or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2903

post #43531 of 54960

Fuck me that's a lot of alcohol. Thanks Father Christmas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

Yeah can't say I understand why anyone would pay that much for sneakers but I have zero doubt the same could easily be said of some classical menswear purchases often discussed in this thread so each to their own.

Oh boy, here we go again. Totally justifiable. A pair of common projects will last years, good quality craftsmanship and materials. It's the same as buying good quality dress shoes, except I wear sneakers every day. I buy good quality sneakers.

 

Unless of course you're talking about Raf Owens and Rick Simmons, which can be plain over the top.

post #43532 of 54960

Merry Xmas all!

post #43533 of 54960
Lilly Collins? I rather the Wallabies beat The All Blacks

Happy, Happy Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy to the world.

post #43534 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post



Christmas socks, GF? Very colourful indeed!
post #43535 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Oh boy, here we go again. Totally justifiable. A pair of common projects will last years, good quality craftsmanship and materials. It's the same as buying good quality dress shoes, except I wear sneakers every day. I buy good quality sneakers.

Unless of course you're talking about Raf Owens and Rick Simmons, which can be plain over the top.

I agree with regard to sneakers by a brand such as CP, as they are well-made in a first-world country from good-quality leather. Also, they're classically styled and will not only last for years but will remain "in style" for years, too.

However, a lot of other fashion sneakers are just ridiculous (IMHO). Paying $7-800 for shoes that appear to be very average in quality and have lots of odd detailing, including (a lot of the time) stuff that makes them look like a five-year-old girl took to them with a bedazzler. Or, of course, they're covered in overly-ostentatious logos, so people are basically dropping the better part of $1k to advertise a so-called luxury brand.
post #43536 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

Oh boy, here we go again. Totally justifiable. A pair of common projects will last years, good quality craftsmanship and materials. It's the same as buying good quality dress shoes, except I wear sneakers every day. I buy good quality sneakers.

 

Unless of course you're talking about Raf Owens and Rick Simmons, which can be plain over the top.

 

I'm not sure why you're trying to start something, guess you've got your loot from santa no need to be a good boy anymore..but I didn't mention nor suggest that it wasn't justifiable but rather that I personally don't understand - and have little desire to - why people would pay in the higher echelons for sneakers as I eluded to though each to their own, I have zero doubt the same could be levelled towards some of the formal shoe purchases illustrated in this thread.

post #43537 of 54960
Happy Christmas kids!! Here's a card for you all biggrin.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #43538 of 54960
Scored an unexpectedly large hull for Xmas today, including:

  • a Filson duffle bag (for the gym)
  • a jumper knitted by my mum
  • a refurbished turntable
  • tickets to the Lingerie Football League
post #43539 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKstar View Post

Scored an unexpectedly large hull for Xmas today, including:
 
  • a Filson duffle bag (for the gym)
  • a jumper knitted by my mum
  • a refurbished turntable
  • tickets to the Lingerie Football League


Wow nice, looking to pick up a Filson Duffle in navy.

post #43540 of 54960

Merry Christmas.

 

Don't start shit about sneakers. Many fallacies in the posts above. Many!

post #43541 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Christmas socks, GF? Very colourful indeed!

Thanks Journeyman one of the benefits of Fatherhood.biggrin.gif
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 12/24/13 at 6:48pm
post #43542 of 54960

Merry Xmas guys, hope you had a wonderful eve and morning! Haven't contributed much to this thread in a long while but still stalking :P

Got the Loake's I picked up from Robinson's 8ace thanks for the heads up! No #menswear gifts this xmas besides those shoes though :(

post #43543 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post
 

Merry Xmas guys, hope you had a wonderful eve and morning! Haven't contributed much to this thread in a long while but still stalking :P

Got the Loake's I picked up from Robinson's 8ace thanks for the heads up! No #menswear gifts this xmas besides those shoes though :(

Merry xmas mate, good to see you are still around.  What Loakes did you end up getting?

post #43544 of 54960
Merry Christmas to you all, I still have to wait a few hours.

I'll be sure to wear my Rick Owens sneakers when I get to Melbourne so you know exactly who I am. Check them out in person before you dis them. To each their own anyway

In other news I did get an early present and nice surprise from Melbourne uni, looks like a will not have to pay for tuition after all icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #43545 of 54960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

Merry xmas mate, good to see you are still around.  What Loakes did you end up getting?

Thanks Osiris, got a pair of Chukkas:

http://www.robinsonsshoes.com/loake-kempton-2177.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members