or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2909

post #43621 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


There was a bloke who used to post on here - name escapes me - he was big into RMW. I think he even had a pair of their chukkas IIRC.

 

 

I remember fxh speaking highly of the Kingsvale kangaroo chukkas - first time I've seen him so enthusiastic about shoes!

post #43622 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukejackson View Post

The kent wang polo has been critiscised as being to short but it looks perfect here foxy. If you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what size did you pinch?

I'm 179CM, wearing a small

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


There was a bloke who used to post on here - name escapes me - he was big into RMW. I think he even had a pair of their chukkas IIRC.


Didn't Pink Socks just get a pair of RMW Suede boots???

 

 

:P :P :P

post #43623 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


There was a bloke who used to post on here - name escapes me - he was big into RMW. I think he even had a pair of their chukkas IIRC.

Was that the guy who was also one of the top lawyers in rural Australia? Also a pioneer of the French wardrobe?

post #43624 of 54709
Ole ole ole ole feeling hot hot hot...

Now for less satirical dreams and more sartorial matters, I vouch for the Lands End tailored fit Supima cotton polos. I have two long sleeve ones, and two more on the way. Thanks to Australia Post today was also a public holiday so I don't have those new ones yet..
post #43625 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Was that the guy who was also one of the top lawyers in rural Australia? Also a pioneer of the French wardrobe?
I enjoy his contributions, and I don't judge him on his career choice. Not everyone can be a ballerina.
post #43626 of 54709

For anyone who's wondering about the widths of the Carmina lasts, I think this is accurate (from the Carmina thread):

 

Widest -> Narrowest

 

Detroit > Inca, Soller > Rain, Robert (tho just like RogerP said Rain feels touch wider) > Forest > Simpson, Uetam

post #43627 of 54709
Packing to go away I have noticed I have packed more shoes than my wife eek.gif
post #43628 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


I enjoy his contributions, and I don't judge him on his career choice. Not everyone can be a ballerina.

Who else is a ballerina?

post #43629 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Ole ole ole ole feeling hot hot hot...

Now for less satirical dreams and more sartorial matters, I vouch for the Lands End tailored fit Supima cotton polos. I have two long sleeve ones, and two more on the way. Thanks to Australia Post today was also a public holiday so I don't have those new ones yet..

 

These are a bit cheaper than Kennys, how's the fit and what size do you have as a reference?

post #43630 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

Who else is a ballerina?

Having dated a Russian ballerina back in my youth I can tell you that her skill set far exceeded any professed by the legal fraternity and she studied longer that a BA Honours and PhD combined.
post #43631 of 54709
I take a size 40-41R jacket, and I wear a size medium in the tailored fit. The Lands End tailored fit is definitely not a slim fit like KW's offering. If you're broad shouldered, but otherwise 'healthy', Lands End should fit you. If you're smaller than a 38R, then Lands End will probably be too roomy, IMO.
post #43632 of 54709
Not really my style, but for $1 at the bottom of a bucket of about 500 ties, I'll take it.
post #43633 of 54709
Sadly the Perkal Brothers have died within a few weeks of each other.
post #43634 of 54709
Sorry to hear it. The last of their kind in Sydney; RIP.
post #43635 of 54709

I can attest to TBM's post, he looked ace in the LE Polos.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members