or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 4373  

post #65581 of 67946

Just a question about suits in Melbourne. Historically, I've used a tailor who flys down from HK to do my suits as OTR doesn't fit my stupidly long arms. I went to Azzaro and used their tailor, but the fit wasn't anywhere close to the MTM ones.

 

I know there is Oscar Hunt and Suit Supply in the $1k range - is there much of a difference between the two? Also, am I missing any other ones?

 

Further, I have a bunch of Trickers, Church's, and C&J shoes in UK9.5 that I will be listing tonight if anyone is interested (PM me and I'll send you the pics and prices before I post them up).

post #65582 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

Just a question about suits in Melbourne. Historically, I've used a tailor who flys down from HK to do my suits as OTR doesn't fit my stupidly long arms. I went to Azzaro and used their tailor, but the fit wasn't anywhere close to the MTM ones.

I need to buy shoe trees form you.
post #65583 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

I need to buy shoe trees form you.

is deinesicht a vendor of shoe trees?
post #65584 of 67946

I bought a whole bunch a couple of years ago and have them still in storage (I bought all the sizes to make sure it would fit my shoes perfectly) :)

post #65585 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

I bought a whole bunch a couple of years ago and have them still in storage (I bought all the sizes to make sure it would fit my shoes perfectly) smile.gif
That's commitment!
post #65586 of 67946

Doing some spring cleaning and my wife wasn't happy that they were still there (I had forgot about them)

post #65587 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

Further, I have a bunch of Trickers, Church's, and C&J shoes in UK9.5 that I will be listing tonight if anyone is interested (PM me and I'll send you the pics and prices before I post them up).

Nice Guy Gerry will buy these and add them to our co-op.

Look forward to seeing what you have.
post #65588 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Amico!

Where abouts?
Paesano! Our family's village is inland from Reggio Calabria in the mountains. I can pm details

DC
dusty calo
post #65589 of 67946

Has anyone heard anything further about Suitsupply in Australia? Have they chickened out due to the dollar?

post #65590 of 67946

Okay here are my shoes looking for a new home. All have been kept with shoes trees and can do inspection as all are in at least very good condition (except for the Carmina's)

 

C&J UK9.5E Canterbury brogue in black calf: $300

Condition is very good and the soles have always been protected. Note that these are subs, but I can't find this issue with them. You are more than welcome to inspect too. Toppy for added protection. Worn ~20 times (these are my favourite shoes, but are slightly too small)

 

 

Church's UK9.5G Melbourne tassel loafers in black $350

These are in near perfect condition, worn <10 times. Toppy on the soles for added protection.

 

 

Church UK10? (they are very tight and would suit a UK9E) slippers velvet in black: $175

Worn < 5 times as these were too small and killed my feet lol

 

 

Carmina UK9.5 (more like UK10.5) loafers burgundy: $75

These are in ordinary condition and is reflected in the price as the stitching is coming apart in the tongue. I bought these used but the size was way off for me.

 

 

Tricker's UK9.5F monks in camel/light to medium brown: $200

A little bit more worn and no toppy as I find Tricker's sole last longer than C&J so I don't get them done.

 

post #65591 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Paesano! Our family's village is inland from Reggio Calabria in the mountains. I can pm details

DC
dusty calo

Father's family is from Gioiosa and Gioiosa Ionica!
post #65592 of 67946
Does anyone know a place in Sydney that does bespoke eyewear? I've tried to look myself but 'bespoke' is one of the most abused terms on eyewear sites.
post #65593 of 67946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Does anyone know a place in Sydney that does bespoke eyewear? I've tried to look myself but 'bespoke' is one of the most abused terms on eyewear sites.

Rather than bore the masses send me a PM
post #65594 of 67946
post #65595 of 67946
What I'm Wearing Right Now
(Eat your heart out Nelson) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members