or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 3477

post #52141 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

 

Is it safe to assume their shirts start between $250 and $300?

 

 

 


Not a good line to drop.

 

 

I bought a pair of Carmina's on Thursday night just to impress a girl.

 

It worked.

post #52142 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

 

I bought a pair of Carmina's on Thursday night just to impress a girl.

 

It worked.

 

Bucks or Monk?

post #52143 of 55993
*Random question warning*

Playstation or Xbox?

Intended as a gift. For mucking around at home. Online stuff not that important.
post #52144 of 55993
Neither, get a pinball machine. Way cooler.
post #52145 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

*Random question warning*

Playstation or Xbox?

Intended as a gift. For mucking around at home. Online stuff not that important.


Depends on the Age of the person.

If under 12, get them a Wii U, the new Mario Kart is incredible, Super Smash Brothers looks ace, and Super Mario 3D World is really quite challenging, which is refreshing. The new Legend of Zelda game next year will be great too.

 

I haven't been really impressed by the Xbox One, and I chose the PlayStation 4 when it came time to buy a new Console. In saying that, the PS4 has suffered the same curse as it's predecessor upon launch, the games library is really small, but since E3 we have seen that some killer games are coming out very soon, so I'd go the PS4.

post #52146 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


Depends on the Age of the person.


If under 12, get them a Wii U, the new Mario Kart is incredible, Super Smash Brothers looks ace, and Super Mario 3D World is really quite challenging, which is refreshing. The new Legend of Zelda game next year will be great too.

I haven't been really impressed by the Xbox One, and I chose the PlayStation 4 when it came time to buy a new Console. In saying that, the PS4 has suffered the same curse as it's predecessor upon launch, the games library is really small, but since E3 we have seen that some killer games are coming out very soon, so I'd go the PS4.

*News reader voice* And back to you, John.
post #52147 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

*Random question warning*
Playstation or Xbox?
Intended as a gift. For mucking around at home. Online stuff not that important.
My advice is that your time would be more productively spent contributing to house cleaning, tidying up a bit, cooking and bit more and fixing stuff around the house. hth.
post #52148 of 55993
Quote:
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

 

Is it safe to assume their shirts start between $250 and $300?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A pretty dick thing to say. True, very true, but still a dick thing to say, haha.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My advice is that your time would be more productively spent contributing to house cleaning, tidying up a bit, cooking and bit more and fixing stuff around the house. hth.

 

 

Yes, Dad.

post #52149 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

*Random question warning*
Playstation or Xbox?
Intended as a gift. For mucking around at home. Online stuff not that important.
My advice is that your time would be more productively spent contributing to house cleaning, tidying up a bit, cooking and bit more and fixing stuff around the house. hth.

Happy birthday son. Hope you like your 'contributing to house cleaning, tidying up a bit, cooking and bit more and fixing stuff around the house'.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
post #52150 of 55993
It would be between the ps4 and the wiiu. The wiiu has some good titles and is great when you have people over.

Ps4 is more for solo gaming. Ps4 would be pretty cool if you have grand turismo and a steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


A pretty dick thing to say. True, very true, but still a dick thing to say, haha.


Yes, Dad.

I recently watched fast and furious again and it was the first thing that came into ny mind when I read your post lol
post #52151 of 55993
You watched that movie more than once?

disgust_707676_1567263.gif
post #52152 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

Ps4 is more for solo gaming. Ps4 would be pretty cool if you have grand turismo and a steering wheel.

Can confirm: GT6, Mt Panorama and a Ferrari = :bounce2:

post #52153 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 


Not a good line to drop.

 

 

I bought a pair of Carmina's on Thursday night just to impress a girl.

 

It worked.


Pics or it didn't happen.

 

Mind you, I wouldn't say I bought them to impress a girl exactly, but I *did* buy my C&J double monks shortly before going on a first date early last year and wore them on said date and now I'm engaged to be married to her so there's definitely something to be said for this shoe-buying lark.

 

Actually bought a new pair of shoes yesterday, but not English for once.  Had a browse at Mark Muir in the Melbourne CBD, got a "last pair" price on a pair of black side-zip jodhpur boots, with cap toe and a medallion which just fit me beautifully.  Can be dressed up or down and can be pulled on and zipped up in seconds, which can be handy sometimes when time spent tying laces would be the difference between making the train and being late for work.  I'm sure sidezip boots aren't exactly conservative business dress but I also bet 99% of people won't even notice the zip.

 

Still hoping to use my upcoming nuptials as a way to justify getting the burgundy Edward Green Inverness I've wanted for ages.  We'll see.  I suppose I'd actually have to wear them at the wedding to justify that.

post #52154 of 55993
A question for the wise men re alterations is it easier and or better to let trousers out or take them in?
post #52155 of 55993
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post




Not a good line to drop.


I bought a pair of Carmina's on Thursday night just to impress a girl.

It worked.


Pics or it didn't happen.

Mind you, I wouldn't say I bought them to impress a girl exactly, but I *did* buy my C&J double monks shortly before going on a first date early last year and wore them on said date and now I'm engaged to be married to her so there's definitely something to be said for this shoe-buying lark.

Actually bought a new pair of shoes yesterday, but not English for once. Had a browse at Mark Muir in the Melbourne CBD, got a "last pair" price on a pair of black side-zip jodhpur boots, with cap toe and a medallion which just fit me beautifully. Can be dressed up or down and can be pulled on and zipped up in seconds, which can be handy sometimes when time spent tying laces would be the difference between making the train and being late for work. I'm sure sidezip boots aren't exactly conservative business dress but I also bet 99% of people won't even notice the zip.

Still hoping to use my upcoming nuptials as a way to justify getting the burgundy Edward Green Inverness I've wanted for ages. We'll see. I suppose I'd actually have to wear them at the wedding to justify that.

Speaking of shoes I see Double Monk will be stocking som Aldens soon. Anyone have any inside word on what models? Presume the unlined chukka would have to be one of them. Maybe the tassel loafers as well? They are probably the two most iconic shoes they make.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members