Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3201post #48001 of 603234/7/14 at 2:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48002 of 603234/7/14 at 2:42ampost #48003 of 603234/7/14 at 3:48ampost #48004 of 603234/7/14 at 4:12amThe joys of being in the UK. For LonerMatt (and any other Margaret Howell fans) - got this raincoat on eBay NWOT for $60 delivered (to my home in sunny Scotland).
HOWELL DESIGNER MAC COAT Size M / L LIGHT SAND NWOT SMART CLASSY -
Generously cut for that practical, British throw on over everything look and very well made with beautiful material (which Howell prides herself on) I am very happy with it. It will be perfect for Melbourne rainy, but warm (for me at least), days.
Just heading into Edinburgh town now to take a wonder around the city centre and see what is on offer (though will try to keep purchases to a minimum).
Nabil - sorry to miss you, I will be flying back when you are in Melbourne. Hopefully TBM, Foxy etc can keep you amused.post #48005 of 603234/7/14 at 4:27ampost #48006 of 603234/7/14 at 5:35ampost #48007 of 603234/7/14 at 5:55amQuote:Sorry for the late reply. Grabbed mine for $85 from Chadstone; have forgotten if it was on sale though (it's called the 'fatigue jacket', sure they wouldn't mind if you gave them a ring).
Loled hard at handbag comment; sorry foxypost #48008 of 603234/7/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
I do believe he is suggesting you get yourself a walking stick old bean.
I'm fully mobile but I like the idea of whacking plebs out of the way with my sword stick. Of course the police took a slightly dimmer view what what (chortles)!post #48009 of 603234/7/14 at 3:39pmSo in a bit of news for you Canberra guys we'll be partnering up with relatively new Canberra company Braddon Tailors on the upcoming Fashfest Fashion Shows in Canberra on the 30th April. We'll be providing ties for all of their pieces for the show and they will also be starting to have some stock in their CBD Space (appt only) in about 2 weeks. They've kicked around for a few years staying under the radar but are now getting themselves out there a bit more. I'm unsure of the ordering process etc just yet, but I do know they do full canvas suits with multiple fittings (not bespoke however). In the coming weeks I'll take some pics of their stuff next time I'm in there. Article on them -
Cloth range is great, from Ariston, Dugdale, Dormeil to house fabrics.
In other news, for all you blokes interested in the scarves, they are now online plus others that I had stayed quiet about.post #48010 of 603234/7/14 at 3:47pmQuote:
Well spotted that man.post #48011 of 603234/7/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
Does yours have a kind of 'faded' look about it - hence being called fatigue jacket?
Does it look like this?
Or is it more faded? Because the fatigue jacket on the GAP website looks incredibly more 'faded' than this one - despite both being advertised as a fatigue jacket.
Same jacket but on the GAP website:
One looks sleek, the other worn.....which to trust?
Edited by JimmyHoffa - 4/7/14 at 4:34pmpost #48012 of 603234/7/14 at 4:14pmA hoy hoy chaps
Any thoughts on this tweedy odd jacket from TM Lewin, and me in it?:
On a related note, does anyone have an opinion on wearing chinos with tweed? I had assumed that it was wool+wool and cotton+cotton when it came to odd jacket and trouser combinations, but thought this looked ok.
While I'm uploading photos, here's one of me and the fam at a recent wedding. Jacket is by Herringbone, toddler is by me:post #48013 of 603234/7/14 at 4:23pmpost #48014 of 603234/7/14 at 4:31pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 24 seconds ago
- › The 10 Best White Shirts for Every Body Type 58 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Tailor for summer wedding attire in London? 3 minutes ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Identify This Brand of Denim - Leonardo Dicaprio 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...