Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 3008post #45106 of 679462/5/14 at 3:13ampost #45107 of 679462/5/14 at 3:26amQuote:
a wise man once told me, a penny saved is a penny made. paying for that coat must mean you've just made $10,000. what a bargain.post #45108 of 679462/5/14 at 3:30ampost #45109 of 679462/5/14 at 3:36ampost #45110 of 679462/5/14 at 3:37ampost #45111 of 679462/5/14 at 3:44am
theres still autumn, spring and summer!Quote:
dont think i could pull off a more formal dbpost #45112 of 679462/5/14 at 4:07ampost #45113 of 679462/5/14 at 4:11am
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.post #45114 of 679462/5/14 at 4:23ampost #45115 of 679462/5/14 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.
Yeah I spoke to Charles this arvo and he was really helpful. He seemed a little confused at first about the concept of sending him a shirt to copy, but once I explained the situation he said there should be no problem. There was still a little reticence about not being present to pick a fabric. But really the best I can say is white Thomas Mason broadcloth. I'm sure there are probably 20 variants of that description anyhow but I'm far too inexperienced to make up my mind anyway. (though if anyone wants to chime in on what goes with a raf blue peak lapel suit and black/white PoW plaid tie feel free to do so...)post #45116 of 679462/5/14 at 6:10ampost #45117 of 679462/5/14 at 6:18amAQuote:Any chance they're likely to have a bunch of white pocket squares someone might like to proxy for me? Barring that; suggestions for the best place online to find cheap white squares?Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45118 of 679462/5/14 at 2:58pm
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.post #45119 of 679462/5/14 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.
I missed it for better or worse, these debates are often incredibly infuriating. I recall an excellent Q&A with Hitchens and a panel full of religious folk, it degraded into name calling as they weren't able to construct any real argument beside the bible says XYZ and we don't need to prove it. Same thing happened with Dawkins & George Pell who seemed to struggle to string a sentence together let alone participate in the debate.post #45120 of 679462/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:
Henry Carter has some plain white linen pocket squares.
Kent Wang, another SF affiliate, has a variety of linen pocket squares, including a white linen one. Be aware that shipping from the US typically takes two weeks unless the item is posted express.
Otherwise, you could head into DJs and pick up a fine white linen pocket handkerchief, as they usually have some. I know several people who use them as pocket squares.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount Super 100s Winter Flannel (Size 28) 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Split Toes - Vitello Bolet - 363MOD Last 10UK 7 minutes ago
- › What jackets/tops to wear with cargo pants 9 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 9 minutes ago
- › Outfit for textured trousers 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...