Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2758
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41357 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:03ampost #41358 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:10ampost #41359 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:16ampost #41360 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:18ampost #41361 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:19ampost #41362 of 6340311/10/13 at 3:33ampost #41363 of 6340311/10/13 at 4:18ampost #41364 of 6340311/10/13 at 4:30ampost #41365 of 6340311/10/13 at 4:34amQuote:
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched itpost #41366 of 6340311/10/13 at 4:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ennb
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched it
Thanks, I did the same. Trying to figure out how to order it. I'm in love, and nothing else will do.post #41367 of 6340311/10/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
I don't know if E.G. Cappelli stocks that tie as part of their normal catalogue, but it's worth having a look at their website (although it will take you quite a while to go through their whole catalogue online).
The Cappelli website has an excellent sale section with ties from (I think) 50 Euros, too. Lots of lovely silk prints, and it's very, very tempting to order some.post #41368 of 6340311/10/13 at 12:54pm
Thanks Foxy - that would be the picture I would post too. This image got me thinking about pinstripes for the first time in years.Quote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
That's jhilla, an SF member (with his own Tumblr account).
Yes, his Tumblr is great and from what I hear (#menswear rumours) he is going to manage The Armoury's New York store.Quote:
I wear my tie with the front and back "tails" approx the same length and tend to pull them a little so you can see both blades. Occasionally I turn the back blade (or it turns itself), for example on the Henry Carter Australian Members thread (sometimes the wombat in a top hat is not required). Too be honest I tie it once and as long as it is pretty right leave it at that. Doubt most people would notice or care.
Interestingly (to me at least), I tie my tie differently to all in The Armoury video series. I leave the shirt collar up and top button undone until the very last stages (rather than start with collar down buttoned up).
But I don't spend much time thinking about it...honestly....
PS according to my UPS tracking my Carminas string loafers should arrive in the office today. Exciting....now to get off this tram and go and met Mr Nelson for coffee (running late as always...last minute attempts to make shoes look less in adequately shone).post #41369 of 6340311/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Interesting - I have the top button done up, but the collar flipped up whilst I tie the tie. When the knot's done, I flip the collar down and make sure the knot is nice and firm.
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 7 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...