Happy now, Prince?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3315post #49711 of 646095/18/14 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49712 of 646095/18/14 at 3:56pmpost #49713 of 646095/18/14 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by azif
I run in old nike 3.0s and they took a while to get used to but seem quite comfortable now. Though maybe i should wear them for a whole day of walking and see how they feel. Last time i travelled in winter with a pair of mmm gat sneakers (flat sole and no support) and some hiking boots but found the sneakers uncomfortable for spending whole days walking around in so thought i'd try something different.
Aesthetic wise i'm mid 20s and going to be in button downs and tailored shorts / chinos most of the time. Most of my time will be spent going round the tourist sites and im part asian so i guess people figure me for a tourist anyway. Just after something comfortable that looks more like sneakers than a pair of runners (like my kayanos urgh..).
I guess if they were a bit dressier it wouldnt hurt, though I'm still not going to have a suit for the couple of times we go to somewhere with a star or two.
Couple of suggestions:
Nike Roshe Run (Click to show)
Nike Inneva Woven (Click to show)
Nike Mayfly Woven (Click to show)
post #49714 of 646095/18/14 at 5:21pmThose woven shoes....
What about a pair of leather walking shoes that are more casual and designed for comfort, with good insoles
Or look for some leather shoes with a nice Poron insole for comfort, Allen edmonds have a few.
Or a pair of semi-casual boots like Alden Indys, RMWs with comfort insole etc.
Or a pair of Red Wing Iron rangers with an insole inside.
Could be tough to sort it out before you leave, though, and would cost a fair bit more!post #49715 of 646095/18/14 at 5:44pm
Has anyone noticed that you can't buy narrow cotton? laces any more from a mall stand- the local shoe cobblers sell a thick braided lace which looks terrible - and call them dress shoe laces.
Went to my local mall yesterday - I needed a new pair of thin brown laces for my shoes - of the sort of quality that came with the shoe when it was new.
It seems I will have to go to an established cobbler in the city.post #49716 of 646095/18/14 at 5:51pmpost #49717 of 646095/18/14 at 6:39pmQuote:
Thanks Pete. I was leaning towards a 400g tweed but got talked out of it as being too hot for Aus. Then started looking at wool/cashmere instead but still haven't been able to make up my mind yet.
On that note. Can anyone tell me if this pattern has a name? I'd like to find some examples of it but hard to when I don't know what it is.post #49718 of 646095/18/14 at 6:42pmpost #49719 of 646095/18/14 at 6:44pmpost #49720 of 646095/18/14 at 6:45pmpost #49721 of 646095/18/14 at 6:47pmpost #49722 of 646095/18/14 at 7:13pmpost #49723 of 646095/18/14 at 7:22pmpost #49724 of 646095/18/14 at 7:31pmQuote:
Unless your going to be running I'd be inclined to go the NBs. Can't really go wrong with some All-Stars either. During summer I'd also think about taking along a pair of thongs and/or espadrilles for when it gets really warm.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015