or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4383  

post #65731 of 67946
Just picked up my MJ Bale Sturt dinner suit and Paul Smith bow tie. Less than $190 for both including pants hemmed and I get to keep the nice MJ Bale shop hanger. I think that'll be my last suit until I get fat from aging or they start falling apart. Might get a DB jacket, but @ 10 suits I think I better stop.
post #65732 of 67946
Just a heads up that this finishes on Sunday... Though if the Wallabies win I might be persuaded to extend it until Monday night.

http://www.henrycarter.com.au/sale/

post #65733 of 67946
I know people enjoy Executive Style for its insight and sartorial knowledge but was just reading this http://www.countrylife.co.uk/features/the-39-steps-to-being-a-gentleman-78780

But this was a stand out No 8 Avoids lilac socks and polishes his shoes

Guess i fail with No 21 Is not vegetarian
post #65734 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

@ 10 suits I think I better stop.

I feel much the same with 3 suits. Will move to M2M in my 30s if my salary increases enough.
post #65735 of 67946
can anyone point me in the right direction, want to get a decent knit tie in the sydney cbd for melbourne cup... say closer to the $100 price bracket than $200...preferably midnight navy!
post #65736 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzi View Post

can anyone point me in the right direction, want to get a decent knit tie in the sydney cbd for melbourne cup... say closer to the $100 price bracket than $200...preferably midnight navy!

 

MJ Bale have one, although I'm not such a fan of the knit, as I prefer a crunchy knit over this style of knit, but that's a subjective choice:

 

http://www.mjbale.com/ties/2-ties-for-200/hamilton-navy-tie/TIE026W15.html?dwvar_TIE026W15_color=Nvy#start=1

 

I was going to recommend Henry Carter's knit ties, as the Sozzi knits that he carries are very nice, but he's all sold out in navy.

 

http://www.henrycarter.com.au/shop/knit-ties/silk-knit/

post #65737 of 67946
Thanks JM! always a help!
post #65738 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

I know people enjoy Executive Style for its insight and sartorial knowledge but was just reading this http://www.countrylife.co.uk/features/the-39-steps-to-being-a-gentleman-78780

But this was a stand out No 8 Avoids lilac socks and polishes his shoes

Guess i fail with No 21 Is not vegetarian

33 Knows the difference between a rook and a crow

A rook is a chess piece and a crow is what I indulge in when I take my opponent's rook.
post #65739 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

MJ Bale have one, although I'm not such a fan of the knit, as I prefer a crunchy knit over this style of knit, but that's a subjective choice:

http://www.mjbale.com/ties/2-ties-for-200/hamilton-navy-tie/TIE026W15.html?dwvar_TIE026W15_color=Nvy#start=1

I was going to recommend Henry Carter's knit ties, as the Sozzi knits that he carries are very nice, but he's all sold out in navy.

http://www.henrycarter.com.au/shop/knit-ties/silk-knit/
Trenery outlets are clearing out their knit tie stock @ $20 a pop.
post #65740 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post


Trenery outlets are clearing out their knit tie stock @ $20 a pop.
Is that at Bundoora?
post #65741 of 67946

Gents,

 

Time to take the plunge - can anyone recommend me a place in Sydney to get good advice about an engagement ring?

post #65742 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightace View Post

Gents,

Time to take the plunge - can anyone recommend me a place in Sydney to get good advice about an engagement ring?

ScsBNRF.gif
post #65743 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightace View Post
 

Gents,

 

Time to take the plunge - can anyone recommend me a place in Sydney to get good advice about an engagement ring?

 

 

Not Sydney specific, but from my own experience I went to a local Jewelers that still made their own rings. I wasn't positive of a design, so they suggested to make use of their "proposal ring" policy- where the cost of the proposal ring is deducted from the engagement ring. I did just that, popped the question and a few days later went in with my now wife for her to select a design. This included being able to choose the specific stone from a small selection of sapphires that they had arranged. In the end we walked away with a magnificent ring, from a local whom we were also able to meet.

 

**Edit** Good luck

post #65744 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightace View Post

Gents,

Time to take the plunge - can anyone recommend me a place in Sydney to get good advice about an engagement ring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Ok, so you've got time, which is good.

First contact PoP and get the ball rolling on a new passport, then make a bee line for coxy and see if he can get you in for some 'alterations'. Journeyman can organise a short term safe house, his preference is Montevideo via Ulan Bator.

Gerry can help you pack.

Good luck.
post #65745 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightace View Post

Gents,

Time to take the plunge - can anyone recommend me a place in Sydney to get good advice about an engagement ring?
http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/contact-us/locations/nsw/sydney
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members