Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3201post #48001 of 664604/7/14 at 2:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48002 of 664604/7/14 at 2:42ampost #48003 of 664604/7/14 at 3:48ampost #48004 of 664604/7/14 at 4:12amThe joys of being in the UK. For LonerMatt (and any other Margaret Howell fans) - got this raincoat on eBay NWOT for $60 delivered (to my home in sunny Scotland).
HOWELL DESIGNER MAC COAT Size M / L LIGHT SAND NWOT SMART CLASSY -
Generously cut for that practical, British throw on over everything look and very well made with beautiful material (which Howell prides herself on) I am very happy with it. It will be perfect for Melbourne rainy, but warm (for me at least), days.
Just heading into Edinburgh town now to take a wonder around the city centre and see what is on offer (though will try to keep purchases to a minimum).
Nabil - sorry to miss you, I will be flying back when you are in Melbourne. Hopefully TBM, Foxy etc can keep you amused.post #48005 of 664604/7/14 at 4:27ampost #48006 of 664604/7/14 at 5:35ampost #48007 of 664604/7/14 at 5:55amQuote:Sorry for the late reply. Grabbed mine for $85 from Chadstone; have forgotten if it was on sale though (it's called the 'fatigue jacket', sure they wouldn't mind if you gave them a ring).
Loled hard at handbag comment; sorry foxypost #48008 of 664604/7/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
I do believe he is suggesting you get yourself a walking stick old bean.
I'm fully mobile but I like the idea of whacking plebs out of the way with my sword stick. Of course the police took a slightly dimmer view what what (chortles)!post #48009 of 664604/7/14 at 3:39pmSo in a bit of news for you Canberra guys we'll be partnering up with relatively new Canberra company Braddon Tailors on the upcoming Fashfest Fashion Shows in Canberra on the 30th April. We'll be providing ties for all of their pieces for the show and they will also be starting to have some stock in their CBD Space (appt only) in about 2 weeks. They've kicked around for a few years staying under the radar but are now getting themselves out there a bit more. I'm unsure of the ordering process etc just yet, but I do know they do full canvas suits with multiple fittings (not bespoke however). In the coming weeks I'll take some pics of their stuff next time I'm in there. Article on them -
Cloth range is great, from Ariston, Dugdale, Dormeil to house fabrics.
In other news, for all you blokes interested in the scarves, they are now online plus others that I had stayed quiet about.post #48010 of 664604/7/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
Well spotted that man.post #48011 of 664604/7/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Does yours have a kind of 'faded' look about it - hence being called fatigue jacket?
Does it look like this?
Or is it more faded? Because the fatigue jacket on the GAP website looks incredibly more 'faded' than this one - despite both being advertised as a fatigue jacket.
Same jacket but on the GAP website:
One looks sleek, the other worn.....which to trust?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 4/7/14 at 4:34pmpost #48012 of 664604/7/14 at 4:14pmA hoy hoy chaps
Any thoughts on this tweedy odd jacket from TM Lewin, and me in it?:
On a related note, does anyone have an opinion on wearing chinos with tweed? I had assumed that it was wool+wool and cotton+cotton when it came to odd jacket and trouser combinations, but thought this looked ok.
While I'm uploading photos, here's one of me and the fam at a recent wedding. Jacket is by Herringbone, toddler is by me:post #48013 of 664604/7/14 at 4:23pmpost #48014 of 664604/7/14 at 4:31pm
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 55 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Inspiration needed 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Help - Lost on Levi jeans and why these are cool 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories