or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2880

post #43186 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post


Also: All melbournites should go to the Melbourne Now exhibit. It is free, fun and totally enjoyable. I don't usually enjoy galleries, but this exhibition was really great: a lot of audio visual, street art, interactive stuff, it's pretty cool. Take yo kids, take yo wife.

Definitely will be going to this. What were the crowds like? We were going to wait until the hype died down a bit.
post #43187 of 53880

I only went to the section at the NGV (not at the Ian potter Centre at Fed Square), and they were fine - I went on a Wednesday at 2pm, but the crowd was actually pretty cool, and chatty - there's a dance floor exhibit that was going off, which made for even more enjoyment.

 

Definitely not as crowded as the previous exhibit I went to (the french impressionist who did the lillies, yeah I'm pretty into art history, bitches)

post #43188 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

I only went to the section at the NGV (not at the Ian potter Centre at Fed Square), and they were fine - I went on a Wednesday at 2pm, but the crowd was actually pretty cool, and chatty - there's a dance floor exhibit that was going off, which made for even more enjoyment.

Definitely not as crowded as the previous exhibit I went to (the french impressionist who did the lillies, yeah I'm pretty into art history, bitches)

laugh.gif
post #43189 of 53880
I spoke to someone last night, who knows their arty stuff, and they went yesterday. Good value - they spent about 5 hours there. Crowded.
On at Fed Square too. Luckily no f king school groups.
Recommended time to avoid the hoi polloi - Mon morning. Closed Tuesday.
post #43190 of 53880
I think I qualify as hoi polloi.
post #43191 of 53880

Senor LonerMatt is acquiring a Sony NEX 5 - if anyone has any words against the camera they have until the end of the weekend to deter me :)

 

Love, LM!

post #43192 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

Senor LonerMatt is acquiring a Sony NEX 5 - if anyone has any words against the camera they have until the end of the weekend to deter me smile.gif

Love, LM!

May your depth of field be shallow and composition tight!
post #43193 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post
 

Senor LonerMatt is acquiring a Sony NEX 5 - if anyone has any words against the camera they have until the end of the weekend to deter me :)

 

Love, LM!

 

I have a Nex 5N, it's great little camera, really good value for money and great for travelling. PM me if you want to see some sample images.

 

Only thing I would suggest is to consider whether you want to use an electronic viewfinder, as the NEX 5N is a $300 aftermarket solution, whereas the NEX 7N and the new Alpha A7 have them built in.


Edited by Superfudge - 12/12/13 at 10:23pm
post #43194 of 53880

Thought about viewfinders, but I don't miss having one now, and I'm ok with missing out on a few features to save $$$ - the NEX 5 is $500 on Kogan, which is a pretty great deal IMO.

post #43195 of 53880

NEX will serve you well, but will probably still be a pain in the ass to carry around on travel, as it still suffers from having the lens stick fairly far out of the body. Have you handled any of the mirrorless cameras?

post #43196 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

I think I qualify as hoi polloi.
Depends.
What year did you qualify? What grades did you get? Where did you qualify?
Have you got the certificate?
post #43197 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

Thought about viewfinders, but I don't miss having one now, and I'm ok with missing out on a few features to save $$$ - the NEX 5 is $500 on Kogan, which is a pretty great deal IMO.

Buy nothing from Kogan, they might be cheap but if anything goes wrong you'll regret it. The very definition of no customer service.
post #43198 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post
 

NEX will serve you well, but will probably still be a pain in the ass to carry around on travel, as it still suffers from having the lens stick fairly far out of the body. Have you handled any of the mirrorless cameras?

 

NEX is (was) a mirrorless system, but yes, the kit lens is pretty big. Of course, you can always buy an adapter and use a prime lens from another manufacturer.

post #43199 of 53880
I've had 3 DAB radios from Kogan for over 2 years - no problems.
Friends have lashed out on my recommendations.

They aren't cameras though. Well last I checked.
post #43200 of 53880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfudge View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post
 

NEX will serve you well, but will probably still be a pain in the ass to carry around on travel, as it still suffers from having the lens stick fairly far out of the body. Have you handled any of the mirrorless cameras?

 

NEX is (was) a mirrorless system, but yes, the kit lens is pretty big. Of course, you can always buy an adapter and use a prime lens from another manufacturer.

 

Indeed it is, but the whole, lenses adding silly bulk thing plagued all of the mirrorless and m4/3 cameras (Nikon 1, Sony NEX, Various Panasonics, etc.). Primes are a good solution, but they still add a fair bit of bulk unless you can get pancakes, I guess. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members