or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2819

post #42271 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecmelbourne View Post


Dear iSurge, Romp, Henry Carter,

I am one of the guys responsible for the Sprezzatura Australia Facebook page.
I must apologise for posting some of your - and your mates - tumblr/instagram photos without properly referencing.
It is never my intention to masquerade as the OP of any photos I post.
Please understand that we are merely aiming to source and share some of the sartorial love to the mainstream.

As soon as I have more time on my hands I will update the page to clearly show this, and as of now I will do my best to give credit instead of lazily just uploading as I have. I can see it's reached the point where we need to get a little more serious about the content.

Anyway, feel free to send me a PM on here or through the Facebook page. Always keen to take on board any input (positive and negative.)

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

 

While you're at it, think about what exactly you want to contribute to the menswear commotion that already exists.

 

Localising your work might be a good idea - like how Guiseppe Santamaria does it. Otherwise, you're going to end up just like the other 93718376418736 menswear blogs.

 

I've always subscribed to the mantra that if I can't add anything constructive to the conversation, I'd rather not add to the noise. But that's just me.

 

Good luck with your project; I wish you well.

post #42272 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post



Only in this thread...

We aim to please. We're here till Friday - try the fish.
*badda Bing badda Boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Ive sent an email. See if you can force Google to an English map. You can call me on LINE or text if you want more.

Thanks for that. The map seems to work fine. Going to visit Caid and Azabu Tailors tomorrow.
post #42273 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

They also looked like they were in a hurry and I didn't want to intrude.

Not to mention they were carrying knives.
post #42274 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Steve,

While you're at it, think about what exactly you want to contribute to the menswear commotion that already exists.

Localising your work might be a good idea - like how Guiseppe Santamaria does it. Otherwise, you're going to end up just like the other 93718376418736 menswear blogs.

I've always subscribed to the mantra that if I can't add anything constructive to the conversation, I'd rather not add to the noise. But that's just me.

Good luck with your project; I wish you well.

Why'd you leave mine out? Asshole...
post #42275 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Why'd you leave mine out? Asshole...

You might be struggling with the bat, but you are in top form here.
post #42276 of 54698
Hey what about my influential Ankles tumblr - foxy just loves it
post #42277 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Hey what about my influential Ankles tumblr - foxy just loves it


So fucking confused.

post #42278 of 54698

I will try to make it on Thursday evening. Will check this thread for venue details.

post #42279 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


I've been taking what I think are my best photos yet and that's been making me really happy.

Absolutely - the Japan photos on your blog are great, and these two are, IMHO, sensational:

http://gezzaseyes.tumblr.com/post/67950321301/nara-at-sunset

http://gezzaseyes.tumblr.com/post/67950227490/the-journey

The sky, the light, the positioning of the post and the setting sun are fantastic in the first one.

In the second one, I really like the different colours and the softer light. Great work.
post #42280 of 54698
Thanks, JM, I especially like those two. I was stoked to get the positioning in the first (I wanted a different sunset shot to the ones that the hundred other people were jostling to take) and the second raises questions to me about that figure in the bottom right and what's happening there.

On another note, tomorrow, I will be visiting the Uniqlo store at Ginza, all TWELVE FLOORS! smile.gif
post #42281 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Thanks, JM, I especially like those two. I was stoked to get the positioning in the first (I wanted a different sunset shot to the ones that the hundred other people were jostling to take) and the second raises questions to me about that figure in the bottom right and what's happening there.

Yes, it's a great photo - one where everything came together - the timing, the light, the sky and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

On another note, tomorrow, I will be visiting the Uniqlo store at Ginza, all TWELVE FLOORS! smile.gif

Whoohoo!

There used to be a great Brooks Brothers store at Ginza, too, in a lovely old building near the Mariage Freres teahouse. However, they shut it down and moved it a short distance away to the Marunouchi area and now it's not nearly as good!
post #42282 of 54698

Can anybody recommend a good place in Melbourne to buy high-quality buttons, made from materials like mother-of-pearl or horn?

post #42283 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Can anybody recommend a good place in Melbourne to buy high-quality buttons, made from materials like mother-of-pearl or horn?

You're not down for buying online? I got these from Hwa Seng Textile and they're great:

http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/U723_MOP_.html
post #42284 of 54698
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


I've been taking what I think are my best photos yet and that's been making me really happy.

Absolutely - the Japan photos on your blog are great, and these two are, IMHO, sensational:

http://gezzaseyes.tumblr.com/post/67950321301/nara-at-sunset

http://gezzaseyes.tumblr.com/post/67950227490/the-journey

The sky, the light, the positioning of the post and the setting sun are fantastic in the first one.

In the second one, I really like the different colours and the softer light. Great work.

I am so raiding Gerry's tumblr for some prints around the new house....
post #42285 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKstar View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I am so raiding Gerry's tumblr for some prints around the new house....

Good idea - then have a night with the Artist and invite him to come in for a little talk and sign some prints (for a fee).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members