Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3005post #45061 of 550152/4/14 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45062 of 550152/4/14 at 2:38pmManaged to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45063 of 550152/4/14 at 2:42pmpost #45064 of 550152/4/14 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
JM has beat me to it - but American Giant is the real deal. The shipping cost to Australia makes it slightly less value for money, which is why I'm probably going to end up getting one from Nike's Tech Pack.post #45065 of 550152/4/14 at 3:26pmpost #45066 of 550152/4/14 at 3:27pmpost #45067 of 550152/4/14 at 3:35pmpost #45068 of 550152/4/14 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!
Was going to check that out tomorrow perhaps, with the same expectation of knit ties and pocket squares. The only R&B stuff I own! They'll likely all be gone by then though, with the SF vultures descending upon itpost #45069 of 550152/4/14 at 3:54pmpost #45070 of 550152/4/14 at 3:57pmQuote:Quote:
It's even a bit dicey for work wear. If you have a job where suits are the norm, IMO there's nothing inherently wrong with contrast cuffs/collar, provided you have the personality to pull them off. It's a 'hard' look but as long as you bear that in mind... and they should be worn with suits only IMO, not slacks and odd jacket.
As for wearing them 'out on the town'....post #45071 of 550152/4/14 at 4:14pmpost #45072 of 550152/4/14 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Where are all the big timers at?
I can just imagine trying to convince my wife of the wisdom of that purchase:
Wife: "You paid $25 000 for a jacket?!?!?!"
Me: "But, honey, I *saved* $35 000 as it originally cost $60 000."post #45073 of 550152/4/14 at 4:24pmpost #45074 of 550152/4/14 at 4:30pmpost #45075 of 550152/4/14 at 4:32pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1875 Active Users (450 Members and 1425 Guests)
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mr.K's Flowers Lapel Beads 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...