Fred Astaire, whose physique I have nothing in common with, was a very slight man, particularly through the legs. He looked his best in wider trousers and heavier cloths, and was fond of the double breasted jacket with a drape cut. When he tried narrower trousers later in his life, I don't think he ever equalled his wider trouser look, although in fairness, one can't dance at 75 as they did at 35.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3596
Styleforum Top Pickspost #53927 of 609849/1/14 at 7:09ampost #53928 of 609849/1/14 at 7:10am
Don't worry. I saw what you said. There was no real need to be spiteful or make an attack, explicitly wishing ill will against me. I made a comment about you being skinny, whoopdy fucking do.
When I joined this forum I got ripped to shreds worse than Oli on a Saturday night at The Peel. I had memes made about me, I had pictures I had posted photoshopped and abuse thrown at me. Did I laugh at it off? I sure did, I even sit down with some of those very members who abused me for a beer now and again. Do you ever see JH having a cry when someone makes a joke against him? Not once, and that's something I take my hat off too.post #53929 of 609849/1/14 at 7:43ampost #53930 of 609849/1/14 at 7:52am
Look forward to seeing and hearing about these other non TOJ leather jackets when they start rolling in. Wish i'd pulled the trigger on an oxblood one circa @Aris back in the day but glad I missed the whole last call, i'm sure it will work out for those waiting in the end but think id have written off the money by now and deleted TOJ from my thread subscriptions after this long.post #53931 of 609849/1/14 at 1:42pmQuote:
Looks off to me but maybe I have weird taste.
Cut short with the big fur collar makes it very feminine I dunno
Plus like the other guy said the A2 in particular suffers from being costumey (similar but in a different way to the goth ninja jackets). Incongruous with the distressed jeans
Id be interested to see his shoes. Sneakers are going to look odd with a brown leather jacket, and brown leather laceups will look odd with those jeans. Footwear is one of the main reasons brown leather jackets look awkwardQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
I know that an A-2 jacket isn't very goth-ninja streetwear in style, but it's hardly "dadcore". It's a great look, whether you're wearing it with jeans, chinos, t-shirt, oxford shirt or something else.
Instead of "dadcore", think of Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" or Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones movies.
Im too young to have seen any of these movies which is probably why I consider it dadcore
Besides this looks both dadcore and costumey at the same time...
This is such a dadjoke
Edited by skeen7908 - 9/1/14 at 2:00pmpost #53932 of 609849/1/14 at 2:37pmpost #53933 of 609849/1/14 at 2:40pmpost #53934 of 609849/1/14 at 2:52pmpost #53935 of 609849/1/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Boots - calf chukkas or chelsea boots would work.post #53936 of 609849/1/14 at 3:28pmCan't please everyone, wurger.
If you like it, wear it. Life's too short for opinions to get in the way (-:
And BTW, I'd say boots are ideal. Not cos-playish army boots, but maybe chukkas or chelseas, or maybe something in dark suede for contrast.
Most of all, wear your dad-jacket with swagger, like you don't really give a hoot what anyone thinks (you should not) That's the difference between wearing something and letting it wear you.post #53937 of 609849/1/14 at 3:58pmpost #53938 of 609849/1/14 at 4:10pmI know, mate.
And that's my point.
While it's good to listen to the advice of the collective, sooner or later, you have to make up your own mind.
Too often, we SFers get caught up in groupthink to the point we don't necessarily make the optimal choices, i.e. the ones that suit us, and not others.
Trust me, I've been here since 08 and nothing much has changed (-:
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 9/1/14 at 5:17pmpost #53939 of 609849/1/14 at 4:13pmpost #53940 of 609849/1/14 at 4:16pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Quality mens shoes under $500 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: J. Crew Ludlow TRAVELER Suitings Any color in size 38S with... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: J. Crew Ludlow TRAVELER Suitings in any color size 38S pants... 6 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › The Large Feet Thread – dedicated to info on where to get plus size... 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan