Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 3613post #54181 of 679469/4/14 at 12:23ampost #54182 of 679469/4/14 at 12:25ampost #54183 of 679469/4/14 at 12:26ampost #54184 of 679469/4/14 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
It should be fun. But prices in HK are much too high for the usual branded stuff, quality or not. Just have a look at what Paul Smith stuff retails for, even at discount.
If you wish to just mosey around (and giggle at the prices), try on shoes to get an idea of lasts, then go to:
1. John Lobb near the Mandarin Oriental in Central.
2. Berluti in TST Harbourside Shopping Mall.
3. JM Weston somewhere in Central (google).
4. Tassels in the Landmark Shopping Centre in Central. They have Bontoni, Aldens, Edward Green
5. The Armoury both in Landmark and the main shop in Pedders St.
6. Corthay in Landmark
7. Crockett & Jones (somewhere in the Central area I think)
There is also a Boggi store at TST Harbourside Shopping Mall. Ask for Marcello, the shop manager. Loro Piana, Etro, Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli are also in the same shopping mall. Zegna is somewhere in Peking St right in front of the said shopping mall. Corneliani is in Landmark. I am not sure where Brioni has moved to.
For fancy schmancy food without breaking budget, lunch at Atelier Joel Robuchon, also near Landmark.
There are lots more, but cannot recall at the moment.
Bookmarking this for my trip at the end of the year for sure.post #54185 of 679469/4/14 at 1:16ampost #54186 of 679469/4/14 at 1:20amQuote:
Give it a day, though.
Also, I was feeling hungry today so I went to Maccas. I upsized that shit without even thinking about it!
Suck on that, peasants!post #54187 of 679469/4/14 at 1:22ampost #54188 of 679469/4/14 at 1:34ampost #54189 of 679469/4/14 at 1:37ampost #54190 of 679469/4/14 at 1:58ampost #54191 of 679469/4/14 at 2:04amHey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.post #54192 of 679469/4/14 at 2:10amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Hey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.
I didn't think you could do that, man! You can't, fxh, you can't!post #54193 of 679469/4/14 at 2:26amThis thread is like a bad version of home and away sometimes. FFS.
Anywho, have the final fitting of my Oscar Hunt suit next Friday. Will post pics and provide a quick review the week after. I'm currently replacing some of my staples with the OH suit being blue, combined with my previous charcoal suit from Suit Shop that leaves mid grey next in line. I'll weigh up the process and outcome for both OH and SS and use the one on liked most for the mid grey.post #54194 of 679469/4/14 at 2:32ampost #54195 of 679469/4/14 at 2:39am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 18 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 24 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...