Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3008post #45106 of 610712/5/14 at 3:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45107 of 610712/5/14 at 3:26amQuote:
a wise man once told me, a penny saved is a penny made. paying for that coat must mean you've just made $10,000. what a bargain.post #45108 of 610712/5/14 at 3:30ampost #45109 of 610712/5/14 at 3:36ampost #45110 of 610712/5/14 at 3:37ampost #45111 of 610712/5/14 at 3:44am
theres still autumn, spring and summer!Quote:
dont think i could pull off a more formal dbpost #45112 of 610712/5/14 at 4:07ampost #45113 of 610712/5/14 at 4:11am
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.post #45114 of 610712/5/14 at 4:23ampost #45115 of 610712/5/14 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.
Yeah I spoke to Charles this arvo and he was really helpful. He seemed a little confused at first about the concept of sending him a shirt to copy, but once I explained the situation he said there should be no problem. There was still a little reticence about not being present to pick a fabric. But really the best I can say is white Thomas Mason broadcloth. I'm sure there are probably 20 variants of that description anyhow but I'm far too inexperienced to make up my mind anyway. (though if anyone wants to chime in on what goes with a raf blue peak lapel suit and black/white PoW plaid tie feel free to do so...)post #45116 of 610712/5/14 at 6:10ampost #45117 of 610712/5/14 at 6:18amAQuote:Any chance they're likely to have a bunch of white pocket squares someone might like to proxy for me? Barring that; suggestions for the best place online to find cheap white squares?Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45118 of 610712/5/14 at 2:58pm
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.post #45119 of 610712/5/14 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.
I missed it for better or worse, these debates are often incredibly infuriating. I recall an excellent Q&A with Hitchens and a panel full of religious folk, it degraded into name calling as they weren't able to construct any real argument beside the bible says XYZ and we don't need to prove it. Same thing happened with Dawkins & George Pell who seemed to struggle to string a sentence together let alone participate in the debate.post #45120 of 610712/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:
Henry Carter has some plain white linen pocket squares.
Kent Wang, another SF affiliate, has a variety of linen pocket squares, including a white linen one. Be aware that shipping from the US typically takes two weeks unless the item is posted express.
Otherwise, you could head into DJs and pick up a fine white linen pocket handkerchief, as they usually have some. I know several people who use them as pocket squares.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 40 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 46 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan