Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2758
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41357 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:03ampost #41358 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:10ampost #41359 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:16ampost #41360 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:18ampost #41361 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:19ampost #41362 of 6030711/10/13 at 3:33ampost #41363 of 6030711/10/13 at 4:18ampost #41364 of 6030711/10/13 at 4:30ampost #41365 of 6030711/10/13 at 4:34amQuote:
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched itpost #41366 of 6030711/10/13 at 4:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ennb
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched it
Thanks, I did the same. Trying to figure out how to order it. I'm in love, and nothing else will do.post #41367 of 6030711/10/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
I don't know if E.G. Cappelli stocks that tie as part of their normal catalogue, but it's worth having a look at their website (although it will take you quite a while to go through their whole catalogue online).
The Cappelli website has an excellent sale section with ties from (I think) 50 Euros, too. Lots of lovely silk prints, and it's very, very tempting to order some.post #41368 of 6030711/10/13 at 12:54pm
Thanks Foxy - that would be the picture I would post too. This image got me thinking about pinstripes for the first time in years.Quote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
That's jhilla, an SF member (with his own Tumblr account).
Yes, his Tumblr is great and from what I hear (#menswear rumours) he is going to manage The Armoury's New York store.Quote:
I wear my tie with the front and back "tails" approx the same length and tend to pull them a little so you can see both blades. Occasionally I turn the back blade (or it turns itself), for example on the Henry Carter Australian Members thread (sometimes the wombat in a top hat is not required). Too be honest I tie it once and as long as it is pretty right leave it at that. Doubt most people would notice or care.
Interestingly (to me at least), I tie my tie differently to all in The Armoury video series. I leave the shirt collar up and top button undone until the very last stages (rather than start with collar down buttoned up).
But I don't spend much time thinking about it...honestly....
PS according to my UPS tracking my Carminas string loafers should arrive in the office today. Exciting....now to get off this tram and go and met Mr Nelson for coffee (running late as always...last minute attempts to make shoes look less in adequately shone).post #41369 of 6030711/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Interesting - I have the top button done up, but the collar flipped up whilst I tie the tie. When the knot's done, I flip the collar down and make sure the knot is nice and firm.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Tailor for summer wedding attire in London? 3 seconds ago
- › WTB: Ebbetts Field Flannels/ Maiden Noir Cap 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...