Would rather listen to watch and camera discussions than listen to the Halloween debate again.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3518post #52756 of 679468/5/14 at 5:24ampost #52757 of 679468/5/14 at 5:27ampost #52758 of 679468/5/14 at 5:33ampost #52759 of 679468/5/14 at 2:38pmpost #52760 of 679468/5/14 at 3:31pmpost #52761 of 679468/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Ernesto, I don't know if it's still the case but you used to see a few light-coloured linen or cotton suits from places like Anthony Squires and Herringbone in the summer. I've got a beige-coloured Japanese cotton suit from Herringbone that's lasted me for some years and which is very nice in summer. I've also got a "sand"-coloured suit (for want of a better descriptor) from Deer Style that gets quite a lot of wear in summer, both as a suit and as separates.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks JM. I would have picked Brisbane as a haven for light coloured, light weight clothes. Down south it seems people continue to wear the same weight and colour fabric year round (except for the gents on here, of course).post #52762 of 679468/5/14 at 4:53pmpost #52763 of 679468/5/14 at 5:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johknee
Here's one for the Novocastrians.
So.....are these guys tailors like PJ???
This place is responsible for my single worst experience with a company professionally or personally. The "head tailor" who is the man speaking at the beginning of the video is the most arrogant and smug arse hole I've ever had the misfortune of speaking to. Their store is also disgusting, dirty and has an unpleasant odour. They offer a 'bespoke' service 3 fittings+ for a fused suit and don't try and ask about the process or try having a meaningful discussion about the merits of different suit construction or perhaps what sort of lapel style you might be interested in.
You're a stupid customer and you'll get what you're told to and canvassed suits are only for wankers who hang out on the internet.
Good look, love the shoes.post #52764 of 679468/5/14 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Sony A7 + 55mm f1.8 - taken today after work before all the light disappeared:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's on f1.8 so I think the image separation is pretty good.
This is great by the way. Is that a Canadian tux?post #52765 of 679468/5/14 at 5:16pmpost #52766 of 679468/5/14 at 5:22pm
The colours look a bit saturated, so the jacket probably isn't as bright or "denim-like" in real life.
I'm pretty sure that I've got that same tie (is it a Vanda tie, Gerry?) and the blue overcheck isn't that iridescent in real life.post #52767 of 679468/5/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Aw yeah. Was taught this at jungle confidence course while I was in the army. But it was bloody monsoon season.post #52768 of 679468/5/14 at 5:26pmpost #52769 of 679468/5/14 at 6:16pmpost #52770 of 679468/5/14 at 6:29pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 44 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding