or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 3455

post #51811 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

This is a good attitude toward watch purchasing. You do still need to pay attention to ensuring you get value for money. Both these companies have enormous advertising budgets and undoubtedly this will be factored into their pricing. Omegas can be found at good discounts, Rolexes less so. However Rolexes tend to hold their value better. (The two go hand in hand - Rolex keep iron control over their retailers and tend to cut off ADs who give too many discounts. This in turn helps to support resale value, along with other little stunts like running "Rolex-only" auctions where key pieces are inflated up to ludicrous prices and then miraculously appear a few months later in the "Rolex museum" or some such.)

 

Whatever. When you're the Dark Star, you can get away with such shenanigans.

 

This Rolex building looks suspiciously like the new NSA complex.

post #51812 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Email from Herringbone, they have released their SS14 collection......It's not even the middle of winter yet!

Oh yeah, I think I got that email back in May.
post #51813 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

This is a good attitude toward watch purchasing. You do still need to pay attention to ensuring you get value for money. Both these companies have enormous advertising budgets and undoubtedly this will be factored into their pricing. Omegas can be found at good discounts, Rolexes less so. However Rolexes tend to hold their value better. (The two go hand in hand - Rolex keep iron control over their retailers and tend to cut off ADs who give too many discounts. This in turn helps to support resale value, along with other little stunts like running "Rolex-only" auctions where key pieces are inflated up to ludicrous prices and then miraculously appear a few months later in the "Rolex museum" or some such.)

Of course, I always try to get the best deals possible. But I buy what I like and get the best deal possible with them (I take my time with any such purchase). I don't really care about any other factor.
post #51814 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post


Why?

 

Maybe he's sexist? It doesn't take much in this day and age to be labelled as sexist/racist/homophobic.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

It's certainly a totally different conversation to the one that you thought I was referring to. Maybe read a bit less, and slower?

 

Now you're just being nasty and rude.

post #51815 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

Maybe he's sexist? It doesn't take much in this day and age to be labelled as sexist/racist/homophobic.


Now you're just being nasty and rude.

Is that a backhand to someone else? If it's to me, it's unwarranted.

I dunno man maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I don't him well enough to judge. Or, maybe it doesn't take much to be labelled as sexist, racist and/or homophobic in this day and age because a lot of people are.
post #51816 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Oh yeah, I think I got that email back in May.

I think that was when Gianni's thirst was at an all time high. I miss him, and his compliments.
post #51817 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Oh yeah, I think I got that email back in May.

I think that was when Gianni's thirst was at an all time high. I miss him, and his compliments.

Well that makes one of you.
post #51818 of 54960
Then again, we are occasionally blessed with paragons of openness and acceptance:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/incest-statements-judge-garry-neilson-referred-to-judicial-commission-20140711-zt40v.html
post #51819 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

 

Most women go for guys who aren't socially inept (that excludes me) and whose values are somewhat comparable to their own. 

 

Then there's the whole Fraudian concept of women dating guys like their fathers, which has been my experience. However, I'll leave it to PoP/FXH/GF to explain that one. 

 



Just remember: frauds always get found out in the end.
post #51820 of 54960
resigned myself to the difficulties of getting a job post masters. Have a steady income any how working real estate (not sales tho). Gf has moved to ny and coincidently iS living with an esteemed menswear dude. It's the summer of george for me. Keen for a Brisbane sf meet up @journeyman
post #51821 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Then again, we are occasionally blessed with paragons of openness and acceptance:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/incest-statements-judge-garry-neilson-referred-to-judicial-commission-20140711-zt40v.html

Surely not our own "nice guy" Garry Ne(i)lson? No, just checked, this guy is not in Goodyear welted shoes....all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I think that was when Gianni's thirst was at an all time high. I miss him, and his compliments.

Compliments....just for you.
post #51822 of 54960
got 5 CT non-iron extra slim fit shirts $215 for 5 got delivered in 4 days! Still a bit baggy compare to MTMs from Romp, and I am definitely not a slim build.

single cuffs for my casual/weekend wear.



post #51823 of 54960
Can't any of youse find the SPOILER button?
post #51824 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

got 5 CT non-iron extra slim fit shirts $215 for 5 got delivered in 4 days! Still a bit baggy compare to MTMs from Romp, and I am definitely not a slim build.
 

Very nice. I own quite a few myself from around 2012-2014. I find I can go down half a size in the CT extra slim fit and it fits closer to the true size TML fully fitted equivalent. 

post #51825 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonzach View Post

Just remember: frauds always get found out in the end.

 

Good pick up, thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

I'm sure the feeling's mutual, although potentially not confined by an age bracket.

 

 

So they don't take men seriously?

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Is that a backhand to someone else? If it's to me, it's unwarranted.

I dunno man maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I don't him well enough to judge. Or, maybe it doesn't take much to be labelled as sexist, racist and/or homophobic in this day and age because a lot of people are.

 

???

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members