or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 3474

post #52096 of 58009
Beautiful wurger. Did you get those today?
post #52097 of 58009
Yes, I did. biggrin.gif
post #52098 of 58009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Ha, nice boots, I wore mine to lunch, so did Gerry. We also wore Henry Carter Scarves.

Couples dressing in the same outfits is a bit twee IMO but whatever floats your boat.
post #52099 of 58009
A few people have asked for fit pics of the BR pea coat. WIWT





Much prefer to wear with the collar up.

post #52100 of 58009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Couples dressing in the same outfits is a bit twee IMO but whatever floats your boat.

Bravo!
post #52101 of 58009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Couples dressing in the same outfits is a bit twee IMO but whatever floats your boat.
Pffft. It's the best when my girl dresses in the same outfit.


Birthday suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

nice, is your one the macquarie?
Sure are
Edited by Foxhound - 7/18/14 at 11:27pm
post #52102 of 58009
I picked up my new coat today from Braddon Tailors just in time for the trunk show. As promised below are a bunch of photo's. Full disclosure: I did get a discount on the coat due to our working relationship but I still paid over $500 for it. Full price is around $795 which is fully canvassed, quarter lined and working button holes. the fabric is a house fabric, 360gram I think and 85% wool 15% camel hair. They also carry Dormeuil, Dugdale, Ariston, London Cloth Co. and others. Given we rushed this in about 3 weeks with zero fittings, the fit is pretty fantastic, but I won't put any fit pics up until after the trunk show, I want to wear it a few times and let it relax and take shape a bit. The only couple of changes I'll make for the next commission will be lengthening the back balance a touch and possibly extending the shoulder 0.5cm on each side. Otherwise pretty spot on. This is straight out of the box with a light press, so the lapels still need to relax a bit..

Full shot -


Buttons


Great pattern matching


Inside finishing


With chocolate grenadine grossa
post #52103 of 58009
HC

Just curious, why quarter lined?

Very nice I must admit.
post #52104 of 58009

Jason, would they do a basted fitting as standard?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

I picked up my new coat today from Braddon Tailors just in time for the trunk show. As promised below are a bunch of photo's. Full disclosure: I did get a discount on the coat due to our working relationship but I still paid over $500 for it. Full price is around $795 which is fully canvassed, quarter lined and working button holes. the fabric is a house fabric, 360gram I think and 85% wool 15% camel hair. They also carry Dormeuil, Dugdale, Ariston, London Cloth Co. and others. Given we rushed this in about 3 weeks with zero fittings, the fit is pretty fantastic, but I won't put any fit pics up until after the trunk show, I want to wear it a few times and let it relax and take shape a bit. The only couple of changes I'll make for the next commission will be lengthening the back balance a touch and possibly extending the shoulder 0.5cm on each side. Otherwise pretty spot on. This is straight out of the box with a light press, so the lapels still need to relax a bit..

Full shot -
post #52105 of 58009
Wow that Looks nice. Pretty much exactly what I was hunting for but could never find.
post #52106 of 58009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

HC

Just curious, why quarter lined?

Very nice I must admit.
I wanted to see the skills/finishing of their tailors for my own curiosity but I also wanted to extend the wearability to autumn and in canberra the first month of spring, where a fully lined coat might be a bit too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899 View Post


There is no basted fittings, this is mtm not bespoke I should be clear. The pieces arrive finished and then they use a local tailor for any minor adjustments (luckily my local tailor also)
post #52107 of 58009

I ordered an M65 in a slim fit - did I done goofed?

post #52108 of 58009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

I wanted to see the skills/finishing of their tailors for my own curiosity but I also wanted to extend the wearability to autumn and in canberra the first month of spring, where a fully lined coat might be a bit too hot.

Makes sense looking forward to seeing it on the 24th. Where do they have the clothes made up?

PS you going out to the Brumbies tonight?
post #52109 of 58009
They are made in China, but to a very high standard using good factories. They do have a made in England bespoke option where fittings ate done and the garment goes back and forth between them but I have no experience with this.

No just watching on fox, early start for a ride this morning and I'm buggered, not moving off the couch for now. Will be a great game.
post #52110 of 58009

terrific HC do they CMT?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members