or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 3156

post #47326 of 55993
^ Only if you're with a gorgeous woman wink.gif
post #47327 of 55993
^ Ha ha ha too funny. Nearly spat out my hazelnut latte.
post #47328 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

Belt or side adjuster or braces - just personal preference . I have only 2 pairs with side adjusters. Not a big fan - I prefer a nice leather belt. It just breaks the outfit a bit.
On a another note received and altered my new Mabitex sartorial grey trousers. Just amazing - awesome soft fabric and there are pick stitching every where including all along side seam and also on belt loops. Will post details pics tomorrow.

 

I agree the break is a good idea with casual outfits. I recommend no belts on suits / formalwear because of the exact opposite reason: clean lines and no break.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Re the great trouser holder upper preferences, so far its belts, side adjusters /tabs, or Daks with buttons, or a combo daks with elastic. I have seen ones a sort of modified daks with elastic and a metal fold over clamp, like ones on watch bands. Never worn those though. I've been thinking of a self belt, of same material as suit/trousers. Anybody here done that?

 

I've heard about this being done - but not with a buckle. More a D-ring.

post #47329 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

^ Ha ha ha too funny. Nearly spat out my hazelnut latte.

 

:fu:

post #47330 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post
 

 

My mantra is, 'once you go side adjusters you don't go back'.

 

Saves you money, saves you time, you can wear any shoe colour (that matches your pants/suit). Personally, I'm a fan. :p

 

If you don't mind me asking where did you get those pants made the fabric is very nice!

post #47331 of 55993
$5 says Luxire...
post #47332 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

I agree the break is a good idea with casual outfits. I recommend no belts on suits / formalwear because of the exact opposite reason: clean lines and no break.
I've heard about this being done - but not with a buckle. More a D-ring.

I agree with the break in lines on smart casual etc and no break clean lines on suits. But its do as I say, not do as I do, here - I don't have any beltless suits anymore. I feel very insecure without a belt and I can't stand beltless trousers with the loops showing. Braces give me too many nightmares of images of older hippies in braces and jeans and flannelet shirts, fun jokey socks, and bushy beards and long grey ponytails at Port Fairy Folk Festival or any Farmers Market

The D ring looks a bit casual for a suit - the fabric covered buckle on self material belts is very common on womens stuff. I'll checkout a few outfits tomorrow and ask my female sewer (thats sew-er not sewer) experts about it too. With a bit of luck they might offer make me one and/or ask me to take my trousers off.
post #47333 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Braces give me too many nightmares of images of older hippies in braces and jeans and flannelet shirts, fun jokey socks, and bushy beards and long grey ponytails at Port Fairy Folk Festival or any Farmers Market.

Whatever you are paying your therapist, it's not enough.
post #47334 of 55993
The "break in the line of your outfit" consideration is overrated IMO. You naturally have a line there anyway where your shirt meets your trousers, unless your shirt is the same fabric as your suit (i.e. you come from 'the future'). A belt can also help to tie an outfit together by complementing your shoes, regardless of whether you are wearing a suit or smart cas.

The real benefit of side adjusters over a belt IMO is just plain convenience. One pull to tighten, one to loosen to take your pants off for those gorgeous men/women.
post #47335 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


The real benefit of side adjusters over a belt IMO is just plain convenience. One pull to tighten, one to loosen to take your pants off for those gorgeous men/women.

WRONG!
Clearly you aren't thinking belt - one buckle to loosen - tighten. Side adjusters two (2) to tighten - loosen. Scientific studies have shown that the belt would have saved you about 6 months of precious time over the last 5 years if you had the quicker belt option instead of the slow clumsy side tabs. ( thats assuming you work 5 days a week - if its a rostered day off - does anyone still have those? - every fortnight then its closer to 5 months)
post #47336 of 55993
PoP and - yeah - anyway - a true SF dressed gent never undoes his jacket button anyway - so the belt or clean lines becomes irrelevant because you cant see where the trouser ends - or is it starts - and the shirt starts or ends.
post #47337 of 55993

Yo,

 

The new Henry Bucks are having a launch event on the 1st of May in Melbourne.

 

If I have not emailed you and you would like to attend please drop me a line with your postal address.

 

christiankimber@henrybucks.com.au

 

Best,

Christian

post #47338 of 55993
Sounds good CK. Hope it's all traveling well.
post #47339 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

The "break in the line of your outfit" consideration is overrated IMO. You naturally have a line there anyway where your shirt meets your trousers, unless your shirt is the same fabric as your suit (i.e. you come from 'the future'). A belt can also help to tie an outfit together by complementing your shoes, regardless of whether you are wearing a suit or smart cas.

I agree with you about the tie. I think I'll try this. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Sent from my landline phone
post #47340 of 55993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

The "break in the line of your outfit" consideration is overrated IMO. You naturally have a line there anyway where your shirt meets your trousers, unless your shirt is the same fabric as your suit (i.e. you come from 'the future'). A belt can also help to tie an outfit together by complementing your shoes, regardless of whether you are wearing a suit or smart cas.

The real benefit of side adjusters over a belt IMO is just plain convenience. One pull to tighten, one to loosen to take your pants off for those gorgeous men/women.

I'm with you on this PoP. I've never bought the 'break in the line' argument. When the jacket is closed the belt is invisible. If it's open then as you say there is already a very obvious break at the shirt/trousers boundary. A belt may serve to emphasise that if the colour stands out a lot from the trousers, but that's all. I prefer side adjusters, but if I don't wear a belt it's not to avoid breaking any line of the suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members