Hanging for Luxire to email me back, got my measurements, going to order a Mac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 3003post #45031 of 613442/3/14 at 2:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45032 of 613442/3/14 at 2:04amQuote:
That's it exactly - from mid grey to pink windowpane without a chalkstripe in between.
(PoP - pinstripe suit acquired).
Edited by Oli2012 - 2/3/14 at 4:28ampost #45033 of 613442/3/14 at 4:10ampost #45034 of 613442/3/14 at 4:12ampost #45035 of 613442/3/14 at 4:18ampost #45036 of 613442/3/14 at 4:48amQuote:
Top 3 Dog Songs
1. I wanna be your dog - stooges
2. Dogs are the best people - the Fauves
3. Hound Dog - elvis
RIP PSH - just watched him recently in Talented Mr Ripley...post #45037 of 613442/3/14 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
In Canada, at that Whistler skiing thingy on honeymoon.
What is the forum zeitgeist on John Varvatos? Tried on a really nice unstructured JV jacket designed with a slightly unusual, vaguely shooting/hunting theme, but not really. Fabric is grey pinstripe, wool/polyester 50/50. Fits me well. Construction quality looks mid-range. Price around A$600 which appears to be the average RRP for this brand. However I don't think I've ever seen this brand in Oz.
I'm somewhat tempted.
Quote:Originally Posted by ImTheGroom
I live in Vancouver, and haven't heard of it. That doesn't mean a lot though as I don't buy a lot of suits. Everything in Whistler is inflated, as you might imagine, though you might not find the same thing in Vancouver, even if you have time to go looking. If you have any Q's about six to see our do, restaurants etc in Vancouver, or local craft beer (on which I'm well educated) feel free to PM. Enjoy your honeymoon and congrats on the wedding!
Thanks ITG. Unfortunately we won't be spending any time in Vancouver.
John Varvatos is a USA designer. His brand sells mid-priced men's clothing and apparel, manufactured in China and other Asian countries. I've never seen the brand in Australian stores, but it pops up in online resellers like Farfetch.
The jacket I have my eye on is quite a nice design, but at $600 I'll probably give it a skip this time. Very nice Italian jackets can be had for just a tiny bit more money.post #45038 of 613442/3/14 at 10:19amQuote:
That would probably be my decision in the same situation. A local custom jacket, for me, could also be only a bit more. Enjoy Whistler. Don't forget to have a beaver tail,or to go to the brewhouse, both in the village.post #45039 of 613442/3/14 at 12:51pmQuote:
Good idea. An odd jacket in a grey pinstripe fabric that's half polyester doesn't sound like such a great deal, anyway!post #45040 of 613442/3/14 at 1:47pmJohn Varvatos is like a US version of Arthur Galan. Or should I say AG is an Australian version of JV. Fashion stuff, generally made to last a season or two, with the very, very occasional classic piece. A poly mix pinstripe odd jacket doesn't sound like one of them.
Not that there isn't a market for his stuff but it's not going to appeal to the average SF persona.post #45041 of 613442/3/14 at 1:48pmpost #45042 of 613442/3/14 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
John Varvatos is like a US version of Arthur Galan. Or should I say AG is an Australian version of JV. Fashion stuff, generally made to last a season or two, with the very, very occasional classic piece. A poly mix pinstripe odd jacket doesn't sound like one of them.
Not that there isn't a market for his stuff but it's not going to appeal to the average SF persona.
If you google images of John, you'll see why you might not want to be dressed by him.
The Varvatos-Gallan parallel is strikingly accurate. Just a quick peruse of George Calombaris' wardrobe on the previous 2 seasons of Master Chef (where George was outfitted by Gallan) shows the similarities:post #45043 of 613442/3/14 at 5:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
@Foxhound What happened with the bubbly tie? Did you get it fixed?
Oh shit, was meaning to post, sorry been pretty out of it with the Pain Killers. My mum is fantastic, she opened up the tie very carefully, what had happened. The lining had folded over it self at that section, doubling up. I should have taken a photo. Mum undid the whole tie and fixed it up. It's good as new. It should be noted my mum has no training in tailoring or anything like that.
On another note, I just ordered another TOJ. Buy my stuff on eBay so I can eat please.post #45044 of 613442/3/14 at 7:25pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford wool navy over coat | size 40 and 46 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford navy peacoat - AW 2014 / 2015 | size 40 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...