Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3613post #54181 of 664779/4/14 at 12:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54182 of 664779/4/14 at 12:25ampost #54183 of 664779/4/14 at 12:26ampost #54184 of 664779/4/14 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
It should be fun. But prices in HK are much too high for the usual branded stuff, quality or not. Just have a look at what Paul Smith stuff retails for, even at discount.
If you wish to just mosey around (and giggle at the prices), try on shoes to get an idea of lasts, then go to:
1. John Lobb near the Mandarin Oriental in Central.
2. Berluti in TST Harbourside Shopping Mall.
3. JM Weston somewhere in Central (google).
4. Tassels in the Landmark Shopping Centre in Central. They have Bontoni, Aldens, Edward Green
5. The Armoury both in Landmark and the main shop in Pedders St.
6. Corthay in Landmark
7. Crockett & Jones (somewhere in the Central area I think)
There is also a Boggi store at TST Harbourside Shopping Mall. Ask for Marcello, the shop manager. Loro Piana, Etro, Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli are also in the same shopping mall. Zegna is somewhere in Peking St right in front of the said shopping mall. Corneliani is in Landmark. I am not sure where Brioni has moved to.
For fancy schmancy food without breaking budget, lunch at Atelier Joel Robuchon, also near Landmark.
There are lots more, but cannot recall at the moment.
Bookmarking this for my trip at the end of the year for sure.post #54185 of 664779/4/14 at 1:16ampost #54186 of 664779/4/14 at 1:20amQuote:
Give it a day, though.
Also, I was feeling hungry today so I went to Maccas. I upsized that shit without even thinking about it!
Suck on that, peasants!post #54187 of 664779/4/14 at 1:22ampost #54188 of 664779/4/14 at 1:34ampost #54189 of 664779/4/14 at 1:37ampost #54190 of 664779/4/14 at 1:58ampost #54191 of 664779/4/14 at 2:04amHey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.post #54192 of 664779/4/14 at 2:10amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Hey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.
I didn't think you could do that, man! You can't, fxh, you can't!post #54193 of 664779/4/14 at 2:26amThis thread is like a bad version of home and away sometimes. FFS.
Anywho, have the final fitting of my Oscar Hunt suit next Friday. Will post pics and provide a quick review the week after. I'm currently replacing some of my staples with the OH suit being blue, combined with my previous charcoal suit from Suit Shop that leaves mid grey next in line. I'll weigh up the process and outcome for both OH and SS and use the one on liked most for the mid grey.post #54194 of 664779/4/14 at 2:32am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Atlanta Tailors 28 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 19 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 22 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 25 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories