Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3005post #45061 of 679462/4/14 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45062 of 679462/4/14 at 2:38pmManaged to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45063 of 679462/4/14 at 2:42pmpost #45064 of 679462/4/14 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
JM has beat me to it - but American Giant is the real deal. The shipping cost to Australia makes it slightly less value for money, which is why I'm probably going to end up getting one from Nike's Tech Pack.post #45065 of 679462/4/14 at 3:26pmpost #45066 of 679462/4/14 at 3:27pmpost #45067 of 679462/4/14 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
try this http://oliverspencer.co.uk/mens-designer-clothing
I didn't really see anything on there that was similar?
Concerning American Giant, I've read numerous times that sizing sucks, and I'm really not a fan of the huge ribbing.post #45068 of 679462/4/14 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!
Was going to check that out tomorrow perhaps, with the same expectation of knit ties and pocket squares. The only R&B stuff I own! They'll likely all be gone by then though, with the SF vultures descending upon itpost #45069 of 679462/4/14 at 3:54pmpost #45070 of 679462/4/14 at 3:57pmQuote:Quote:
It's even a bit dicey for work wear. If you have a job where suits are the norm, IMO there's nothing inherently wrong with contrast cuffs/collar, provided you have the personality to pull them off. It's a 'hard' look but as long as you bear that in mind... and they should be worn with suits only IMO, not slacks and odd jacket.
As for wearing them 'out on the town'....post #45071 of 679462/4/14 at 4:14pmpost #45072 of 679462/4/14 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Where are all the big timers at?
I can just imagine trying to convince my wife of the wisdom of that purchase:
Wife: "You paid $25 000 for a jacket?!?!?!"
Me: "But, honey, I *saved* $35 000 as it originally cost $60 000."post #45073 of 679462/4/14 at 4:24pmpost #45074 of 679462/4/14 at 4:30pmpost #45075 of 679462/4/14 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
According to the email I got, the sale starts tomorrow. Are you referring to some sort of pre-sale?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh no - bad timing on their part, as Coxsackie is overseas!
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling 10.5E TG73 Wigmore Boots with Espresso Calf &... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 7 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 7 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...