or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4410  

post #66136 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

Gino's the one on the extreme right - four days of wear and not a single crease. I hope an apology will now be forthcoming.

 

 

I'd have hoped in four days that he'd have had ample time to decide if it was a collar-up or collar-down situation though.

post #66137 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpark View Post
 

I'd have hoped in four days that he'd have had ample time to decide if it was a collar-up or collar-down situation though.

 

Sprezzacollar, my friend.

post #66138 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

You need to get better at a lot of things.

 

This is true.

 

You just have one thing you need to get better at: managing your tall poppy syndrome.

 

:bounce2::rimshot:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

^^^^ I feel somewhat responsible for what happened there with DR, sorry Jim...

 

No worries, Dusty. I hope life is treating your well.

post #66139 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Sprezzacollar, my friend.

He's got a hot girlfriend as well.
post #66140 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoSprezzalini View Post

Are you allergic to ironing?

Haha - you know fxh well - doesn't wash socks either (as he does not wear them).
post #66141 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
 

 

This is true.

 

You just have one thing you need to get better at: managing your tall poppy syndrome.

 

:bounce2::rimshot:

Sick burn Hoff.

 

But I'm not sure anyone here cares about me as much as you, so I'm hardly a tall poppy.

 

Please stop thinking about my balls.

post #66142 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

Sick burn Hoff.

 

But I'm not sure anyone here cares about me as much as you, so I'm hardly a tall poppy.

 

Please stop thinking about my balls.

 

:confused:

 

That was terrible.

post #66143 of 67946
Thinking of getting a Tissot Visodate from Peters of Kensington this weekend.

Might get a spatula and tongs as well.
post #66144 of 67946
Last weekend would have been better - they had a 20% off code which expired last night. I picked up a new set of Bodum coffee cups
post #66145 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post
 

Gino, show me a photo of your pristine cotton chinos without creasing after at least half a day of wear, then I might take you more seriously....

 

I would, but I only wear my chinos when I'm out on the farm.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

Gino's the one on the extreme right - four days of wear and not a single crease. I hope an apology will now be forthcoming.

 

 

 

I don't know what to say about this. I'm offended that you think I would poppe my collar.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

^^^^ I feel somewhat responsible for what happened there with DR, sorry Jim...

Spazzaloni = the unnamed player

 

The name is Sprezzalini. Gino Sprezzalini.

post #66146 of 67946
Gino, and others who might be interested, Suitably Connected - http://suitablyconnected.org/

"Suitably Connected is here to help Melbourne-based men connect socially and professionally.
As a networking group, for men, we aim to give professionals from a range of industries a forum to expand their network against the backdrop of some fun and different events.
From wine and beer tastings, to tailoring and how to dress for your workplace, our events are designed to be both fun and loosely educational.
If you're interested in joining the network, visit our membership page."
post #66147 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoSprezzalini View Post
 

What is this Suitably Connected you speak of? Do men plan on what to wear to impress one another?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Gino, and others who might be interested, Suitably Connected - http://suitablyconnected.org/

"Suitably Connected is here to help Melbourne-based men connect socially and professionally.
As a networking group, for men, we aim to give professionals from a range of industries a forum to expand their network against the backdrop of some fun and different events.
From wine and beer tastings, to tailoring and how to dress for your workplace, our events are designed to be both fun and loosely educational.
If you're interested in joining the network, visit our membership page."

 

Here's an idea what to expect at a typical SC meet. (This one from earlier this year at P Johnson Tailors' Melbourne atelier.)

 

post #66148 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Sprezzacollar, my friend.

He's got a hot girlfriend as well.
Yeah but (like him) she's a bit of a dummy.
post #66149 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoSprezzalini View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

WIWWTOD
Engagement Lawn Party Toorak The Other Day.
Are you allergic to ironing?

Cotton Chinos, linen/cotton jacket, cotton shirt, cotton socks, silk knit tie and suede chukkas worn in real life to garden party, driving, walking, sitting, drinking, eating. Snapped after 8 hours wearing. Not worn especially for internet photos.
I post here to show, mostly to myself, that I'm still alive.
And to show carers I can dress myself for a day out.
I also post because Pinky, blahman, PoP, ernesto and foxhound etc need something to aspire to.
Edited by fxh - 11/16/15 at 1:16am
post #66150 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoSprezzalini View Post


What is this Suitably Connected you speak of? Do men plan on what to wear to impress one another?
Suitably Connected is a Mens Networking organisation that is strongly associated with and supports a charity Wear For Success (WFS) . WFS supplies suitable clothing dresses men (and women) for employment interviews. People who have been long term unemployed, homeless, refugees or otherwise disadvantaged. WFS receives no government funding.

Generally speaking, many men plan on what to wear to impress one another.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members