Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3201post #48001 of 679464/7/14 at 2:34ampost #48002 of 679464/7/14 at 2:42ampost #48003 of 679464/7/14 at 3:48ampost #48004 of 679464/7/14 at 4:12amThe joys of being in the UK. For LonerMatt (and any other Margaret Howell fans) - got this raincoat on eBay NWOT for $60 delivered (to my home in sunny Scotland).
HOWELL DESIGNER MAC COAT Size M / L LIGHT SAND NWOT SMART CLASSY -
Generously cut for that practical, British throw on over everything look and very well made with beautiful material (which Howell prides herself on) I am very happy with it. It will be perfect for Melbourne rainy, but warm (for me at least), days.
Just heading into Edinburgh town now to take a wonder around the city centre and see what is on offer (though will try to keep purchases to a minimum).
Nabil - sorry to miss you, I will be flying back when you are in Melbourne. Hopefully TBM, Foxy etc can keep you amused.post #48005 of 679464/7/14 at 4:27ampost #48006 of 679464/7/14 at 5:35ampost #48007 of 679464/7/14 at 5:55amQuote:Sorry for the late reply. Grabbed mine for $85 from Chadstone; have forgotten if it was on sale though (it's called the 'fatigue jacket', sure they wouldn't mind if you gave them a ring).
Loled hard at handbag comment; sorry foxypost #48008 of 679464/7/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
I do believe he is suggesting you get yourself a walking stick old bean.
I'm fully mobile but I like the idea of whacking plebs out of the way with my sword stick. Of course the police took a slightly dimmer view what what (chortles)!post #48009 of 679464/7/14 at 3:39pmSo in a bit of news for you Canberra guys we'll be partnering up with relatively new Canberra company Braddon Tailors on the upcoming Fashfest Fashion Shows in Canberra on the 30th April. We'll be providing ties for all of their pieces for the show and they will also be starting to have some stock in their CBD Space (appt only) in about 2 weeks. They've kicked around for a few years staying under the radar but are now getting themselves out there a bit more. I'm unsure of the ordering process etc just yet, but I do know they do full canvas suits with multiple fittings (not bespoke however). In the coming weeks I'll take some pics of their stuff next time I'm in there. Article on them -
Cloth range is great, from Ariston, Dugdale, Dormeil to house fabrics.
In other news, for all you blokes interested in the scarves, they are now online plus others that I had stayed quiet about.post #48010 of 679464/7/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
Well spotted that man.post #48011 of 679464/7/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Does yours have a kind of 'faded' look about it - hence being called fatigue jacket?
Does it look like this?
Or is it more faded? Because the fatigue jacket on the GAP website looks incredibly more 'faded' than this one - despite both being advertised as a fatigue jacket.
Same jacket but on the GAP website:
One looks sleek, the other worn.....which to trust?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 4/7/14 at 4:34pmpost #48012 of 679464/7/14 at 4:14pmA hoy hoy chaps
Any thoughts on this tweedy odd jacket from TM Lewin, and me in it?:
On a related note, does anyone have an opinion on wearing chinos with tweed? I had assumed that it was wool+wool and cotton+cotton when it came to odd jacket and trouser combinations, but thought this looked ok.
While I'm uploading photos, here's one of me and the fam at a recent wedding. Jacket is by Herringbone, toddler is by me:post #48013 of 679464/7/14 at 4:23pmpost #48014 of 679464/7/14 at 4:31pmNice family pic Toby.
The tweed coat looks a bit off around the belt/waist and a bit short. I'd pass on it personally. My views on cotton trousers with tweed is that generally, chinos don't look right but heavier cotton like moleskin is good.post #48015 of 679464/7/14 at 4:38pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 39 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cuts! Fatherhood consolidation sell-off NEW US10D shoes - EG, JL,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway