or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 407

post #6091 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post


What is the quality like at Saba? I've only ever poked my head in before for some sweaters but they didn't have any I liked. Is it one of those only-buy-when-on-sale stores like Oxford?

Saba is made by Sportscraft in the same factories so it's the same quality - fine for basics but I wouldn't buy a suit or shoes.
post #6092 of 56306
So is it just me or are others finding the new forum very slow and problematic? Both firefox and chrome on different machines appear far more sluggish than the old forum, and firefox particularly is very frequently getting 'unresponsive script' popups. Too many external advertising links possibly or just some rough edges on the design still.
post #6093 of 56306
Same - also I have lost all the sticky's... had them at first, now they are gone!
post #6094 of 56306
Also posts that get posted in the wrong thread and even MORE spam.
post #6095 of 56306
SF sold out.
post #6096 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

^^ That post just reminded me to go down to Rivers to check out some suede chukkas for absolutely beater wear.
The Rivers Desert boots don't look right at all to me.

The only decent cheap desert boots I've seen are these - @ $50 - only in two colours beige and black - sadly no dark brown

http://www.trafficfootwear.com.au/estore/style/charles-m.aspx

Richmond Plaza on corner Bridge and Church near Rivers outlet

edit:: or online
http://www.zappos.com/search/clarks+desert+boot/filter/orig/clarks+desert+boot
post #6097 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

So is it just me or are others finding the new forum very slow and problematic? Both firefox and chrome on different machines appear far more sluggish than the old forum, and firefox particularly is very frequently getting 'unresponsive script' popups. Too many external advertising links possibly or just some rough edges on the design still.

*cough* AdBlock Plus *cough*

I haven't noticed any slowdowns, but it is taking a little while for me to get used to.

That said, the new B&S system is winning.
post #6098 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone76 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

So is it just me or are others finding the new forum very slow and problematic? Both firefox and chrome on different machines appear far more sluggish than the old forum, and firefox particularly is very frequently getting 'unresponsive script' popups. Too many external advertising links possibly or just some rough edges on the design still.

*cough* AdBlock Plus *cough*

I haven't noticed any slowdowns, but it is taking a little while for me to get used to.

That said, the new B&S system is winning.

+1. Want that sidebar to go away forever? AdBlock does wonders on my netbook when I want to actually read posts.
post #6099 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

So is it just me or are others finding the new forum very slow and problematic? Both firefox and chrome on different machines appear far more sluggish than the old forum, and firefox particularly is very frequently getting 'unresponsive script' popups. Too many external advertising links possibly or just some rough edges on the design still.

Yes, me too, any advice on blocking ads gratefully accepted!
post #6100 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


- a fringed suede jacket.

Now that was class not sure about the rest of the attire but that I like I miss my rust corduroy levi jacket it the one thing I would like to get my hands on
post #6101 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


I don't know whats wrong with me but I find myself agreeing with The Blahsta. (feels forehead for fever)
Go for the classics Dunlop volleys, desert boots,

Maybe it's just me but I,ve always had foot issues , perhaps agood pair of , hip, leather shoes or RMs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


Lands' End, and Lands' End Canvas have quite a few pairs of madras check shorts in stock at present, and they are nice and cheap.
They also have chino shorts and chino pants in various cuts which are good value for money.

They also have lots of other quite good, cheapish gear such as linen shirts, check shirts, polo shirts and so on.



Not denim shorts, for the love of God! Nooooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Dude, just stick with Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc from DFO.
And Dunlop Volleys never disappoint.
Just teach your son just basics of fit and colour coordination (which sadly no one ever taught me until I stumbled upon this place) and make sure to not tell him to pull his pants up if he decide to wear jeans around his knee - just laugh at his arse (rimshot.gif) until he pulls them up out of embarassment .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

16?
Get him a pair of vans 'new era' shoes
a pair of denim shorts
a pair of nudies or cheap mondays
a few plain white/black t's from country road


Firstly its the hair cut, he has a rats tail and one of styles you see that is either spiked on top or spiked and pulled out like an air foil at the back. Mutant mullet I call it.

My plastic and him looked at CR last year at the Madras shorts but they were too big, not this year. Have thought about the Vans, but he has gotten out of the billies and is wearing adidas sneakers, mind you at that age I was in Romas. Volley would be impossible unless the herd adopted them, him there old mens shoes. DB's not on your RM's no, all old mens shoes. Mind you i think he understands the idea of RM's seeing I have six pair of boots one 20 years old that I own

And yes he one of those kids who have to flash there fluro Bonds undies waist band at the world. And his (Fuck auto correct) t shirts are all prints of god only knows who or what, the crowd he runs with is very jock all rugby players. Up until this year his idea of formal wear was a clean Rugby jumper and track pants, now its hoddies and jeans. I think I am impressed by the fact that he wants to think out side the box in terms of herd clothing.
post #6102 of 56306
Cut off his rat tail. Right now.
post #6103 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

Cut off his rat tail. Right now.

I'm afraid it's too late. He's lost him. The only thing he can do now is start over with another one.

Look at the SW&D WAYWN thread or even similar thread on superfuture, those places are closer to his age group, http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=2233&page=6999

All I can think of are decent slim Jeans, slim rugged almost jean style khakis, madras shorts. Well fitting button up shirts in chambaray, flanel, gingham, madras type casual patterns. Boat shoes worn sockless as beaters, and Redwing GT type boots, plimsol sneakers or asics/onitsuka tigers.
post #6104 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post









Firstly its the hair cut, he has a rats tail and one of styles you see that is either spiked on top or spiked and pulled out like an air foil at the back. Mutant mullet I call it.

My plastic and him looked at CR last year at the Madras shorts but they were too big, not this year. Have thought about the Vans, but he has gotten out of the billies and is wearing adidas sneakers, mind you at that age I was in Romas. Volley would be impossible unless the herd adopted them, him there old mens shoes. DB's not on your RM's no, all old mens shoes. Mind you i think he understands the idea of RM's seeing I have six pair of boots one 20 years old that I own

And yes he one of those kids who have to flash there fluro Bonds undies waist band at the world. And his (Fuck auto correct) t shirts are all prints of god only knows who or what, the crowd he runs with is very jock all rugby players. Up until this year his idea of formal wear was a clean Rugby jumper and track pants, now its hoddies and jeans. I think I am impressed by the fact that he wants to think out side the box in terms of herd clothing.

laugh.gif TBH even I think RM Williams are old mans shoes.
Well Adidas isn't all that bad. Funny that Adidas Superstars, Converse All Stars, and Dunlop Volleys are all pretty old shoe designs that survived without much change to this day - in a way they are pretty classic sneaker designs. So I'm pretty surprised taht your son would consider Volleys to be old man shoes. That hair of his has to go though.

While on Adidas, I've been thinking about hunting down a pair of Adidas Rod Lavers for some reason.
post #6105 of 56306
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTM View Post


Yes, me too, any advice on blocking ads gratefully accepted!

1. Download Firefox (if you're not using it already) and install it
2. Open Firefox
3. Type 'AdBlock Plus Firefox' into the Google search box on the Firefox home page
4. Click on the first link and follow the prompts
5. ???
6. Profit!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members