Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 2881post #43201 of 6794612/12/13 at 10:48pmpost #43202 of 6794612/12/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
Not saying their goods are sub-standard, if you have no problems you'll have , er, no problems. But they grey import and offer their own 'warranty' for many items, hence the low prices. And good luck getting them to do anything about it if things do go wrong. They're cheap for a reason.post #43203 of 6794612/13/13 at 4:14ampost #43204 of 6794612/13/13 at 5:04ampost #43205 of 6794612/13/13 at 1:40pmpost #43206 of 6794612/13/13 at 2:50pmI would recommend looking at Tanglewood as an alternative to Yamaha. I've been learning on a TW55 for years now and I'm pretty happy with it. There's no right or wrong and both make very decent beginner guitars.
Whatever you get, make sure it has a solid top (not laminated). Much nicer/richer/whatever sound.post #43207 of 6794612/13/13 at 2:51pmpost #43208 of 6794612/13/13 at 3:05pm" Come on over a for a BBQ tonight I got my record player hooked up"
" Great I'll bring some red and a six pack, just got a slab of Williams Pale Ale cheap"
Fine and seeing friend only lives two blocks away we walk.
Conway Twitty The Flatlanders Miles Davis, Sticky Fingers imported copy with zipper, on Vinyl blah blah blah drink drink drink.
Stagger home with Mrs GF cross over into our street and there in the middle of the road is a brand new pair of Caterpillar steel cap work boots, pick them up yes they would fit son. Gives whole new meaning to falling off the back of a truck.
6am woken up by dog, 6.01AM hangover thunders in like four horsemen of the apocalypse. Note to self find rock crawl under and die. ps Christmaspost #43209 of 6794612/13/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morgan Woods
I'm more of a Churches chap but having had trouble buying shoes in Sydney that don't suck, noticed these:
I hadn't really thought of Florsheim as being that good but what do peeps here think? It says made in Italy but not much else.
The Indian Imperials are Goodyeared maybe the Italian are Blaked. It is a nice looking shoe but this type of shoe sells on PaulFrederick.com for like USD250. Interesting that Florsheim has finally decided to get back to making higher end shoes.post #43210 of 6794612/13/13 at 4:22pmpost #43211 of 6794612/13/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
I find their Beltrano quite nicely done, and with 30% right now, pretty good buy.
I like the cognac colour of that shoe, not sure I could part with $300 for a pair of florsheim though.post #43212 of 6794612/13/13 at 4:34pmpost #43213 of 6794612/13/13 at 6:03pmQuote:These ones are about 45° between the top and the side. Not a leg crosser unless I'm busting for the loo so luckily scratching the vamp hasn't been an issue for me.
I found an old photo from when the shoes were new, and thought it might be interesting to compare how they have aged after several years of wear:
Personally, like a good face I think shoes look better with a bit of character.post #43214 of 6794612/13/13 at 7:15pmpost #43215 of 6794612/13/13 at 7:22pm
I've only bought recording equipment from Carlton Music Swap Shop but I would trust the guys at The Acoustic Centre when it comes to acoustic guitars. They can also do a set up for you and get the thing as playable as possible, It's a nice place to just go and hang out.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Poor Samuelsohn suit alteration? 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What color suit/shirt/tie would compliment a black dress? 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...