Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3466post #51976 of 633907/15/14 at 4:13amI have meant to do some background on that defence contract. Is it RMW that has the contract and outsourcing manufacture? Was it Rossi complaining the other day? The gov is happy to hand out subsidies to rent seekers in twilight industries in the billions but can't pay 2 Bob extra per boot to give a defence contract to manufacturing that is in SA the Rustbelt. Its also the first I've heard of defence materiel looking for value for money or efficiencies.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51977 of 633907/15/14 at 4:17ampost #51978 of 633907/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51979 of 633907/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51980 of 633907/15/14 at 4:24amQuote:
This. They wear the RMWs when they do formal marches, functions etc.
I always thought Redback did the combat boots in the past.post #51981 of 633907/15/14 at 4:38am
I don't know if Redback are still making the boots, but they certainly made them for much of the past 15 years, since 1999, when the ADF adopted the Redback "Terra Defence Boot" as their standard boot. I don't know where they're made now, but they used to make them in Australia (in Sydney, I believe).
They were pretty good but there were some complaints about sizing issues and also about sole wear, so in 2007 or 2008 the ADF decided to undertake a review of the combat boot and, at the same time, to allow soldiers to wear either the Terra Defence Boot or one of four other boots from a variety of different makers. However, if soldiers wanted to wear anything other than the Terra Defence Boot, they had to fork out their own money for other authorised boot models, which elicited some protests.post #51982 of 633907/15/14 at 4:38ampost #51983 of 633907/15/14 at 4:48ampost #51984 of 633907/15/14 at 4:59ampost #51985 of 633907/15/14 at 5:00ampost #51986 of 633907/15/14 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Oli2012
Noooo, distressed leather is too uncle bad touch, and DB is too decadent.
Oh yeah, could go for one of those. Will wear one when I go for ribs at a clandestine meet.
Nice lid PoP! (Compliments)post #51987 of 633907/15/14 at 5:18pmpost #51988 of 633907/15/14 at 5:18pmQuote:At risk of coming across too pedantic, the contract Rossi tendered for was for non-combat work boots. E.g. safety boots for construction sites etc. Only worth $15m which is a piss in the ocean for the DMO but would have set Rossi up for the next few years.
As an aside, one of the contracts went to "Steel Blue" boots, which as their overly Australian-sounding name and use of a moustachioed Aussie cricketer in their ads suggest, are made completely offshore.post #51989 of 633907/15/14 at 5:21pmpost #51990 of 633907/15/14 at 6:21pmI have bought quite a few things lately, come to think of it:
- Oscar Hunt Navy DB suit in Lindley/Huddersfield cloth ($1200ish)
- Col Littleton tie case (http://www.colonellittleton.com/shop/leather-travel-tie-case-no12/) $70
- Red Envelope dopp kit (http://www.weddingclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/leather_excursion_travel_case_image_title_qtwmk.jpg) $60
- Luxire rain mac in Beige Epic with removeable liner (http://luxire.com/products/dark-cream-twill) $550
- Luxire Dugdale peacoat ($500)
- Also had Luxire add a removeable liner to an existing navy MJB rain mac I sent in
- Several Luxire chinos (http://luxire.com/products/stone-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/twill-choco-chino, http://luxire.com/products/british-khaki-twill-chino-9oz) $270
- Several Luxire shirts (http://luxire.com/products/blue-pencil-stripes-with-white, http://luxire.com/products/alumo-white-twill-2-100, http://luxire.com/products/navy-chambray-by-brembana, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford) $320
- A few more Luxire things that are on order (http://luxire.com/products/fed-blue-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool, http://luxire.com/products/light-blue-university-stripes-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford)... and probably some more white dress shirts to come this week
- Some things that wouldn't be of interest to the forum like snowboarding gear, and bar related stuff... ($$$$$$ )
... but I am always in way too much of a rush to take photos in the morning....
(when you list it all like that, the amount spent is a bit embarassing...)
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › BNIB Campanile "Marron Cordovan" Cap toe 10.5 UK 11.5 US (a... 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...