Thanks, and yes, Rain last. Just note that the burgundy shell on these are a little duller than the ruby shells. Need a little more work to bring out the shine. Will post more pics in a few days after breaking in and more brushing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2756post #41326 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41327 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
So whether you roll or hang your knits/silks, the difference is negligible?post #41328 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:50pm
Guys there is a carhartt pop up store in galeries victoria, a lot of their japanese selvedge denim jeans are 60-70 bucks down from 200... picked myself up edwin sen for 70, still quite a few sizes available, from 31-34
Other stuff I saw
- tenderloins - fabrics feel incredible, dont know if I like the fit though. Apparently based off 1920's design so super high waisted (almost up to nipples.. almost), and very baggy
- Samples - including the likes of junya watanabe for carhartt jackets... these are 600 though, down from a g note
- lots of non selvedge jeans, levis etc, lots of shirts, backpacks, and shoes
Worth a visit, lots to look at and very good prices - the pop up store is opposite incu, which is a super store in its own rightpost #41329 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41330 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41331 of 6336411/9/13 at 6:59pmpost #41332 of 6336411/9/13 at 7:20pm
haha mate i'll trade you for uniqlo, double monk, christian kimber, H&M, roads that make sense, and the crown as well, and melbourne girls, and some of those coffee places discussed earlier... i just recently change locations but still in cbd, all i want is a strong soy in the morning... $4.90...
The coffee itself is only $1 but if you want it in a cup, as opposed to spilled down the front of your pants, thats an extra $3... soy is 50 cents, extra shot is 50 cents, but because i am a regular, 10 cent discountpost #41333 of 6336411/9/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.post #41334 of 6336411/9/13 at 8:06pmpost #41335 of 6336411/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #41336 of 6336411/9/13 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.
thanks for that, just went to get an exchange 1 size down... lucky they had it, 31x33
they did say that yes, stretch will be an additional 1 to 1.5 inches. Anyway, any smaller and the jeans would go from 'slim' to 'skinny', which I dont like
thanks for the tippost #41337 of 6336411/9/13 at 8:49pmpost #41338 of 6336411/9/13 at 9:16pmpost #41339 of 6336411/9/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Oh mate without cinch for me - but only because the cinch ones were out in my size (only 1 pair left when I was there, 33x32 I think)
At 70 bucks a pop I would have picked up more if they had... because I spend most days in a suit my casual clothing collection is not very good... I have only 1 pair of jeans (well, 2 now)... yeah... i know, its not very good...
PSA continued - Their next stock drop is in a fortnight (pop up store only opened a week ago) so if there's nothing you like today, go back in a couple of weeks in. Will also say the customer service is superb. You're all very welcome, happy to contribute something backpost #41340 of 6336411/9/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
Yes, probably TBM. It has been a while since we have caught up but you are slimmer and less broad (do you even lift!?) than me. Happy to meet if you want to try it.
JimmyHoffa - sorry my posting wasn't all that clear (good to know for next time). But remember, you might have changed your name and gone into hiding by my "associate" "Nice Guy" Gerry can still find you.hahaha
(Thanks for the posts GN).
Next up, a pair of size 10 tan Loake brogues....(that is 10 UK Jimmy...)
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › First adventure in MTM 6 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...