Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3005post #45061 of 634132/4/14 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45062 of 634132/4/14 at 2:38pmManaged to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!post #45063 of 634132/4/14 at 2:42pmpost #45064 of 634132/4/14 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
JM has beat me to it - but American Giant is the real deal. The shipping cost to Australia makes it slightly less value for money, which is why I'm probably going to end up getting one from Nike's Tech Pack.post #45065 of 634132/4/14 at 3:26pmpost #45066 of 634132/4/14 at 3:27pmpost #45067 of 634132/4/14 at 3:35pmpost #45068 of 634132/4/14 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Managed to duck into the R&B half year warehouse sale, or as I like to think of it, the half year pocket square clearance. Standard clearance pricing. As usual, not all that much of interest for those of us with discerning SF tastes other than the occasional pocket square ($9) and knit tie ($35). Didn’t even bother looking at the suits, shirts and knits. Managed to pick up pick up the only knit tie that I came across, along with two new pocket squares and a silk scarf for the significant other.
I think that from over the last few years of R&B sales, my pocket square collection is now 90 percent R&B!
Was going to check that out tomorrow perhaps, with the same expectation of knit ties and pocket squares. The only R&B stuff I own! They'll likely all be gone by then though, with the SF vultures descending upon itpost #45069 of 634132/4/14 at 3:54pmpost #45070 of 634132/4/14 at 3:57pmQuote:Quote:
It's even a bit dicey for work wear. If you have a job where suits are the norm, IMO there's nothing inherently wrong with contrast cuffs/collar, provided you have the personality to pull them off. It's a 'hard' look but as long as you bear that in mind... and they should be worn with suits only IMO, not slacks and odd jacket.
As for wearing them 'out on the town'....post #45071 of 634132/4/14 at 4:14pmpost #45072 of 634132/4/14 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by nabilmust
Where are all the big timers at?
I can just imagine trying to convince my wife of the wisdom of that purchase:
Wife: "You paid $25 000 for a jacket?!?!?!"
Me: "But, honey, I *saved* $35 000 as it originally cost $60 000."post #45073 of 634132/4/14 at 4:24pmpost #45074 of 634132/4/14 at 4:30pmpost #45075 of 634132/4/14 at 4:32pm
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1537 Active Users (335 Members and 1202 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent Ramsey double monk size 10.5 UK 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...