Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3613post #54181 of 645249/4/14 at 12:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54182 of 645249/4/14 at 12:25ampost #54183 of 645249/4/14 at 12:26ampost #54184 of 645249/4/14 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
It should be fun. But prices in HK are much too high for the usual branded stuff, quality or not. Just have a look at what Paul Smith stuff retails for, even at discount.
If you wish to just mosey around (and giggle at the prices), try on shoes to get an idea of lasts, then go to:
1. John Lobb near the Mandarin Oriental in Central.
2. Berluti in TST Harbourside Shopping Mall.
3. JM Weston somewhere in Central (google).
4. Tassels in the Landmark Shopping Centre in Central. They have Bontoni, Aldens, Edward Green
5. The Armoury both in Landmark and the main shop in Pedders St.
6. Corthay in Landmark
7. Crockett & Jones (somewhere in the Central area I think)
There is also a Boggi store at TST Harbourside Shopping Mall. Ask for Marcello, the shop manager. Loro Piana, Etro, Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli are also in the same shopping mall. Zegna is somewhere in Peking St right in front of the said shopping mall. Corneliani is in Landmark. I am not sure where Brioni has moved to.
For fancy schmancy food without breaking budget, lunch at Atelier Joel Robuchon, also near Landmark.
There are lots more, but cannot recall at the moment.
Bookmarking this for my trip at the end of the year for sure.post #54185 of 645249/4/14 at 1:16ampost #54186 of 645249/4/14 at 1:20amQuote:
Give it a day, though.
Also, I was feeling hungry today so I went to Maccas. I upsized that shit without even thinking about it!
Suck on that, peasants!post #54187 of 645249/4/14 at 1:22ampost #54188 of 645249/4/14 at 1:34ampost #54189 of 645249/4/14 at 1:37ampost #54190 of 645249/4/14 at 1:58ampost #54191 of 645249/4/14 at 2:04amHey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.post #54192 of 645249/4/14 at 2:10amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Hey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.
I didn't think you could do that, man! You can't, fxh, you can't!post #54193 of 645249/4/14 at 2:26amThis thread is like a bad version of home and away sometimes. FFS.
Anywho, have the final fitting of my Oscar Hunt suit next Friday. Will post pics and provide a quick review the week after. I'm currently replacing some of my staples with the OH suit being blue, combined with my previous charcoal suit from Suit Shop that leaves mid grey next in line. I'll weigh up the process and outcome for both OH and SS and use the one on liked most for the mid grey.post #54194 of 645249/4/14 at 2:32am
- Australian Members
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015