Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3155post #47311 of 537943/23/14 at 3:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47312 of 537943/23/14 at 4:05am
My mantra is, 'once you go side adjusters you don't go back'.
Saves you money, saves you time, you can wear any shoe colour (that matches your pants/suit). Personally, I'm a fan. :ppost #47313 of 537943/23/14 at 4:12amQuote:
"Why do you need a belt? Don't your pants fit?"
I get all my pants made with Daks(button) Adjusters. I much prefer it to the side tab. All my pants have it now, and when I get shorts made up for summer, they'll have it too. Denim is the only thing that should have belt loops.post #47314 of 537943/23/14 at 4:36amBelt or side adjuster or braces - just personal preference . I have only 2 pairs with side adjusters. Not a big fan - I prefer a nice leather belt. It just breaks the outfit a bit.
On a another note received and altered my new Mabitex sartorial grey trousers. Just amazing - awesome soft fabric and there are pick stitching every where including all along side seam and also on belt loops. Will post details pics tomorrow.post #47315 of 537943/23/14 at 4:39amQuote:
Is this a black and white Borrelli suit? Also, what did you do with all your Isaia suits and Brioni shirts?post #47316 of 537943/23/14 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
"Why do you need a belt? Don't your pants fit?"
I get all my pants made with Daks(button) Adjusters. I much prefer it to the side tab. All my pants have it now, and when I get shorts made up for summer, they'll have it too. Denim is the only thing that should have belt loops.
Chinos too. That way you can wear them with a tshirt/people mistake them for moleskins.post #47317 of 537943/23/14 at 5:48amRe the great trouser holder upper preferences, so far its belts, side adjusters /tabs, or Daks with buttons, or a combo daks with elastic. I have seen ones a sort of modified daks with elastic and a metal fold over clamp, like ones on watch bands. Never worn those though. I've been thinking of a self belt, of same material as suit/trousers. Anybody here done that?post #47318 of 537943/23/14 at 5:57ampost #47319 of 537943/23/14 at 5:58am
Any suggestions on where to get OTR mid-rise grey flannel trousers? Or are those better MTM from say Luxire or SuitShop?
Quote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I have a bottle of that stuff - not sure of it's the same cask that one the award, but it's a bloody good drop. Patrick the owner/distiller is a lovely guy too really happy for him. Hopefully it gives the industry down there another boost, though a big part of their strength is the craft nature of the operations, in contrast to Scotland, and that's what makes every cask unique.
Hopefully the price doesn't go up by too much for the next batch, would be nice to give that a try. Otherwise might be cheaper to take the Spirit of Tasmania and do a cellar door run.post #47320 of 537943/23/14 at 6:03amQuote:
If it goes along the front or back, I imagine there would be quite a bit of bunching up of material? In my head, I'm thinking of the half belts on the back of some coats.post #47321 of 537943/23/14 at 6:32ampost #47322 of 537943/23/14 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Re the great trouser holder upper preferences, so far its belts, side adjusters /tabs, or Daks with buttons, or a combo daks with elastic. I have seen ones a sort of modified daks with elastic and a metal fold over clamp, like ones on watch bands. Never worn those though. I've been thinking of a self belt, of same material as suit/trousers. Anybody here done that?
I saw it at Caid and it looked really good. If I recall, the buckle was to the side rather than in the centre and it looked very unobtrusive.post #47323 of 537943/23/14 at 2:14pmQuote:Dan Murphy's stocks it. Actually it's cheaper there than at the factory!post #47324 of 537943/23/14 at 2:57pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Crockett&Jones for Black Fleece beige longwing derby, size 9½D 6 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 11 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 36 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)