Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2758
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41357 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:03ampost #41358 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:10ampost #41359 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:16ampost #41360 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:18ampost #41361 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:19ampost #41362 of 6789211/10/13 at 3:33ampost #41363 of 6789211/10/13 at 4:18ampost #41364 of 6789211/10/13 at 4:30ampost #41365 of 6789211/10/13 at 4:34amQuote:
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched itpost #41366 of 6789211/10/13 at 4:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ennb
E.G. Cappelli for B&Tailor
Reverse image searched it
Thanks, I did the same. Trying to figure out how to order it. I'm in love, and nothing else will do.post #41367 of 6789211/10/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
I don't know if E.G. Cappelli stocks that tie as part of their normal catalogue, but it's worth having a look at their website (although it will take you quite a while to go through their whole catalogue online).
The Cappelli website has an excellent sale section with ties from (I think) 50 Euros, too. Lots of lovely silk prints, and it's very, very tempting to order some.post #41368 of 6789211/10/13 at 12:54pm
Thanks Foxy - that would be the picture I would post too. This image got me thinking about pinstripes for the first time in years.Quote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
That's jhilla, an SF member (with his own Tumblr account).
Yes, his Tumblr is great and from what I hear (#menswear rumours) he is going to manage The Armoury's New York store.Quote:
I wear my tie with the front and back "tails" approx the same length and tend to pull them a little so you can see both blades. Occasionally I turn the back blade (or it turns itself), for example on the Henry Carter Australian Members thread (sometimes the wombat in a top hat is not required). Too be honest I tie it once and as long as it is pretty right leave it at that. Doubt most people would notice or care.
Interestingly (to me at least), I tie my tie differently to all in The Armoury video series. I leave the shirt collar up and top button undone until the very last stages (rather than start with collar down buttoned up).
But I don't spend much time thinking about it...honestly....
PS according to my UPS tracking my Carminas string loafers should arrive in the office today. Exciting....now to get off this tram and go and met Mr Nelson for coffee (running late as always...last minute attempts to make shoes look less in adequately shone).post #41369 of 6789211/10/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Interesting - I have the top button done up, but the collar flipped up whilst I tie the tie. When the knot's done, I flip the collar down and make sure the knot is nice and firm.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 13 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...