or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2855

post #42811 of 57227

Hangers: http://www.shopforshops.com/timber/suit-timber-hanger-large-with-formed-shoulder-rail-450-w-x-14mm-thick/w1/i1126352_3040125/

 

Have 10 of them, and I have a hard time deciding which of the 10 is my favourite.

post #42812 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post
 

Hangers: http://www.shopforshops.com/timber/suit-timber-hanger-large-with-formed-shoulder-rail-450-w-x-14mm-thick/w1/i1126352_3040125/

 

Have 10 of them, and I have a hard time deciding which of the 10 is my favourite.

 

Woah, am I seeing this right -- $3 for a wooden hanger? How come other retailers sell there's for so much?

 

Cross post from another thread -- I've turned into one of those people who pose in alleyways :/

 

post #42813 of 57227
Thanks for the input guys. Probably end up saving me $100+ there
post #42814 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

The miles junkie in me has to respond to this. 

Flybuys/non-airline loyalty programs are shithouse. Absolutely, agreed 100%. 

So the 1% instant cash-back schemes are pretty good. I mean its money instantly, for nothing, so can't complain there  given that you were going to have to spend it anyway. 

PoP - Amex is accepted at loads of places, and most places eat the surcharge, I've found. 

Assuming you don't pay extra for the use of the amex - and you get the value of the annual fee back - you're generating miles for nothing, and can spend them quite easily. I don't see the issue. 

That MEL-LHR F ticket is 100,000 miles and maybe ~$300 in taxes. RRP of ~$5k. In that case, it's a 5% return for doing nothing different. 

Your quoted figures are way, way off.

192,000 QFF Points for a 1-Way MEL-LHR First Class Seat.

Also, Awards Seats are limited and must be booked at least 9-12 months in advance in my experience. So they are far from easy to use.

And remember, 1 AMEX MR Point = 0.5 QFF Point.

The most generous earn rate is the 3QFF / 1AUD spent at Restaurants on the AMEX Qantas Ultimate.

So next time you spend 65,000AUD at McDonalds, ring in those hard earned points.
post #42815 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post


Your quoted figures are way, way off.

192,000 QFF Points for a 1-Way MEL-LHR First Class Seat.

Also, Awards Seats are limited and must be booked at least 9-12 months in advance in my experience. So they are far from easy to use.

And remember, 1 AMEX MR Point = 0.5 QFF Point.

The most generous earn rate is the 3QFF / 1AUD spent at Restaurants on the AMEX Qantas Ultimate.

So next time you spend 65,000AUD at McDonalds, ring in those hard earned points.

 

 

 

Are you seriously suggesting I'd waste my MR on the single worst airline for redemption's?  

 

Nigga please, I fly QF F as sub-load. 

 

I was quoting values for SQ F for an online redemption. You know, SQ being >>>>>> QF, and having an award system worth pursing. 

 

Next time you jump to conclusions based upon a shitty worst case scenario, consider that some of us aren't morons and fly for free. 

 

EDIT: Also SQ redemptions are open wide. Don't join the QFF sheeple. 

post #42816 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

It is a great movie.

Fashion loves films about fashion.

Love the scene where David sees the Yardbirds play with play with original lineup! The track Train Kept a Rollin Classic!
post #42817 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

You only need one Italian cookbook The Silver Spoon highly recommended or Jamie's Italian

I'm watching the two greedy Italians now.. Lovely.

Cookbook get light of lucia.i find its quite authentic and I've met lucia and cooked in her class.its good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov View Post

Osiris. I was commenting on the fact that within 1 month of my joining here, there Internet had me convinced that every any man worth his sartorial salt owned:

1. A collection of brass/horn/silver collar stays and would never be caught dead with plastic or shirts with built in stays;
2. A steam iron and trouser press;
3. A collection of properly sized wooden hangers for suits and jackets.

I've since realized that I do not know anyone irl who has any of these thing, though I am still a bit concerned that the hangers are actually quit important if I'm investing in pj and ss suits that I need to last for a few years at least.

I don't use stays but we find plastic ones are best for guys who do..better shape as they have flex. Give me a shout and ill send you some for free.
post #42818 of 57227
PSA: fresh drop of PJohnson long sleeve polos arrived. Also added Extra Small sizing
post #42819 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Love the scene where David sees the Yardbirds play with play with original lineup! The track Train Kept a Rollin Classic!

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I can remember seeing Jimmy Page stepping off a plane, I think in Oz, with no socks and velvet flares.

I then wore my white suede driving shoes, red cord hip hugger flares, wide white belt , silver high collared, long peaked satin body shirt and white suede buckskin fringed jacket without socks for a while!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I must say I did also have a beard and my hair was longer and thicker!
post #42820 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post


I don't use stays but we find plastic ones are best for guys who do..better shape as they have flex. Give me a shout and ill send you some for free.

Thanks Romp.
But I've already been duped into a pair of brass stays. Might as well get some use out of them. FWIW I reckon they're pretty good for business wear. I wouldn't wear them anytime other than cbd.
post #42821 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Forgive me father for I have sinned.....

I can remember seeing Jimmy Page stepping off a plane, I think in Oz, with no socks and velvet flares.

I then wore my white suede driving shoes, red cord hip hugger flares, wide white belt , silver high collared, long peaked satin body shirt and white suede buckskin fringed jacket without socks for a while!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I must say I did also have a beard and my hair was longer and thicker!

Can somebody wake me up when people stop talking about the Led Zep snooze-masters? They're better than 1500 mg of Epilim for making me nod off. Thanks.
post #42822 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post


Can somebody wake me up when people stop talking about the Led Zep snooze-masters? They're better than 1500 mg of Epilim for making me nod off. Thanks.


It's okay. I'm still here.

700

 

Slayer>all. On music though, I've been getting heaps into 80s Techno. Acid House is fantastic. Somebody take me to 1989 Chicago.

post #42823 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Hangers: http://www.shopforshops.com/timber/suit-timber-hanger-large-with-formed-shoulder-rail-450-w-x-14mm-thick/w1/i1126352_3040125/

Have 10 of them, and I have a hard time deciding which of the 10 is my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post

Woah, am I seeing this right -- $3 for a wooden hanger? How come other retailers sell there's for so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov View Post

Thanks for the input guys. Probably end up saving me $100+ there

Was hoping Nabil would answer here. I order via his recommendation - got about 15.

Note the postage is about the same cost as 15 hangers but still a lot cheaper than elsewhere. Nice hangers (esp for price).

Given I paid some much for postage I was a shame I had to chase them up and they took age to arrive but I will give them the benefit of the doubt that that was a one off.
post #42824 of 57227
Foxy, have you tried this guy? Bollywood muso that some say started Acid House.
post #42825 of 57227
+1 on plastic collar stays - I prefer the really thin, flexible ones as they give a bit of shape to the collar but still allow it to curve and flex.

I used to have quite a collection of metal collar stays as British shirt manufacturers seem to prefer them over plastic, for some reason. However, I felt that they made the collars a bit too stiff and lifeless. Plastic's ideal for me as it gives a bit of structure, but not too much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members