Would rather listen to watch and camera discussions than listen to the Halloween debate again.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3518post #52756 of 640968/5/14 at 5:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #52757 of 640968/5/14 at 5:27ampost #52758 of 640968/5/14 at 5:33ampost #52759 of 640968/5/14 at 2:38pmpost #52760 of 640968/5/14 at 3:31pmpost #52761 of 640968/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Ernesto, I don't know if it's still the case but you used to see a few light-coloured linen or cotton suits from places like Anthony Squires and Herringbone in the summer. I've got a beige-coloured Japanese cotton suit from Herringbone that's lasted me for some years and which is very nice in summer. I've also got a "sand"-coloured suit (for want of a better descriptor) from Deer Style that gets quite a lot of wear in summer, both as a suit and as separates.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks JM. I would have picked Brisbane as a haven for light coloured, light weight clothes. Down south it seems people continue to wear the same weight and colour fabric year round (except for the gents on here, of course).post #52762 of 640968/5/14 at 4:53pmpost #52763 of 640968/5/14 at 5:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johknee
Here's one for the Novocastrians.
So.....are these guys tailors like PJ???
This place is responsible for my single worst experience with a company professionally or personally. The "head tailor" who is the man speaking at the beginning of the video is the most arrogant and smug arse hole I've ever had the misfortune of speaking to. Their store is also disgusting, dirty and has an unpleasant odour. They offer a 'bespoke' service 3 fittings+ for a fused suit and don't try and ask about the process or try having a meaningful discussion about the merits of different suit construction or perhaps what sort of lapel style you might be interested in.
You're a stupid customer and you'll get what you're told to and canvassed suits are only for wankers who hang out on the internet.
Good look, love the shoes.post #52764 of 640968/5/14 at 5:12pmpost #52765 of 640968/5/14 at 5:16pmpost #52766 of 640968/5/14 at 5:22pm
The colours look a bit saturated, so the jacket probably isn't as bright or "denim-like" in real life.
I'm pretty sure that I've got that same tie (is it a Vanda tie, Gerry?) and the blue overcheck isn't that iridescent in real life.post #52767 of 640968/5/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Aw yeah. Was taught this at jungle confidence course while I was in the army. But it was bloody monsoon season.post #52768 of 640968/5/14 at 5:26pmpost #52769 of 640968/5/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
Right on both counts, JM.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Dress in Academia 1 minute ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...