Thanks, and yes, Rain last. Just note that the burgundy shell on these are a little duller than the ruby shells. Need a little more work to bring out the shine. Will post more pics in a few days after breaking in and more brushing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2756post #41326 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41327 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
So whether you roll or hang your knits/silks, the difference is negligible?post #41328 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:50pm
Guys there is a carhartt pop up store in galeries victoria, a lot of their japanese selvedge denim jeans are 60-70 bucks down from 200... picked myself up edwin sen for 70, still quite a few sizes available, from 31-34
Other stuff I saw
- tenderloins - fabrics feel incredible, dont know if I like the fit though. Apparently based off 1920's design so super high waisted (almost up to nipples.. almost), and very baggy
- Samples - including the likes of junya watanabe for carhartt jackets... these are 600 though, down from a g note
- lots of non selvedge jeans, levis etc, lots of shirts, backpacks, and shoes
Worth a visit, lots to look at and very good prices - the pop up store is opposite incu, which is a super store in its own rightpost #41329 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41330 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41331 of 5470811/9/13 at 6:59pmpost #41332 of 5470811/9/13 at 7:20pm
haha mate i'll trade you for uniqlo, double monk, christian kimber, H&M, roads that make sense, and the crown as well, and melbourne girls, and some of those coffee places discussed earlier... i just recently change locations but still in cbd, all i want is a strong soy in the morning... $4.90...
The coffee itself is only $1 but if you want it in a cup, as opposed to spilled down the front of your pants, thats an extra $3... soy is 50 cents, extra shot is 50 cents, but because i am a regular, 10 cent discountpost #41333 of 5470811/9/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.post #41334 of 5470811/9/13 at 8:06pmpost #41335 of 5470811/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #41336 of 5470811/9/13 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.
thanks for that, just went to get an exchange 1 size down... lucky they had it, 31x33
they did say that yes, stretch will be an additional 1 to 1.5 inches. Anyway, any smaller and the jeans would go from 'slim' to 'skinny', which I dont like
thanks for the tippost #41337 of 5470811/9/13 at 8:49pmpost #41338 of 5470811/9/13 at 9:16pmpost #41339 of 5470811/9/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Oh mate without cinch for me - but only because the cinch ones were out in my size (only 1 pair left when I was there, 33x32 I think)
At 70 bucks a pop I would have picked up more if they had... because I spend most days in a suit my casual clothing collection is not very good... I have only 1 pair of jeans (well, 2 now)... yeah... i know, its not very good...
PSA continued - Their next stock drop is in a fortnight (pop up store only opened a week ago) so if there's nothing you like today, go back in a couple of weeks in. Will also say the customer service is superb. You're all very welcome, happy to contribute something backpost #41340 of 5470811/9/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
Yes, probably TBM. It has been a while since we have caught up but you are slimmer and less broad (do you even lift!?) than me. Happy to meet if you want to try it.
JimmyHoffa - sorry my posting wasn't all that clear (good to know for next time). But remember, you might have changed your name and gone into hiding by my "associate" "Nice Guy" Gerry can still find you.hahaha
(Thanks for the posts GN).
Next up, a pair of size 10 tan Loake brogues....(that is 10 UK Jimmy...)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 seconds ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Sole Welting 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)