or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2847

post #42691 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

If you do I think the heritage brand is still made in England otherwise forget it as the made in Thailand are crap.

Cheers, GF.
post #42692 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Might pretend I'm your age again and get some Doc Martens.
I'm not a dyke though...
post #42693 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


I'm not a dyke though...

Listen to that pin drop in the shocked hushed silence....

post #42694 of 48548

^Would echo Foxy in getting some categories up:

Hot

-boring sneakers (Achilles, Superga, leather sneakers for rain)

-fun sneakers

-boat shoes

-moccasins or loafers

 

Allround/Cold

-Casual boot-chukka, chelsea, brogue

-open laced brogue

 

I'd probably go a casual boots if your leaning to the 'MC' side or a hightop leather sneaker (Buttero) if 'SWD.'

 

EDIT: Harsh Petepan :P

post #42695 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


Yeah, good point. Wanted to avoid runners. Do wear Supergas in the hot weather though.

 

How about Clark's desert boots?

 

The crepe soles are comfortable, they're versatile, and looks good too.

post #42696 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

How about Clark's desert boots?

The crepe soles are comfortable, they're versatile, and looks good too.

Great call. Thanks Nabil.
post #42697 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post
 

^Would echo Foxy in getting some categories up:

Hot

-boring sneakers (Achilles, Superga, leather sneakers for rain)

-fun sneakers

-boat shoes

-moccasins or loafers

 

Allround/Cold

-Casual boot-chukka, chelsea, brogue

-open laced brogue

 

I'd probably go a casual boots if your leaning to the 'MC' side or a hightop leather sneaker (Buttero) if 'SWD.'

 

EDIT: Harsh Petepan :P

Was just kidding, seemed that everything went quiet after the D word.

 

In other news, anybody went to the Zegna family and friends sale?  Prices this year not as good as last year ($500 for Couture suits last year- forget MJ Bale) because they apparently send lots of stuff to the DFO store.  Would have gotten a few ties had I not caught the Henry Carter and Vanda bug.  Nowadays, every tie looks so inferior.

post #42698 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

How about Clark's desert boots?

The crepe soles are comfortable, they're versatile, and looks good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Great call. Thanks Nabil.

I see Clark's boots, maybe in a nice suede, working really well for you Ernesto.

In other news my Carmina String Loafers finally arrived. I am a happy man. Now all I need is the sun to return to Melbourne.

http://instagram.com/p/hewDVSKm3T/
post #42699 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post


I see Clark's boots, maybe in a nice suede, working really well for you Ernesto.

In other news my Carmina String Loafers finally arrived. I am a happy man. Now all I need is the sun to return to Melbourne.

Thanks PS. I'm on to it.

Those loafers look great.
post #42700 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Thanks PS. I'm on to it.

Those loafers look great.

http://m.urbanoutfitters.com/mobile/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=21045372a&category=M_SHOES_BOOTS

The taupe is brown in the picture but grey in real life.

Complain about the colour and you could potentially get them for free.
post #42701 of 48548
So that's what a "string loafer" is. I did wonder.
post #42702 of 48548
Maybe I'll go all Walter White and get the Wallabees.
post #42703 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

What's a good, robust casual shoe that I can wear to sporting events? Something that is comfortable, can withstand rain and heat and general abuse on terraces.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #42704 of 48548
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

So that's what a "string loafer" is. I did wonder.

Did you think I mean Gerry and his guitar playing friends?
post #42705 of 48548
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members