Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2881post #43201 of 6047912/12/13 at 10:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43202 of 6047912/12/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
Not saying their goods are sub-standard, if you have no problems you'll have , er, no problems. But they grey import and offer their own 'warranty' for many items, hence the low prices. And good luck getting them to do anything about it if things do go wrong. They're cheap for a reason.post #43203 of 6047912/13/13 at 4:14ampost #43204 of 6047912/13/13 at 5:04ampost #43205 of 6047912/13/13 at 1:40pmpost #43206 of 6047912/13/13 at 2:50pmI would recommend looking at Tanglewood as an alternative to Yamaha. I've been learning on a TW55 for years now and I'm pretty happy with it. There's no right or wrong and both make very decent beginner guitars.
Whatever you get, make sure it has a solid top (not laminated). Much nicer/richer/whatever sound.post #43207 of 6047912/13/13 at 2:51pmpost #43208 of 6047912/13/13 at 3:05pm" Come on over a for a BBQ tonight I got my record player hooked up"
" Great I'll bring some red and a six pack, just got a slab of Williams Pale Ale cheap"
Fine and seeing friend only lives two blocks away we walk.
Conway Twitty The Flatlanders Miles Davis, Sticky Fingers imported copy with zipper, on Vinyl blah blah blah drink drink drink.
Stagger home with Mrs GF cross over into our street and there in the middle of the road is a brand new pair of Caterpillar steel cap work boots, pick them up yes they would fit son. Gives whole new meaning to falling off the back of a truck.
6am woken up by dog, 6.01AM hangover thunders in like four horsemen of the apocalypse. Note to self find rock crawl under and die. ps Christmaspost #43209 of 6047912/13/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morgan Woods
I'm more of a Churches chap but having had trouble buying shoes in Sydney that don't suck, noticed these:
I hadn't really thought of Florsheim as being that good but what do peeps here think? It says made in Italy but not much else.
The Indian Imperials are Goodyeared maybe the Italian are Blaked. It is a nice looking shoe but this type of shoe sells on PaulFrederick.com for like USD250. Interesting that Florsheim has finally decided to get back to making higher end shoes.post #43210 of 6047912/13/13 at 4:22pmpost #43211 of 6047912/13/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
I find their Beltrano quite nicely done, and with 30% right now, pretty good buy.
I like the cognac colour of that shoe, not sure I could part with $300 for a pair of florsheim though.post #43212 of 6047912/13/13 at 4:34pmpost #43213 of 6047912/13/13 at 6:03pmQuote:These ones are about 45° between the top and the side. Not a leg crosser unless I'm busting for the loo so luckily scratching the vamp hasn't been an issue for me.
I found an old photo from when the shoes were new, and thought it might be interesting to compare how they have aged after several years of wear:
Personally, like a good face I think shoes look better with a bit of character.post #43214 of 6047912/13/13 at 7:15pmpost #43215 of 6047912/13/13 at 7:22pm
I've only bought recording equipment from Carlton Music Swap Shop but I would trust the guys at The Acoustic Centre when it comes to acoustic guitars. They can also do a set up for you and get the thing as playable as possible, It's a nice place to just go and hang out.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** just now
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wedding Attire for Guest where "church clothes" will be the norm... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Green Rhino Oxford Shirt - Gitman Bros - Size Small 6 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...