or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2759

post #41371 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Interesting - I have the top button done up, but the collar flipped up whilst I tie the tie. When the knot's done, I flip the collar down and make sure the knot is nice and firm.

This is how I do it too.

Re blade length I aim for the main blade to be what I consider about the right length and the tail I don't care if it's long or short
post #41372 of 53409
tumblr_lsxv81zIjm1qbcjkvo1_400.jpg

I like this width
post #41373 of 53409
I'm different. I flip the collar, then put my tie around loose and then flip the collar down (making sure the tie isn't showing at the back) Then button the top button, do my tie up and straighten it up. An old italian tailor I used to work with at Fletcher Jones once told me the flipping the collar down while it's buttoned isn't good for it and I guess I've always just run with it. It probably makes no difference truth be told.
post #41374 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

I'm different. I flip the collar, then put my tie around loose and then flip the collar down (making sure the tie isn't showing at the back) Then button the top button, do my tie up and straighten it up. An old italian tailor I used to work with at Fletcher Jones once told me the flipping the collar down while it's buttoned isn't good for it and I guess I've always just run with it. It probably makes no difference truth be told.

That is exactly what I do...you just explained it a lot better. Folding the collar down when it button just feels a little strained and awkward.
post #41375 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I have the same method as JM. That's what I learnt from dad when he taught me to tie a tie and it works for me.
I flip up, position tie, then flip down, button up and tie the tie. For me, it's common sense as I find that flipping the collar back down after the top button is done up will bend the collar and leave unsightly creases if you don't flip the whole thing down in one go. My collars are usually pretty stiff though so probably not an issue for soft BDs etc.

In other news I've bought shoes, shirts and ties this week, I think I need to join iSurg in a mini "no purchase" club. And better donate some more money to charity to offset my recent selfish expenditure...

Edit: What HC / PS said.
post #41376 of 53409
Never had an issue with creases, etc. PoP, but yeah I think others who do the same do have an issue or they just don't bother to check how their tie and collar is sitting before they leave the house..

I'm gladly accepting Movember donations if you'd like to make good on more charitable donations smile.gif
post #41377 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Searching for some good pinstripe suit pics .. single or double breasted, prefer wide set i.e. 15mm+

Here are a few that I liked.








post #41378 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Never had an issue with creases, etc. PoP, but yeah I think others who do the same do have an issue or they just don't bother to check how their tie and collar is sitting before they leave the house..

I'm gladly accepting Movember donations if you'd like to make good on more charitable donations smile.gif
PM me a link and a progress pic ;-)
post #41379 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I don't know if E.G. Cappelli stocks that tie as part of their normal catalogue, but it's worth having a look at their website (although it will take you quite a while to go through their whole catalogue online).

The Cappelli website has an excellent sale section with ties from (I think) 50 Euros, too. Lots of lovely silk prints, and it's very, very tempting to order some.
Thanks JM. Got onto them via email and he said he can make it. Will probably go for five fold instead of three.
post #41380 of 53409

Anyone heard of Jocent Royal shoes? They do mto for $280 and are goodyear welted. I saw Jared from A Poor Man's Millions wearing them. They seem very cheap for Goodyear welted. 

post #41381 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
 

Out of curiosity, are there any Aussies that wear their tie like this, and not cop questions asking whether it is a mistake?

 

I've stopped caring/noticing where my tie's back blade ends, or which way it's facing.

 

When you start caring less about these things, so do people around you.

 

 

I just make sure the knot is right, and then I move onto more important things in life.

post #41382 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHoffa View Post
 

I did click the link provided. There is a heap of pictures and small inconspicuous white text at the bottom directing to an Ebay listing.

 

It turns out that Ebay listing is on the .com.au site, where as I always use the .com Ebay site.

 

Geez Louise!

 

post #41383 of 53409
Rain Man practically bankrupted a casino and he was a ri-tard..
post #41384 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Rain Man practically bankrupted a casino and he was a ri-tard..

 

"It's not illegal, it's frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane"

 

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal too"


"Pfft, yeah, maybe after 9/11. Where everybody got so sensitive. Thanks a lot, Bin Laden." 

post #41385 of 53409
Just remembering my grandfather - James Henry Boots 18th Division First AIF. Gallipoli Veteran wounded and repatriated from Lone Pine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members