Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3201post #48001 of 679464/7/14 at 2:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48002 of 679464/7/14 at 2:42ampost #48003 of 679464/7/14 at 3:48ampost #48004 of 679464/7/14 at 4:12amThe joys of being in the UK. For LonerMatt (and any other Margaret Howell fans) - got this raincoat on eBay NWOT for $60 delivered (to my home in sunny Scotland).
HOWELL DESIGNER MAC COAT Size M / L LIGHT SAND NWOT SMART CLASSY -
Generously cut for that practical, British throw on over everything look and very well made with beautiful material (which Howell prides herself on) I am very happy with it. It will be perfect for Melbourne rainy, but warm (for me at least), days.
Just heading into Edinburgh town now to take a wonder around the city centre and see what is on offer (though will try to keep purchases to a minimum).
Nabil - sorry to miss you, I will be flying back when you are in Melbourne. Hopefully TBM, Foxy etc can keep you amused.post #48005 of 679464/7/14 at 4:27ampost #48006 of 679464/7/14 at 5:35ampost #48007 of 679464/7/14 at 5:55amQuote:Sorry for the late reply. Grabbed mine for $85 from Chadstone; have forgotten if it was on sale though (it's called the 'fatigue jacket', sure they wouldn't mind if you gave them a ring).
Loled hard at handbag comment; sorry foxypost #48008 of 679464/7/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
I do believe he is suggesting you get yourself a walking stick old bean.
I'm fully mobile but I like the idea of whacking plebs out of the way with my sword stick. Of course the police took a slightly dimmer view what what (chortles)!post #48009 of 679464/7/14 at 3:39pmSo in a bit of news for you Canberra guys we'll be partnering up with relatively new Canberra company Braddon Tailors on the upcoming Fashfest Fashion Shows in Canberra on the 30th April. We'll be providing ties for all of their pieces for the show and they will also be starting to have some stock in their CBD Space (appt only) in about 2 weeks. They've kicked around for a few years staying under the radar but are now getting themselves out there a bit more. I'm unsure of the ordering process etc just yet, but I do know they do full canvas suits with multiple fittings (not bespoke however). In the coming weeks I'll take some pics of their stuff next time I'm in there. Article on them -
Cloth range is great, from Ariston, Dugdale, Dormeil to house fabrics.
In other news, for all you blokes interested in the scarves, they are now online plus others that I had stayed quiet about.post #48010 of 679464/7/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
Well spotted that man.post #48011 of 679464/7/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Does yours have a kind of 'faded' look about it - hence being called fatigue jacket?
Does it look like this?
Or is it more faded? Because the fatigue jacket on the GAP website looks incredibly more 'faded' than this one - despite both being advertised as a fatigue jacket.
Same jacket but on the GAP website:
One looks sleek, the other worn.....which to trust?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 4/7/14 at 4:34pmpost #48012 of 679464/7/14 at 4:14pmA hoy hoy chaps
Any thoughts on this tweedy odd jacket from TM Lewin, and me in it?:
On a related note, does anyone have an opinion on wearing chinos with tweed? I had assumed that it was wool+wool and cotton+cotton when it came to odd jacket and trouser combinations, but thought this looked ok.
While I'm uploading photos, here's one of me and the fam at a recent wedding. Jacket is by Herringbone, toddler is by me:post #48013 of 679464/7/14 at 4:23pmpost #48014 of 679464/7/14 at 4:31pmNice family pic Toby.
The tweed coat looks a bit off around the belt/waist and a bit short. I'd pass on it personally. My views on cotton trousers with tweed is that generally, chinos don't look right but heavier cotton like moleskin is good.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 14 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?