Thanks, and yes, Rain last. Just note that the burgundy shell on these are a little duller than the ruby shells. Need a little more work to bring out the shine. Will post more pics in a few days after breaking in and more brushing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2756post #41326 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41327 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
So whether you roll or hang your knits/silks, the difference is negligible?post #41328 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:50pm
Guys there is a carhartt pop up store in galeries victoria, a lot of their japanese selvedge denim jeans are 60-70 bucks down from 200... picked myself up edwin sen for 70, still quite a few sizes available, from 31-34
Other stuff I saw
- tenderloins - fabrics feel incredible, dont know if I like the fit though. Apparently based off 1920's design so super high waisted (almost up to nipples.. almost), and very baggy
- Samples - including the likes of junya watanabe for carhartt jackets... these are 600 though, down from a g note
- lots of non selvedge jeans, levis etc, lots of shirts, backpacks, and shoes
Worth a visit, lots to look at and very good prices - the pop up store is opposite incu, which is a super store in its own rightpost #41329 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41330 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:57pmpost #41331 of 6794611/9/13 at 6:59pmpost #41332 of 6794611/9/13 at 7:20pm
haha mate i'll trade you for uniqlo, double monk, christian kimber, H&M, roads that make sense, and the crown as well, and melbourne girls, and some of those coffee places discussed earlier... i just recently change locations but still in cbd, all i want is a strong soy in the morning... $4.90...
The coffee itself is only $1 but if you want it in a cup, as opposed to spilled down the front of your pants, thats an extra $3... soy is 50 cents, extra shot is 50 cents, but because i am a regular, 10 cent discountpost #41333 of 6794611/9/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.post #41334 of 6794611/9/13 at 8:06pmX-post - Shot from the wedding yesterday with the bride and my daughter. Both looking at another camera while I stand there. Wearing the new peach linen blend, white kamakura cutaway collar, Henry Carter Irish linen ps and Herringbone Sydney suit. Feeling a bit dusty today.post #41335 of 6794611/9/13 at 8:07pmpost #41336 of 6794611/9/13 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by DartagnanRed
Be careful with the Edwin sen. I own a pair and like them, but wow do they expand in the waist. My pair is probably a good 1 and a half to 2 sizes too loose in the waist after purchasing. You should really size down a full size, even if it seems extremely tight as it will stretch big time.
thanks for that, just went to get an exchange 1 size down... lucky they had it, 31x33
they did say that yes, stretch will be an additional 1 to 1.5 inches. Anyway, any smaller and the jeans would go from 'slim' to 'skinny', which I dont like
thanks for the tippost #41337 of 6794611/9/13 at 8:49pmpost #41338 of 6794611/9/13 at 9:16pmpost #41339 of 6794611/9/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Oh mate without cinch for me - but only because the cinch ones were out in my size (only 1 pair left when I was there, 33x32 I think)
At 70 bucks a pop I would have picked up more if they had... because I spend most days in a suit my casual clothing collection is not very good... I have only 1 pair of jeans (well, 2 now)... yeah... i know, its not very good...
PSA continued - Their next stock drop is in a fortnight (pop up store only opened a week ago) so if there's nothing you like today, go back in a couple of weeks in. Will also say the customer service is superb. You're all very welcome, happy to contribute something backpost #41340 of 6794611/9/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
Yes, probably TBM. It has been a while since we have caught up but you are slimmer and less broad (do you even lift!?) than me. Happy to meet if you want to try it.
JimmyHoffa - sorry my posting wasn't all that clear (good to know for next time). But remember, you might have changed your name and gone into hiding by my "associate" "Nice Guy" Gerry can still find you.hahaha
(Thanks for the posts GN).
Next up, a pair of size 10 tan Loake brogues....(that is 10 UK Jimmy...)
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Briefcase porn thread 27 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?