Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3201post #48001 of 645494/7/14 at 2:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48002 of 645494/7/14 at 2:42ampost #48003 of 645494/7/14 at 3:48ampost #48004 of 645494/7/14 at 4:12amThe joys of being in the UK. For LonerMatt (and any other Margaret Howell fans) - got this raincoat on eBay NWOT for $60 delivered (to my home in sunny Scotland).
HOWELL DESIGNER MAC COAT Size M / L LIGHT SAND NWOT SMART CLASSY -
Generously cut for that practical, British throw on over everything look and very well made with beautiful material (which Howell prides herself on) I am very happy with it. It will be perfect for Melbourne rainy, but warm (for me at least), days.
Just heading into Edinburgh town now to take a wonder around the city centre and see what is on offer (though will try to keep purchases to a minimum).
Nabil - sorry to miss you, I will be flying back when you are in Melbourne. Hopefully TBM, Foxy etc can keep you amused.post #48005 of 645494/7/14 at 4:27ampost #48006 of 645494/7/14 at 5:35ampost #48007 of 645494/7/14 at 5:55amQuote:Sorry for the late reply. Grabbed mine for $85 from Chadstone; have forgotten if it was on sale though (it's called the 'fatigue jacket', sure they wouldn't mind if you gave them a ring).
Loled hard at handbag comment; sorry foxypost #48008 of 645494/7/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
I do believe he is suggesting you get yourself a walking stick old bean.
I'm fully mobile but I like the idea of whacking plebs out of the way with my sword stick. Of course the police took a slightly dimmer view what what (chortles)!post #48009 of 645494/7/14 at 3:39pmSo in a bit of news for you Canberra guys we'll be partnering up with relatively new Canberra company Braddon Tailors on the upcoming Fashfest Fashion Shows in Canberra on the 30th April. We'll be providing ties for all of their pieces for the show and they will also be starting to have some stock in their CBD Space (appt only) in about 2 weeks. They've kicked around for a few years staying under the radar but are now getting themselves out there a bit more. I'm unsure of the ordering process etc just yet, but I do know they do full canvas suits with multiple fittings (not bespoke however). In the coming weeks I'll take some pics of their stuff next time I'm in there. Article on them -
Cloth range is great, from Ariston, Dugdale, Dormeil to house fabrics.
In other news, for all you blokes interested in the scarves, they are now online plus others that I had stayed quiet about.post #48010 of 645494/7/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
Well spotted that man.post #48011 of 645494/7/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Does yours have a kind of 'faded' look about it - hence being called fatigue jacket?
Does it look like this?
Or is it more faded? Because the fatigue jacket on the GAP website looks incredibly more 'faded' than this one - despite both being advertised as a fatigue jacket.
Same jacket but on the GAP website:
One looks sleek, the other worn.....which to trust?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 4/7/14 at 4:34pmpost #48012 of 645494/7/14 at 4:14pmA hoy hoy chaps
Any thoughts on this tweedy odd jacket from TM Lewin, and me in it?:
On a related note, does anyone have an opinion on wearing chinos with tweed? I had assumed that it was wool+wool and cotton+cotton when it came to odd jacket and trouser combinations, but thought this looked ok.
While I'm uploading photos, here's one of me and the fam at a recent wedding. Jacket is by Herringbone, toddler is by me:post #48013 of 645494/7/14 at 4:23pmpost #48014 of 645494/7/14 at 4:31pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 29 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 49 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › spanish shoe brands 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Filson Original Briefcase - Used in Excellent Condition 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015