Hanging for Luxire to email me back, got my measurements, going to order a Mac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 3003post #45031 of 679462/3/14 at 2:04ampost #45032 of 679462/3/14 at 2:04amQuote:
That's it exactly - from mid grey to pink windowpane without a chalkstripe in between.
(PoP - pinstripe suit acquired).
Edited by Oli2012 - 2/3/14 at 4:28ampost #45033 of 679462/3/14 at 4:10ampost #45034 of 679462/3/14 at 4:12ampost #45035 of 679462/3/14 at 4:18ampost #45036 of 679462/3/14 at 4:48amQuote:
Top 3 Dog Songs
1. I wanna be your dog - stooges
2. Dogs are the best people - the Fauves
3. Hound Dog - elvis
RIP PSH - just watched him recently in Talented Mr Ripley...post #45037 of 679462/3/14 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
In Canada, at that Whistler skiing thingy on honeymoon.
What is the forum zeitgeist on John Varvatos? Tried on a really nice unstructured JV jacket designed with a slightly unusual, vaguely shooting/hunting theme, but not really. Fabric is grey pinstripe, wool/polyester 50/50. Fits me well. Construction quality looks mid-range. Price around A$600 which appears to be the average RRP for this brand. However I don't think I've ever seen this brand in Oz.
I'm somewhat tempted.
Quote:Originally Posted by ImTheGroom
I live in Vancouver, and haven't heard of it. That doesn't mean a lot though as I don't buy a lot of suits. Everything in Whistler is inflated, as you might imagine, though you might not find the same thing in Vancouver, even if you have time to go looking. If you have any Q's about six to see our do, restaurants etc in Vancouver, or local craft beer (on which I'm well educated) feel free to PM. Enjoy your honeymoon and congrats on the wedding!
Thanks ITG. Unfortunately we won't be spending any time in Vancouver.
John Varvatos is a USA designer. His brand sells mid-priced men's clothing and apparel, manufactured in China and other Asian countries. I've never seen the brand in Australian stores, but it pops up in online resellers like Farfetch.
The jacket I have my eye on is quite a nice design, but at $600 I'll probably give it a skip this time. Very nice Italian jackets can be had for just a tiny bit more money.post #45038 of 679462/3/14 at 10:19amQuote:
That would probably be my decision in the same situation. A local custom jacket, for me, could also be only a bit more. Enjoy Whistler. Don't forget to have a beaver tail,or to go to the brewhouse, both in the village.post #45039 of 679462/3/14 at 12:51pmQuote:
Good idea. An odd jacket in a grey pinstripe fabric that's half polyester doesn't sound like such a great deal, anyway!post #45040 of 679462/3/14 at 1:47pmJohn Varvatos is like a US version of Arthur Galan. Or should I say AG is an Australian version of JV. Fashion stuff, generally made to last a season or two, with the very, very occasional classic piece. A poly mix pinstripe odd jacket doesn't sound like one of them.
Not that there isn't a market for his stuff but it's not going to appeal to the average SF persona.post #45041 of 679462/3/14 at 1:48pmpost #45042 of 679462/3/14 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
John Varvatos is like a US version of Arthur Galan. Or should I say AG is an Australian version of JV. Fashion stuff, generally made to last a season or two, with the very, very occasional classic piece. A poly mix pinstripe odd jacket doesn't sound like one of them.
Not that there isn't a market for his stuff but it's not going to appeal to the average SF persona.
If you google images of John, you'll see why you might not want to be dressed by him.
The Varvatos-Gallan parallel is strikingly accurate. Just a quick peruse of George Calombaris' wardrobe on the previous 2 seasons of Master Chef (where George was outfitted by Gallan) shows the similarities:post #45043 of 679462/3/14 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
@Foxhound What happened with the bubbly tie? Did you get it fixed?
Oh shit, was meaning to post, sorry been pretty out of it with the Pain Killers. My mum is fantastic, she opened up the tie very carefully, what had happened. The lining had folded over it self at that section, doubling up. I should have taken a photo. Mum undid the whole tie and fixed it up. It's good as new. It should be noted my mum has no training in tailoring or anything like that.
On another note, I just ordered another TOJ. Buy my stuff on eBay so I can eat please.post #45044 of 679462/3/14 at 7:25pmpost #45045 of 679462/3/14 at 8:29pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Consolidation - fatherhood used dress shoe clearout - JL, Maftei,... 29 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 41 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 41 minutes ago
- › CROCKETT AND JONES CHADWICK EXPRESSO CALF SUEDE UK11/US12 48 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 hour ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...