Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 6:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3155post #47311 of 639643/23/14 at 3:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47312 of 639643/23/14 at 4:05am
My mantra is, 'once you go side adjusters you don't go back'.
Saves you money, saves you time, you can wear any shoe colour (that matches your pants/suit). Personally, I'm a fan. :ppost #47313 of 639643/23/14 at 4:12amQuote:
"Why do you need a belt? Don't your pants fit?"
I get all my pants made with Daks(button) Adjusters. I much prefer it to the side tab. All my pants have it now, and when I get shorts made up for summer, they'll have it too. Denim is the only thing that should have belt loops.post #47314 of 639643/23/14 at 4:36amBelt or side adjuster or braces - just personal preference . I have only 2 pairs with side adjusters. Not a big fan - I prefer a nice leather belt. It just breaks the outfit a bit.
On a another note received and altered my new Mabitex sartorial grey trousers. Just amazing - awesome soft fabric and there are pick stitching every where including all along side seam and also on belt loops. Will post details pics tomorrow.post #47315 of 639643/23/14 at 4:39amQuote:
Is this a black and white Borrelli suit? Also, what did you do with all your Isaia suits and Brioni shirts?post #47316 of 639643/23/14 at 4:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
"Why do you need a belt? Don't your pants fit?"
I get all my pants made with Daks(button) Adjusters. I much prefer it to the side tab. All my pants have it now, and when I get shorts made up for summer, they'll have it too. Denim is the only thing that should have belt loops.
Chinos too. That way you can wear them with a tshirt/people mistake them for moleskins.post #47317 of 639643/23/14 at 5:48amRe the great trouser holder upper preferences, so far its belts, side adjusters /tabs, or Daks with buttons, or a combo daks with elastic. I have seen ones a sort of modified daks with elastic and a metal fold over clamp, like ones on watch bands. Never worn those though. I've been thinking of a self belt, of same material as suit/trousers. Anybody here done that?post #47318 of 639643/23/14 at 5:57ampost #47319 of 639643/23/14 at 5:58am
Any suggestions on where to get OTR mid-rise grey flannel trousers? Or are those better MTM from say Luxire or SuitShop?
Quote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I have a bottle of that stuff - not sure of it's the same cask that one the award, but it's a bloody good drop. Patrick the owner/distiller is a lovely guy too really happy for him. Hopefully it gives the industry down there another boost, though a big part of their strength is the craft nature of the operations, in contrast to Scotland, and that's what makes every cask unique.
Hopefully the price doesn't go up by too much for the next batch, would be nice to give that a try. Otherwise might be cheaper to take the Spirit of Tasmania and do a cellar door run.post #47320 of 639643/23/14 at 6:03amQuote:
If it goes along the front or back, I imagine there would be quite a bit of bunching up of material? In my head, I'm thinking of the half belts on the back of some coats.post #47321 of 639643/23/14 at 6:32ampost #47322 of 639643/23/14 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
Re the great trouser holder upper preferences, so far its belts, side adjusters /tabs, or Daks with buttons, or a combo daks with elastic. I have seen ones a sort of modified daks with elastic and a metal fold over clamp, like ones on watch bands. Never worn those though. I've been thinking of a self belt, of same material as suit/trousers. Anybody here done that?
I saw it at Caid and it looked really good. If I recall, the buckle was to the side rather than in the centre and it looked very unobtrusive.post #47323 of 639643/23/14 at 2:14pmQuote:Dan Murphy's stocks it. Actually it's cheaper there than at the factory!post #47324 of 639643/23/14 at 2:57pm
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › 3x Super High End Trouser Fabrics - RARE Edwin Woodhouse Tan Cav... 2 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Group MTO for insignificant but hard to find items 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...