Happy now, Prince?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3315post #49711 of 609855/18/14 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49712 of 609855/18/14 at 3:56pmpost #49713 of 609855/18/14 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by azif
I run in old nike 3.0s and they took a while to get used to but seem quite comfortable now. Though maybe i should wear them for a whole day of walking and see how they feel. Last time i travelled in winter with a pair of mmm gat sneakers (flat sole and no support) and some hiking boots but found the sneakers uncomfortable for spending whole days walking around in so thought i'd try something different.
Aesthetic wise i'm mid 20s and going to be in button downs and tailored shorts / chinos most of the time. Most of my time will be spent going round the tourist sites and im part asian so i guess people figure me for a tourist anyway. Just after something comfortable that looks more like sneakers than a pair of runners (like my kayanos urgh..).
I guess if they were a bit dressier it wouldnt hurt, though I'm still not going to have a suit for the couple of times we go to somewhere with a star or two.
Couple of suggestions:
Nike Roshe Run (Click to show)
Nike Inneva Woven (Click to show)
Nike Mayfly Woven (Click to show)
post #49714 of 609855/18/14 at 5:21pmThose woven shoes....
What about a pair of leather walking shoes that are more casual and designed for comfort, with good insoles
Or look for some leather shoes with a nice Poron insole for comfort, Allen edmonds have a few.
Or a pair of semi-casual boots like Alden Indys, RMWs with comfort insole etc.
Or a pair of Red Wing Iron rangers with an insole inside.
Could be tough to sort it out before you leave, though, and would cost a fair bit more!post #49715 of 609855/18/14 at 5:44pm
Has anyone noticed that you can't buy narrow cotton? laces any more from a mall stand- the local shoe cobblers sell a thick braided lace which looks terrible - and call them dress shoe laces.
Went to my local mall yesterday - I needed a new pair of thin brown laces for my shoes - of the sort of quality that came with the shoe when it was new.
It seems I will have to go to an established cobbler in the city.post #49716 of 609855/18/14 at 5:51pmpost #49717 of 609855/18/14 at 6:39pmQuote:
Thanks Pete. I was leaning towards a 400g tweed but got talked out of it as being too hot for Aus. Then started looking at wool/cashmere instead but still haven't been able to make up my mind yet.
On that note. Can anyone tell me if this pattern has a name? I'd like to find some examples of it but hard to when I don't know what it is.post #49718 of 609855/18/14 at 6:42pmpost #49719 of 609855/18/14 at 6:44pmpost #49720 of 609855/18/14 at 6:45pmpost #49721 of 609855/18/14 at 6:47pmpost #49722 of 609855/18/14 at 7:13pmpost #49723 of 609855/18/14 at 7:22pmpost #49724 of 609855/18/14 at 7:31pmQuote:
Unless your going to be running I'd be inclined to go the NBs. Can't really go wrong with some All-Stars either. During summer I'd also think about taking along a pair of thongs and/or espadrilles for when it gets really warm.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 52 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 53 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan