or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2900

post #43486 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

I found this crappy old pair of C&J Chepstows in the op shop a while back. Took them into Double Monk yesterday, and discussed the state of them with Chris. The upshot is that he's sending them to the factory for refurbishment. Should get them back in a couple of months. Cost is $285 for Dainite soles, $250 for leather, including shipping. So the upshot will be I get a great looking pair of Chepstows in my size, with the leather really soft, for $295. The vamp wrinkling and a scar on the toe box will still be there, but that's not too bad. Will post pics when they get back.

 

Hope it works out well, some before and after pics would be interesting see.
post #43487 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Anyone keen on a:

3-roll-2 single breasted
2-patch/1-jetted pocket
Notch lapel
Navy
VBC wool
Hop sack weave
With functional buttons
Quarter lined
(Half) canvassed

Blazer from Boggi in a size 38?

It's too big for me.

 

 

PM sent.

post #43488 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Anyone keen on a:
  Details (Click to show)
3-roll-2 single breasted
2-patch/1-jetted pocket
Notch lapel
Navy
VBC wool
Hop sack weave
With functional buttons
Quarter lined
(Half) canvassed


Blazer from Boggi in a size 38?

It's too big for me.

 

Updated the post with measurements and pictures.

 

 

Note: sleeves have been shortened by 0.5". I'm pedantic that way.

 

 

Measurements: (Click to show)

Shoulders: 44 cm / 17"

 

Pit to Pit: 53 cm / 21"

 

Length from back of collar: 75 cm / 29.25"

 

Sleeve: 61 cm / 24"

 

 

Pictures: (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #43489 of 52472
Wish it was a 40, homie.
post #43490 of 52472
Just a heads up, I am selling two of my C&J boots, a black chelsea and a black chukka boot. They are both in excellent condition and have been well maintained. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested

http://www.styleforum.net/t/373620/c-j-yardley-black-chukka-boot-in-7-5uk

http://www.styleforum.net/t/373618/c-j-black-chelsea-last-238-size-7-5-uk

Thanks
post #43491 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Anyone keen on a:

3-roll-2 single breasted
2-patch/1-jetted pocket
Notch lapel
Navy
VBC wool
Hop sack weave
With functional buttons
Quarter lined
(Half) canvassed

Blazer from Boggi in a size 38?

It's too big for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post


Not my size but I have something similar from Boglioli and it is great. Will look into Boggi in Rome for another one as they are so useful. Oh well, free wifi time up in Paris, next stop Edinburgh.



[/SPOILER]
post #43492 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Updated the post with measurements and pictures.


Note: sleeves have been shortened by 0.5". I'm pedantic that way.

Measurements: (Click to show)
Shoulders: 44 cm / 17"

Pit to Pit: 53 cm / 21"

Length from back of collar: 75 cm / 29.25"

Sleeve: 61 cm / 24"

Pictures: (Click to show)




























I've got both yours and sliq measurements ill see how similar u are
post #43493 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


I've got both yours and sliq measurements ill see how similar u are

 

i have bigger shoulders than nabil  (;

post #43494 of 52472

Hi everyone,
 

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a shoe company called Jocent Royal. I was thinking of purchasing my first pair of goodyear welted shoes from them, however there aren't many people who have tried them.

 

As an alternative company I had Meermin in mind, who seem to have been tried and tested by many and are generally favourably reviewed. The largest positives from my perspective is that the Jocent Royal shoes are considerably cheaper and I believe I'd have to opportunity to try different sizes and/or lasts on as they're based in Melbourne where I live.

 

Personally value is what I am probably looking for above all else. Though this might sound petty, I'm looking for shoes that will be appropriate for work (hospital environment) whilst presenting the best price per year.

 

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance!

post #43495 of 52472

A good friend of mine has a pair, as well as many Grensons, C&Js, Loakes, Churchs. I'll get onto him.

post #43496 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

A good friend of mine has a pair, as well as many Grensons, C&Js, Loakes, Churchs. I'll get onto him.

Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing his opinion.

post #43497 of 52472

Jacket is sold!

post #43498 of 52472

Grats to whoever purchased it sounded good.

 

I thought the whole boxing day sale thing had cooled off over recent years but if the clusterbomb of catalogues jammed into my letter box and spraweled onto the path this morning is any indication the retail sector seems to be giving it a good push.

post #43499 of 52472
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

I found this crappy old pair of C&J Chepstows in the op shop a while back. Took them into Double Monk yesterday, and discussed the state of them with Chris. The upshot is that he's sending them to the factory for refurbishment. Should get them back in a couple of months. Cost is $285 for Dainite soles, $250 for leather, including shipping. So the upshot will be I get a great looking pair of Chepstows in my size, with the leather really soft, for $295. The vamp wrinkling and a scar on the toe box will still be there, but that's not too bad. Will post pics when they get back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Overheard the same thing with some English cricketers recently.

I am in the process of rehabbing a pair of ancient C&Js too with my local cobbler who is a qualified shoe maker. My aim is to clean them, revivify them and resole them whilst keep the patina.



10749692774_2ede991888.jpg
C&J Project6 by meister53, on Flickr
post #43500 of 52472
Merry Christmas to all SF Aussie forumites.

There's been laughs, arguments, buying, selling, fit pics, lots of great advice and some memorable catch ups along the way.

Stay safe, happy and well dressed over the break.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members