Would rather listen to watch and camera discussions than listen to the Halloween debate again.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3518post #52756 of 613648/5/14 at 5:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #52757 of 613648/5/14 at 5:27ampost #52758 of 613648/5/14 at 5:33ampost #52759 of 613648/5/14 at 2:38pmpost #52760 of 613648/5/14 at 3:31pmpost #52761 of 613648/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Ernesto, I don't know if it's still the case but you used to see a few light-coloured linen or cotton suits from places like Anthony Squires and Herringbone in the summer. I've got a beige-coloured Japanese cotton suit from Herringbone that's lasted me for some years and which is very nice in summer. I've also got a "sand"-coloured suit (for want of a better descriptor) from Deer Style that gets quite a lot of wear in summer, both as a suit and as separates.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks JM. I would have picked Brisbane as a haven for light coloured, light weight clothes. Down south it seems people continue to wear the same weight and colour fabric year round (except for the gents on here, of course).post #52762 of 613648/5/14 at 4:53pmpost #52763 of 613648/5/14 at 5:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johknee
Here's one for the Novocastrians.
So.....are these guys tailors like PJ???
This place is responsible for my single worst experience with a company professionally or personally. The "head tailor" who is the man speaking at the beginning of the video is the most arrogant and smug arse hole I've ever had the misfortune of speaking to. Their store is also disgusting, dirty and has an unpleasant odour. They offer a 'bespoke' service 3 fittings+ for a fused suit and don't try and ask about the process or try having a meaningful discussion about the merits of different suit construction or perhaps what sort of lapel style you might be interested in.
You're a stupid customer and you'll get what you're told to and canvassed suits are only for wankers who hang out on the internet.
Good look, love the shoes.post #52764 of 613648/5/14 at 5:12pmpost #52765 of 613648/5/14 at 5:16pmpost #52766 of 613648/5/14 at 5:22pm
The colours look a bit saturated, so the jacket probably isn't as bright or "denim-like" in real life.
I'm pretty sure that I've got that same tie (is it a Vanda tie, Gerry?) and the blue overcheck isn't that iridescent in real life.post #52767 of 613648/5/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Aw yeah. Was taught this at jungle confidence course while I was in the army. But it was bloody monsoon season.post #52768 of 613648/5/14 at 5:26pmpost #52769 of 613648/5/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
Right on both counts, JM.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 14 seconds ago
- › This is mainly due to its effectiveness 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...