Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3008post #45106 of 621162/5/14 at 3:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45107 of 621162/5/14 at 3:26amQuote:
a wise man once told me, a penny saved is a penny made. paying for that coat must mean you've just made $10,000. what a bargain.post #45108 of 621162/5/14 at 3:30ampost #45109 of 621162/5/14 at 3:36ampost #45110 of 621162/5/14 at 3:37ampost #45111 of 621162/5/14 at 3:44am
theres still autumn, spring and summer!Quote:
dont think i could pull off a more formal dbpost #45112 of 621162/5/14 at 4:07ampost #45113 of 621162/5/14 at 4:11am
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.post #45114 of 621162/5/14 at 4:23ampost #45115 of 621162/5/14 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by FredAstaire1899
How did you go with Charles? His shirt turn around is usually under 3 weeks, and I've seen him make large orders for gentlemen leaving the country in under 2 weeks. He has lots of samples and cloths on the roll which can help give you a better impression of the final result if unsure. Good luck.
Yeah I spoke to Charles this arvo and he was really helpful. He seemed a little confused at first about the concept of sending him a shirt to copy, but once I explained the situation he said there should be no problem. There was still a little reticence about not being present to pick a fabric. But really the best I can say is white Thomas Mason broadcloth. I'm sure there are probably 20 variants of that description anyhow but I'm far too inexperienced to make up my mind anyway. (though if anyone wants to chime in on what goes with a raf blue peak lapel suit and black/white PoW plaid tie feel free to do so...)post #45116 of 621162/5/14 at 6:10ampost #45117 of 621162/5/14 at 6:18amAQuote:Any chance they're likely to have a bunch of white pocket squares someone might like to proxy for me? Barring that; suggestions for the best place online to find cheap white squares?Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45118 of 621162/5/14 at 2:58pm
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.post #45119 of 621162/5/14 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
I wouldn't be able to sit through it, would just make me mad.
I understand the point Nye is trying to make, but I really don't see there's much to be gained by 'debating' someone who's answer to everything (literally, everything) is 'what the bible said'. In Ham's world anything and everything that disagrees with his literal interpretation of the bible is just flat out wrong. Evidence etc be damned. My head would explode within minutes.
I missed it for better or worse, these debates are often incredibly infuriating. I recall an excellent Q&A with Hitchens and a panel full of religious folk, it degraded into name calling as they weren't able to construct any real argument beside the bible says XYZ and we don't need to prove it. Same thing happened with Dawkins & George Pell who seemed to struggle to string a sentence together let alone participate in the debate.post #45120 of 621162/5/14 at 3:50pmQuote:
Henry Carter has some plain white linen pocket squares.
Kent Wang, another SF affiliate, has a variety of linen pocket squares, including a white linen one. Be aware that shipping from the US typically takes two weeks unless the item is posted express.
Otherwise, you could head into DJs and pick up a fine white linen pocket handkerchief, as they usually have some. I know several people who use them as pocket squares.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish 5 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 13 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 15 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Tips On Beauty And Makeup During The Period Of Summer 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 29 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan