or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2868

post #43006 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post
 

dont know much about watches but this looks like a pretty good deal

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/299764/jlc-master-grande-ultra-thin/0_50

Beautiful watch, but I don't know if I'm enough of a risk taker to buy watches of that calibre off someone on an internet forum.

post #43007 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post
 

 

Chin up, Mr Dexter. Looks good. 

 

Yes, thanks for pointing that out :embar:.

post #43008 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

Jimmy Hoffa pulling out the big guns in the ST Crispins MTO group order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

 

Good stuff. Fingers crossed he wins - not long to go now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post


Congrats to Jimmy. Strong donation to charity

 

Thanks for the words of encouragement/enthusiasm gentlemen!

 

Sadly, I went out on a bender with the boys/girls last night. I was in the lead @ 1680 at 11 pm Sydney time, but the Auction wasn't going to end until 4 am. I would have loved a pair of Crispies. I've been speaking to Wurger/Spoo/Fok about their St. Cs and they are just so beautiful - if you like nice things, these are it. At 1680 it would have been robbery. In hindsight I should have proxied. Oh well. I was talking to Tor during the auction - I'm glad he won them @ 1710.

 

I've just donated to the SF RMHC anyway, something you might like to do as well Fox. I'm a very strong believer in doing what we can for those less advantaged / removing extreme income inequality. Even we can start to do our part now. It'll be up to people like you and I to solve the problems generations before us have created.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

Oh Jimmy, how did you know it was my Birthday today. 

 

Mate! Happy Birthday! Big fella, if I was in Melbourne I would sink a few cold ones with you (just not when the cricket was on :cheers:)!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post
 

 

Spandexter, this suit from Suit Shop is a really good looking suit on you. The balance, the sleeve pitch, the stance, the lapel width, the drape and the tapering are all exceptional. I really like that lapel roll as well. Even the trousers look good! Whilst I prefer a little more hand finishing, this is a real testament to the abilities of Romp / Nick P. Having met them recently, they really know their stuff, and with Patrick they make a pretty cool team. To get what you got, for Suit Shop prices, you've done really well. That wouldn't happen to be a Fratelli Tallia Di Delfino cloth would it? Or perhaps an Ariston? Loving the mid-grey.


Edited by JimmyHoffa - 12/9/13 at 1:33pm
post #43009 of 53398
UPS man tried to deliver some Carminas yesterday, but I wasn't home. Will have them soon enough.

Nekminnit .. nah, don't have 'em yet. Soon..
post #43010 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post



PoP, here is a picture of the best-dressed man in history, Edward VIII - not known for his wise-guy affiliations - in black tie:




He is sporting a pocket square, which has clearly been folded. 

Care to speculate as to the material it's made from?

Enquiring minds wish to know.
Well, for one thing, that's a smoking jacket, not black tie.

Secondly, calls to the authority of a Nazi sympathyser who married a woman with a bloke's name are never peruasive. Pervaps somehow his taste in clothes remained impeccable though his taste in friends and women certainly left a lot to be desired.

But to be a bit more scientific, I don't think silk hanks should be ironed or folded because of the very nature of the material. It is an elastic, springy fabric designed to drape and flow in 3 dimensions. I can't think why you would want to impress the silk into a 2D accessory, when it's very character is in the way it pops to life. That's why I think a simple roll or stuff or puff is best for silk, not because I read it in some menswear rule book.

As for wearing linen with black tie, of course it can be done and look good. But a wedding or other black tie event gives you some licence to wear a vibrant white or cream silk square that might look a bit OTT on the 8:31 to work, so why not dial it up a notch, especially if you are already thinking about cummerbunds and studs and waistcoats and the whole shebang.
post #43011 of 53398
^ His taste in friends and women (who cares what the name of his wife was for goodness sake!) has zero bearing on his taste in fashion rolleyes.gif
post #43012 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

UPS man tried to deliver some Carminas yesterday, but I wasn't home. Will have them soon enough.

Nekminnit .. nah, don't have 'em yet. Soon..
post #43013 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


Well, for one thing, that's a smoking jacket, not black tie.

Secondly, calls to the authority of a Nazi sympathyser who married a woman with a bloke's name are never peruasive. 

 

Yep, that jacket is 

 

 

 

 

On the plus side, her surname is a Carmina last so it's not all bad.

post #43014 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post

^ His taste in friends and women (who cares what the name of his wife was for goodness sake!) has zero bearing on his taste in fashion rolleyes.gif
Thanks for your input. Now why don't you go track down Simon from Elite suits?
post #43015 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post

Thanks for the words of encouragement/enthusiasm gentlemen!

Sadly, I went out on a bender with the boys/girls last night. I was in the lead @ 1680 at 11 pm Sydney time, but the Auction wasn't going to end until 4 am. I would have loved a pair of Crispies. I've been speaking to Wurger/Spoo/Fok about their St. Cs and they are just so beautiful - if you like nice things, these are it. At 1680 it would have been robbery. In hindsight I should have proxied. Oh well. I was talking to Tor during the auction - I'm glad he won them @ 1710.

I've just donated to the SF RMHC anyway, something you might like to do as well Fox. I'm a very strong believer in doing what we can for those less advantaged / removing extreme income inequality. Even we can start to do our part now. It'll be up to people like you and I to solve the problems generations before us have created.
Bad luck with the shoes, and good on you for giving something to charity anyway. That's the Christmas spirit.

But before you start blaming past generations for all our problems, remember we all stand on the shoulders of giants.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post


Spandexter, this suit from Suit Shop is a really good looking suit on you. The balance, the sleeve pitch, the stance, the lapel width, the drape and the tapering are all exceptional. I really like that lapel roll as well. Even the trousers look good! Whilst I prefer a little more hand finishing, this is a real testament to the abilities of Romp / Nick P. Having met them recently, they really know their stuff, and with Patrick they make a pretty cool team. To get what you got, for Suit Shop prices, you've done really well. That wouldn't happen to be a Fratelli Tallia Di Delfino cloth would it? Or perhaps an Ariston? Loving the mid-grey.
This looks like a mid blue on my monitor - not sure it is the same suit SD posted the full length fit of recently. That one looked like a charcoal glen plaid, whereas this, to me, looks like a sort of denim weave. Are they both Suit Shop suits? Nice anyway.
post #43016 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post


I've just donated to the SF RMHC anyway, something you might like to do as well Fox. I'm a very strong believer in doing what we can for those less advantaged / removing extreme income inequality. Even we can start to do our part now. It'll be up to people like you and I to solve the problems generations before us have created.

Jimmy just as I think you really are a generous human being under all the bravado you have to go and repudiate the fact with a statement which proves your a wanker.

What is the world coming too?
post #43017 of 53398
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

UPS man tried to deliver some Carminas yesterday, but I wasn't home. Will have them soon enough.

Nekminnit .. nah, don't have 'em yet. Soon..

Same dissapointment here mate. Always miss the mail guy so this time I have my work address. Found the memo to say they attempted delivery at 7:54am frown.gif. Of course for home deliveries they never turn up before midday... frown.gif
post #43018 of 53398
Oh they came back...

post #43019 of 53398
And some more ...


Or not. Stupid iPhone. Ill try and get pics up later.
post #43020 of 53398
On a lighter note:

I wore my tweed to the function and on the way home on public transport noticed that one of my cuff buttons was undone.

I was surprised to remember that they were functioning buttons, and, that I was probably, inadvertently, enjoying a bit of 'spez'...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members