Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3005post #45061 of 679462/4/14 at 12:50pmpost #45062 of 679462/4/14 at 2:38pmManaged to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45063 of 679462/4/14 at 2:42pmpost #45064 of 679462/4/14 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
JM has beat me to it - but American Giant is the real deal. The shipping cost to Australia makes it slightly less value for money, which is why I'm probably going to end up getting one from Nike's Tech Pack.post #45065 of 679462/4/14 at 3:26pmpost #45066 of 679462/4/14 at 3:27pmpost #45067 of 679462/4/14 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
try this http://oliverspencer.co.uk/mens-designer-clothing
I didn't really see anything on there that was similar?
Concerning American Giant, I've read numerous times that sizing sucks, and I'm really not a fan of the huge ribbing.post #45068 of 679462/4/14 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!
Was going to check that out tomorrow perhaps, with the same expectation of knit ties and pocket squares. The only R&B stuff I own! They'll likely all be gone by then though, with the SF vultures descending upon itpost #45069 of 679462/4/14 at 3:54pmpost #45070 of 679462/4/14 at 3:57pmQuote:Quote:
It's even a bit dicey for work wear. If you have a job where suits are the norm, IMO there's nothing inherently wrong with contrast cuffs/collar, provided you have the personality to pull them off. It's a 'hard' look but as long as you bear that in mind... and they should be worn with suits only IMO, not slacks and odd jacket.
As for wearing them 'out on the town'....post #45071 of 679462/4/14 at 4:14pmpost #45072 of 679462/4/14 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Where are all the big timers at?
I can just imagine trying to convince my wife of the wisdom of that purchase:
Wife: "You paid $25 000 for a jacket?!?!?!"
Me: "But, honey, I *saved* $35 000 as it originally cost $60 000."post #45073 of 679462/4/14 at 4:24pmpost #45074 of 679462/4/14 at 4:30pmpost #45075 of 679462/4/14 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
According to the email I got, the sale starts tomorrow. Are you referring to some sort of pre-sale?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh no - bad timing on their part, as Coxsackie is overseas!
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Brexit 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 10 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding