Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Last edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2881post #43201 of 6532812/12/13 at 10:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43202 of 6532812/12/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
Not saying their goods are sub-standard, if you have no problems you'll have , er, no problems. But they grey import and offer their own 'warranty' for many items, hence the low prices. And good luck getting them to do anything about it if things do go wrong. They're cheap for a reason.post #43203 of 6532812/13/13 at 4:14ampost #43204 of 6532812/13/13 at 5:04ampost #43205 of 6532812/13/13 at 1:40pmpost #43206 of 6532812/13/13 at 2:50pmI would recommend looking at Tanglewood as an alternative to Yamaha. I've been learning on a TW55 for years now and I'm pretty happy with it. There's no right or wrong and both make very decent beginner guitars.
Whatever you get, make sure it has a solid top (not laminated). Much nicer/richer/whatever sound.post #43207 of 6532812/13/13 at 2:51pmpost #43208 of 6532812/13/13 at 3:05pm" Come on over a for a BBQ tonight I got my record player hooked up"
" Great I'll bring some red and a six pack, just got a slab of Williams Pale Ale cheap"
Fine and seeing friend only lives two blocks away we walk.
Conway Twitty The Flatlanders Miles Davis, Sticky Fingers imported copy with zipper, on Vinyl blah blah blah drink drink drink.
Stagger home with Mrs GF cross over into our street and there in the middle of the road is a brand new pair of Caterpillar steel cap work boots, pick them up yes they would fit son. Gives whole new meaning to falling off the back of a truck.
6am woken up by dog, 6.01AM hangover thunders in like four horsemen of the apocalypse. Note to self find rock crawl under and die. ps Christmaspost #43209 of 6532812/13/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morgan Woods
I'm more of a Churches chap but having had trouble buying shoes in Sydney that don't suck, noticed these:
I hadn't really thought of Florsheim as being that good but what do peeps here think? It says made in Italy but not much else.
The Indian Imperials are Goodyeared maybe the Italian are Blaked. It is a nice looking shoe but this type of shoe sells on PaulFrederick.com for like USD250. Interesting that Florsheim has finally decided to get back to making higher end shoes.post #43210 of 6532812/13/13 at 4:22pmpost #43211 of 6532812/13/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
I find their Beltrano quite nicely done, and with 30% right now, pretty good buy.
I like the cognac colour of that shoe, not sure I could part with $300 for a pair of florsheim though.post #43212 of 6532812/13/13 at 4:34pmpost #43213 of 6532812/13/13 at 6:03pmQuote:These ones are about 45° between the top and the side. Not a leg crosser unless I'm busting for the loo so luckily scratching the vamp hasn't been an issue for me.
I found an old photo from when the shoes were new, and thought it might be interesting to compare how they have aged after several years of wear:
Personally, like a good face I think shoes look better with a bit of character.post #43214 of 6532812/13/13 at 7:15pmpost #43215 of 6532812/13/13 at 7:22pm
I've only bought recording equipment from Carlton Music Swap Shop but I would trust the guys at The Acoustic Centre when it comes to acoustic guitars. They can also do a set up for you and get the thing as playable as possible, It's a nice place to just go and hang out.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Nigel Cabourn 31 seconds ago
- › Skoak Carmina black jumper boot 34 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › 10D C&J for Polo RL (England) Algonquin Split Toe 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth