or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2802

post #42016 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

POP - over

Touring 2014 - Let it Loose
post #42017 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Touring 2014 - Let it Loose

No thanks. I see enough doddery old men when I visit my mum in the rest home.
post #42018 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

I'm actually listening to 'Emotional Rescue' just this minute...

Don't worry about those deadlines mate - I'll do that over my weekend - you just relax.
post #42019 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

No thanks. I see enough doddery old men when I visit my mum in the rest home.

Or a forum meetup in Melb
post #42020 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Don't worry about those deadlines mate - I'll do that over my weekend - you just relax.
You've heard of Douglas Adams?
post #42021 of 57227
The cricket is looking questionable...
post #42022 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Note how shirt is NOT too tight.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


Not too loose either.


I'm in the process of trying to get the perfect fit, or as close as I can get, are you saying that this is a perfectly fitting shirt?

post #42023 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post




I'm in the process of trying to get the perfect fit, or as close as I can get, are you saying that this is a perfectly fitting shirt?
Nothing is ever perfect in the world of clothing neurosis, but it's getting there.
post #42024 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Note how shirt is NOT too tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Not too loose either.


I'm in the process of trying to get the perfect fit, or as close as I can get, are you saying that this is a perfectly fitting shirt?

Shoulders are too wide for one this is why you have the upper sleeve bunching. Shoulder placement is somewhat of a choice (see neapolitan vs english) however, but thats too wide I think.

His sleeves taper too early and/ or his cuff are too loose causing the lower bunching when he lifted his arms / bent his elbow.

The chest is good.

Waist is within taste could go (slightly!!! <1") slimer if you wanted to but this is hard to tell due to the twisting causing a bad tuck / its a popover...

Armholes look about right.
post #42025 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

And this week seeing its 50 years since a nut with a gun changed history cable TV and SBS has been flooded with doco's about JFK, the roll has been prominently on display along with some exquisite tailoring.

I was watching a cable doco on Sam Giancana.

Never realized he was also doing Monroe at the same time as JFK.

Doco claimed he knew RFK was doing her next (courtesan c 1670?) and had Marilyn wacked with a big dose of Nembutal. He then made sure the love letters from RFK were spread around the room to implicate him and get the heat off his Senate/Racketeering stuff/appearances.

Problem was the Kennedys got wind of her condition got round there quick smart and the Secret Service cleaned up all the incriminating stuff. Advantage Kennedys.

Also interesting was that supposedly Kennedys not only owed Giancana for the 1960 election but apparently old Joe Kennedy had been saved from being whacked in his booze running days by Giancana.

Final interesting quote was when Jack Ruby (aka Jacob Rubinstein) a gangster pal of Giancana's whacked Lee Harvey Oswald. His son claimed on film that Oswald was heard to say "It's Jacob!".

Apparently Ruby had cancer and 6 months to live so was the sacrificial goat for the Mob.

The suggestion was the Mob set Oswald up - hence the comment about "It's Jacob!" ie Oswald was meeting with these individuals during the preparation of the assassination!

Lots of other interesting stuff about his relationship with Cranky Franky Sinatra ...but another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Got my Lands End Chinos and some linen shirt's I had ordered from Luxire, bought two different sizes of chinos as I heard that was the thing to do. One fits very well other too small in the thigh, need to hem mine sometime this weekend. Shirts also came out pretty good- 1 pink linen the other navy.

Good thing about LE returns (free in the USA BTW not here) they only have to go to an address in Mascot Sydney.
post #42026 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post
 

 

Excellent! What colour are the chinos?

 

Though not excellent on getting stacked with work.

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-plain-front-traditional-fit-original-chino-pants/id_225470

I ordered this pair, went for kahki taupe and light beige. The khaki is what you'd assume it to be, the beige is a slightly 'greener' colour.

The beige's fabric seems to also be a touch heavier, I can see why the guys over at FNB buy in bulk their decent quality for the price and if fit is good I wouldn't hesitate.....though I'll be waiting for another big sale two grab a few more (might try one with pleats as most of my non-casual trousers have pleats).

 

BTW Where is the cheapest place to get Sperry's or any other cheapish-priced boat-shoe?

post #42027 of 57227

Sorry guys, last time I'll bring this up but I haven't been able to find an accurate answer yet.

 

Can anyone tell me the Exact difference between PJ Classic and Roma. I seen descriptions saying Classic is 'mostly', 'somewhat' or 'not' hand finished; where Roma is either 'mostly' or 'completely' hand finished.

 

I asked at the time I was there but tbh I had a splitting headache and was already overwhelmed by all the other fabric and construction options.

 

Can anyone here attest to the value of either? anyone own examples of both they could share?

 

 

I ask here instead of Bugging Tom or Pat because

 

a- I find it amazing it hasn't been properly addressed elsewhere and is probably something that a lot of potential customers/lurkers might be wondering about

and

b- I'm starting to get a bit embarrassed by the number of times I've ummed and ahhed about this purchase already.

post #42028 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Got an email from David Jones




RMW boots can be had for cheap

Do they even sell RMW? I was in there on the weekend and besides the usual Rockports etc. All I saw was some really dodgy Loake range and some $700 plastic looking Armanis.

post #42029 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov View Post
 

Sorry guys, last time I'll bring this up but I haven't been able to find an accurate answer yet.

 

Can anyone tell me the Exact difference between PJ Classic and Roma. I seen descriptions saying Classic is 'mostly', 'somewhat' or 'not' hand finished; where Roma is either 'mostly' or 'completely' hand finished.

 

I asked at the time I was there but tbh I had a splitting headache and was already overwhelmed by all the other fabric and construction options.

 

Can anyone here attest to the value of either? anyone own examples of both they could share?

 

 

I ask here instead of Bugging Tom or Pat because

 

a- I find it amazing it hasn't been properly addressed elsewhere and is probably something that a lot of potential customers/lurkers might be wondering about

and

b- I'm starting to get a bit embarrassed by the number of times I've ummed and ahhed about this purchase already.

 

I'm sure Rob will correct me if I am wrong but I believe:

 

PJ classic = (fully) canvassed

PJ Roma = no canvas, unstructured

 

Both are made in their Rome workshop which somewhat adds to the confusion?

post #42030 of 57227
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post
 

 

I'm sure Rob will correct me if I am wrong but I believe:

 

PJ classic = (fully) canvassed

PJ Roma = no canvas, unstructured

 

Both are made in their Rome workshop which somewhat adds to the confusion?

Haha! A completely different answer yet again.

 

So I pay more to get less then? +$350 for -1canvas

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members