or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2989

post #44821 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

I know this is going to be unpopular and far be it from me to separate you all from your beloved paper fetish :p but in todays day and age would it not be worth at least considering one of the many tablets that have inking technology built into them?

 

This... I have a Lenovo Helix Tablet/Convertible that has a dual passive/active stylus. With OneNote 2013 you can scrawl in unrecognisable rubbish select all and convert to text it's excellent.

post #44822 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch3r View Post
 

 

This... I have a Lenovo Helix Tablet/Convertible that has a dual passive/active stylus. With OneNote 2013 you can scrawl in unrecognisable rubbish select all and convert to text it's excellent.

I have to agree on OneNote 2013.

 

Good blend with using text and handwritten notes, however I have yet ti find a form factor that I like in the Win8 Tablets.

post #44823 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorial Scum View Post
 

I have to agree on OneNote 2013.

 

Good blend with using text and handwritten notes, however I have yet ti find a form factor that I like in the Win8 Tablets.

I just finished an enterprise review the Lenovo Tablet 2 has a nice weight/size about it and it comes with a stylus. It's about the size of an ipad, slightly lighter.

post #44824 of 57939
Has anyone here, specifically in Melbourne, had neck roll fixed (by which I mean an extra bubble of fabric under the collar) on a blazer/suit jacket)?

If so where would you recommend and what was the cost (approx)?

I bought a lovely Loro Piana Zealander fabric navy blazer in Rome which fits nicely everywhere else and would like to get this fixed....

Had this sorted on my inital PJ suit, but that was all sorted and paid for in house.

Just looking for a little guidance/experience on where is good and how to direct them (if needed). Thanks as always.
post #44825 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Has anyone here, specifically in Melbourne, had neck roll fixed (by which I mean an extra bubble of fabric under the collar) on a blazer/suit jacket)?

If so where would you recommend and what was the cost (approx)?

I bought a lovely Loro Piana Zealander fabric navy blazer in Rome which fits nicely everywhere else and would like to get this fixed....

Had this sorted on my inital PJ suit, but that was all sorted and paid for in house.

Just looking for a little guidance/experience on where is good and how to direct them (if needed). Thanks as always.

Give our guys a call and we will get it sorted for you. It's usually a case of lowering the collar.


Ps I think I'm going to get one of these leather covers that fits a moleskin

http://www.teranishibrand.com/collections/all/products/journal-cover
post #44826 of 57939

Quite possibly my most favourite suiting fabric.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

I bought a lovely Loro Piana Zealander fabric navy blazer in Rome which fits nicely everywhere else and would like to get this fixed....
 
post #44827 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


Give our guys a call and we will get it sorted for you. It's usually a case of lowering the collar.

 

You're a good man, Rob.

post #44828 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorial Scum View Post

I have to agree on OneNote 2013.

Good blend with using text and handwritten notes, however I have yet ti find a form factor that I like in the Win8 Tablets.
I have a Win8 tablet/laptop with stylus, writing recognition etc.

It's good for odd notes in terms of character recognition but I still prefer paper. The real advantage is the ability to note to pdf so you can add your marginal commentary to documents without having to print and carry around wads of hard copies. Plus you have all your notes on file for future reference. It does get a bit choppy with large files though.

I've always found the write to text functionality to be quite clumsy and time consuming but maybe that's because I never put the effort into learning how to do it efficiently.
post #44829 of 57939

Each to their own, I concede I occasionally reach for paper still at times but with an active digitiser and tablets that now last all day from your cheap Samsung note to the surface pro 2 it really is an ideal time t consider a move paperless.  especially students, as PPO said the ability to annotate pdfs and a wide range of documents makes them an invaluable tool. 

 

Theres also the lighter and cheaper 8" devices, just had a girl at work pic up the dell venue8, took her about 3 weeks t get use to it but she's ditched her notebook and folio now.

post #44830 of 57939
IMG_20140128_144846_zpsfexxqbk9.jpg
Word.
post #44831 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Word.

I think you have something on your face

post #44832 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by deingesicht View Post

I think you have something on your face

Custom Boglioli oxygen mask.

Hope you're okay foxy frown.gif
post #44833 of 57939
GAMP'd I think. That or nasal polyps?

Get well soon.
post #44834 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Give our guys a call and we will get it sorted for you. It's usually a case of lowering the collar.


Ps I think I'm going to get one of these leather covers that fits a moleskin

http://www.teranishibrand.com/collections/all/products/journal-cover

Are you sure Romp? Who is the best person to speak to - Matt?
post #44835 of 57939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Give our guys a call and we will get it sorted for you. It's usually a case of lowering the collar.


Ps I think I'm going to get one of these leather covers that fits a moleskin

http://www.teranishibrand.com/collections/all/products/journal-cover

I've bought a few Teranishi items and the workmanship on them is absolutely incredible. Well worth the money.

I'm also a massive Thrice fan, the band that Teppei played guitar for. A nice little bonus for me!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members