Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 4393post #65881 of 6794611/5/15 at 6:58pmpost #65882 of 6794611/5/15 at 7:04pmQuote:
Fascinating request. It implies that there is at least one retail item for sale in Australia at a lower price than some other place in the world.
Difficult to believe, but I suppose there's always a first time.post #65883 of 6794611/5/15 at 7:05pm
Speaking of which, my brother just picked up a one-way Melbourne-Sydney fare with Qantas for A$128.
The cheapest such fares on Qantas' own website are $160.
How did he do it? Why, he used Expedia. From Canada.post #65884 of 6794611/5/15 at 7:06pmpost #65885 of 6794611/5/15 at 8:20pmQuote:Most people here will tell you that this looks too much like an orphaned suit jacket to work as an odd /sport jacket. I will tell you that too. If it wasn't striped you could get away with it as a navy blazer jacket. It does seem to fit well.Originally Posted by BananaKing
Hey guys looking for suggestions on possible pants options with this 3 button suit jacket I picked up while op shopping today.
I got excited about finding a suit that actually fit me and was of decent quality (Herrinbone brand, navy+stripe, size 38, super 110s, cupro lining.). I've almost only seen trash in Brisbane op shops, and very rarely anything below size 40. I asked if there were any pants that came with it but the staff said no. Now at home I realise I don't really know what I could pair these with. And I don't really own or use any trousers so I couldn't really experiment myself at home, just want to know what I might keep an eye for if its possible to pair this jacket with something.
Apologies for the crappy image and weird colours (it is definitely navy, not charcoal :S)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Look on the up side. You now know a brand and style and size that works for you. This can now work well for you if saying buying one off ebay or from somebody here. Or new from Herringbone. Or if you see one in another opshop.
In an opshop if you find a jacket that fits but is orphaned - look around in the trousers separates rack or inside other suits to see if the trousers are hanging around (NB small clothes rack word play). Believe it or not people in opshops will often separate trousers and jackets deliberately and most people think a suit is ANY jacket and trousers that are vaguely the same colour.post #65886 of 6794611/5/15 at 8:32pmQuote:I picked it up on sale in a small menswear shop for less than $100 from memory. Can't remember the brand - nothing I've ever heard of. Its cotton, light enough, totally unstructured but has some cotton lining in sleeves and shoulders etc. Its a great travel jacket. Looks OK for a night out but casual enough to not look overdressed say gawking around The Eddie Obeid Super Fund Cafe's Income Stream @ Circular Quay. Rolls up in a bunch and fits in a brief case even. I just throw it in the wash and hang on a hanger on line to drip dry if it needs cleaning. Its not perfect for say wearing on the internet but great in real life. It has an unfortunate small case of "collo americano". I'd like a couple similar in tan and brown. Still vaguely armchair musing about getting some cheap wash n wear suits made like this in Navy and Tan to mix and match.Originally Posted by herringbonePeteQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Dunno what they do in Sydney - having spent the weekend there - its such a sophisticated place. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beautiful jacket, where is it from?
Nice unstructured lookpost #65887 of 6794611/5/15 at 10:44pmpost #65888 of 6794611/5/15 at 11:20pmpost #65889 of 6794611/5/15 at 11:43pmQuote:
I like the size and cut of the lapels : sort of bang where I think a jacket bordering on casual should be. Actually it reminds me of my $60 dollar Uniqlo jacket....I like jackets that look at home in a multitude of places not just the Internet...post #65890 of 6794611/5/15 at 11:45pmpost #65891 of 6794611/6/15 at 12:10ampost #65892 of 6794611/6/15 at 2:05amFor Pinky
Ma grannie wears an awfy woollie vest
Ye canny shove yer grannie aff a bus
Ye canny shove yer grannie aff a bus
Ye canny shove yer grannie
Cause she's yer mammie's mammie
Ye canny shove yer grannie aff a buspost #65893 of 6794611/6/15 at 3:49ampost #65894 of 6794611/6/15 at 3:52amIts a family sing-along when the Jimmys are over here or at family get togethers (piss ups)
Along with shitloads of others - the usual old hippy songs - Wild Horses, Dead Flowers, 4 Strong Winds, any Hank Williams songs, most Willy and Merle, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, any Pogues (one bro is in a Pogues Tribute band), Wearin' O the Green, Whisky in the Jar, Fairytale of NY, When The Rain Tumbles Down in July, C'Mon Irene, Teenage Kicks, Long Way to Top, Saw Doctorss - Bless Me Father and so on
Edited by fxh - 11/6/15 at 4:17ampost #65895 of 6794611/6/15 at 4:37am
Thanks HC and fxh. I popped back by the store and it looks like they try to pair their suit pants with the jacket usually. But unfortunately I couldn't check if they accidentally separated the pants as they had already packed all long pants/trousers away for summer (pretty small store, limited rack space).
Does anyone know if Herringbone do different suit blocks? If not, if I fit this 38 does that mean most of the herringbone 38 jackets should fit?
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › BNWT $800 AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi Blazer size 48EU/38US 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 16 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 17 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...