Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3613post #54181 of 678879/4/14 at 12:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #54182 of 678879/4/14 at 12:25ampost #54183 of 678879/4/14 at 12:26ampost #54184 of 678879/4/14 at 12:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Petepan
It should be fun. But prices in HK are much too high for the usual branded stuff, quality or not. Just have a look at what Paul Smith stuff retails for, even at discount.
If you wish to just mosey around (and giggle at the prices), try on shoes to get an idea of lasts, then go to:
1. John Lobb near the Mandarin Oriental in Central.
2. Berluti in TST Harbourside Shopping Mall.
3. JM Weston somewhere in Central (google).
4. Tassels in the Landmark Shopping Centre in Central. They have Bontoni, Aldens, Edward Green
5. The Armoury both in Landmark and the main shop in Pedders St.
6. Corthay in Landmark
7. Crockett & Jones (somewhere in the Central area I think)
There is also a Boggi store at TST Harbourside Shopping Mall. Ask for Marcello, the shop manager. Loro Piana, Etro, Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli are also in the same shopping mall. Zegna is somewhere in Peking St right in front of the said shopping mall. Corneliani is in Landmark. I am not sure where Brioni has moved to.
For fancy schmancy food without breaking budget, lunch at Atelier Joel Robuchon, also near Landmark.
There are lots more, but cannot recall at the moment.
Bookmarking this for my trip at the end of the year for sure.post #54185 of 678879/4/14 at 1:16ampost #54186 of 678879/4/14 at 1:20amQuote:
Give it a day, though.
Also, I was feeling hungry today so I went to Maccas. I upsized that shit without even thinking about it!
Suck on that, peasants!post #54187 of 678879/4/14 at 1:22ampost #54188 of 678879/4/14 at 1:34ampost #54189 of 678879/4/14 at 1:37ampost #54190 of 678879/4/14 at 1:58ampost #54191 of 678879/4/14 at 2:04amHey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.post #54192 of 678879/4/14 at 2:10amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Hey youse small timers. The other day, hard physical work, discovered Maccas had a lunchtime special, Mini Burgers $1. So I felt around in my pocket, found a $2 coin and asked myself what would a heavy hitter from Sydney, like Michael Sy or skeen do. So I turned to the rest of the queue. Said F U All. And ordered $1 fries to go with it.Flipped the $2 coin to the law graduate serving. Said keep the change little buddy. And pulled out my phone and pretended to text. You should have seen those losers envious looks.
I didn't think you could do that, man! You can't, fxh, you can't!post #54193 of 678879/4/14 at 2:26amThis thread is like a bad version of home and away sometimes. FFS.
Anywho, have the final fitting of my Oscar Hunt suit next Friday. Will post pics and provide a quick review the week after. I'm currently replacing some of my staples with the OH suit being blue, combined with my previous charcoal suit from Suit Shop that leaves mid grey next in line. I'll weigh up the process and outcome for both OH and SS and use the one on liked most for the mid grey.post #54194 of 678879/4/14 at 2:32am
- Australian Members
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Velasca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...