Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3466post #51976 of 540657/15/14 at 4:13amI have meant to do some background on that defence contract. Is it RMW that has the contract and outsourcing manufacture? Was it Rossi complaining the other day? The gov is happy to hand out subsidies to rent seekers in twilight industries in the billions but can't pay 2 Bob extra per boot to give a defence contract to manufacturing that is in SA the Rustbelt. Its also the first I've heard of defence materiel looking for value for money or efficiencies.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #51977 of 540657/15/14 at 4:17ampost #51978 of 540657/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51979 of 540657/15/14 at 4:18ampost #51980 of 540657/15/14 at 4:24amQuote:
This. They wear the RMWs when they do formal marches, functions etc.
I always thought Redback did the combat boots in the past.post #51981 of 540657/15/14 at 4:38am
I don't know if Redback are still making the boots, but they certainly made them for much of the past 15 years, since 1999, when the ADF adopted the Redback "Terra Defence Boot" as their standard boot. I don't know where they're made now, but they used to make them in Australia (in Sydney, I believe).
They were pretty good but there were some complaints about sizing issues and also about sole wear, so in 2007 or 2008 the ADF decided to undertake a review of the combat boot and, at the same time, to allow soldiers to wear either the Terra Defence Boot or one of four other boots from a variety of different makers. However, if soldiers wanted to wear anything other than the Terra Defence Boot, they had to fork out their own money for other authorised boot models, which elicited some protests.post #51982 of 540657/15/14 at 4:38ampost #51983 of 540657/15/14 at 4:48ampost #51984 of 540657/15/14 at 4:59ampost #51985 of 540657/15/14 at 5:00ampost #51986 of 540657/15/14 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Oli2012
Noooo, distressed leather is too uncle bad touch, and DB is too decadent.
Oh yeah, could go for one of those. Will wear one when I go for ribs at a clandestine meet.
Nice lid PoP! (Compliments)post #51987 of 540657/15/14 at 5:18pmpost #51988 of 540657/15/14 at 5:18pmQuote:At risk of coming across too pedantic, the contract Rossi tendered for was for non-combat work boots. E.g. safety boots for construction sites etc. Only worth $15m which is a piss in the ocean for the DMO but would have set Rossi up for the next few years.
As an aside, one of the contracts went to "Steel Blue" boots, which as their overly Australian-sounding name and use of a moustachioed Aussie cricketer in their ads suggest, are made completely offshore.post #51989 of 540657/15/14 at 5:21pmpost #51990 of 540657/15/14 at 6:21pmI have bought quite a few things lately, come to think of it:
- Oscar Hunt Navy DB suit in Lindley/Huddersfield cloth ($1200ish)
- Col Littleton tie case (http://www.colonellittleton.com/shop/leather-travel-tie-case-no12/) $70
- Red Envelope dopp kit (http://www.weddingclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/leather_excursion_travel_case_image_title_qtwmk.jpg) $60
- Luxire rain mac in Beige Epic with removeable liner (http://luxire.com/products/dark-cream-twill) $550
- Luxire Dugdale peacoat ($500)
- Also had Luxire add a removeable liner to an existing navy MJB rain mac I sent in
- Several Luxire chinos (http://luxire.com/products/stone-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/twill-choco-chino, http://luxire.com/products/british-khaki-twill-chino-9oz) $270
- Several Luxire shirts (http://luxire.com/products/blue-pencil-stripes-with-white, http://luxire.com/products/alumo-white-twill-2-100, http://luxire.com/products/navy-chambray-by-brembana, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford) $320
- A few more Luxire things that are on order (http://luxire.com/products/fed-blue-twill-chino, http://luxire.com/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool, http://luxire.com/products/light-blue-university-stripes-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-oxford, http://luxire.com/products/warzone-plus-white-oxford)... and probably some more white dress shirts to come this week
- Some things that wouldn't be of interest to the forum like snowboarding gear, and bar related stuff... ($$$$$$ )
... but I am always in way too much of a rush to take photos in the morning....
(when you list it all like that, the amount spent is a bit embarassing...)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Is this normal? 1 minute ago
- › FS: Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots - Brown Size 10.5 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)