Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3466post #51976 of 640677/15/14 at 4:13amI have meant to do some background on that defence contract. Is it RMW that has the contract and outsourcing manufacture? Was it Rossi complaining the other day? The gov is happy to hand out subsidies to rent seekers in twilight industries in the billions but can't pay 2 Bob extra per boot to give a defence contract to manufacturing that is in SA the Rustbelt. Its also the first I've heard of defence materiel looking for value for money or efficiencies.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51977 of 640677/15/14 at 4:17ampost #51978 of 640677/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51979 of 640677/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51980 of 640677/15/14 at 4:24amQuote:
This. They wear the RMWs when they do formal marches, functions etc.
I always thought Redback did the combat boots in the past.post #51981 of 640677/15/14 at 4:38am
I don't know if Redback are still making the boots, but they certainly made them for much of the past 15 years, since 1999, when the ADF adopted the Redback "Terra Defence Boot" as their standard boot. I don't know where they're made now, but they used to make them in Australia (in Sydney, I believe).
They were pretty good but there were some complaints about sizing issues and also about sole wear, so in 2007 or 2008 the ADF decided to undertake a review of the combat boot and, at the same time, to allow soldiers to wear either the Terra Defence Boot or one of four other boots from a variety of different makers. However, if soldiers wanted to wear anything other than the Terra Defence Boot, they had to fork out their own money for other authorised boot models, which elicited some protests.post #51982 of 640677/15/14 at 4:38ampost #51983 of 640677/15/14 at 4:48ampost #51984 of 640677/15/14 at 4:59ampost #51985 of 640677/15/14 at 5:00ampost #51986 of 640677/15/14 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Oli2012
Noooo, distressed leather is too uncle bad touch, and DB is too decadent.
Oh yeah, could go for one of those. Will wear one when I go for ribs at a clandestine meet.
Nice lid PoP! (Compliments)post #51987 of 640677/15/14 at 5:18pmpost #51988 of 640677/15/14 at 5:18pmQuote:At risk of coming across too pedantic, the contract Rossi tendered for was for non-combat work boots. E.g. safety boots for construction sites etc. Only worth $15m which is a piss in the ocean for the DMO but would have set Rossi up for the next few years.
As an aside, one of the contracts went to "Steel Blue" boots, which as their overly Australian-sounding name and use of a moustachioed Aussie cricketer in their ads suggest, are made completely offshore.post #51989 of 640677/15/14 at 5:21pmpost #51990 of 640677/15/14 at 6:21pmI have bought quite a few things lately, come to think of it:
- Oscar Hunt Navy DB suit in Lindley/Huddersfield cloth ($1200ish)
- Col Littleton tie case (http://www.colonellittleton.com/shop/leather-travel-tie-case-no12/) $70
- Red Envelope dopp kit (http://www.weddingclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/leather_excursion_travel_case_image_title_qtwmk.jpg) $60
- Luxire rain mac in Beige Epic with removeable liner (http://luxire.com/products/dark-cream-twill) $550
- Luxire Dugdale peacoat ($500)
- Also had Luxire add a removeable liner to an existing navy MJB rain mac I sent in
- Several Luxire chinos (http://luxire.com/products/stone-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/twill-choco-chino, http://luxire.com/products/british-khaki-twill-chino-9oz) $270
- Several Luxire shirts (http://luxire.com/products/blue-pencil-stripes-with-white, http://luxire.com/products/alumo-white-twill-2-100, http://luxire.com/products/navy-chambray-by-brembana, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford) $320
- A few more Luxire things that are on order (http://luxire.com/products/fed-blue-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool, http://luxire.com/products/light-blue-university-stripes-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford)... and probably some more white dress shirts to come this week
- Some things that wouldn't be of interest to the forum like snowboarding gear, and bar related stuff... ($$$$$$ )
... but I am always in way too much of a rush to take photos in the morning....
(when you list it all like that, the amount spent is a bit embarassing...)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Ambrosi Napoli 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 9 minutes ago
- › Brand New Tod's Leather Boot ( Palisander ) 11 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...