or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 273

post #4081 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
Is there a Bozzoni down Lt Collins as well? I remember walking past a dodgy looking place that sell 'marked down' shirts every time I made my way to Le Petit Gateau.
I know the place you mean, it's a few doors down from my office. Not another Bozzoni I don't think, appear to be on a different level of dodginess altogether (although to be fair they seem to have no pretensions to quality, just selling cheap Van Heusen runouts and such like).
post #4082 of 52334
with the recent love for JohnLobb lately i thought i share my recent thrift find

Was only 12 dollars
LL
post #4083 of 52334
How do they fit?
post #4084 of 52334
pretty good - the length is just right - but ive worn them a few times and whenever i walk in them the part just before my toes always hurts. I think its because the shoe pushes into that area? Im not sure if this is normal seeing as these are my first real good shoes.
post #4085 of 52334
John Lobbs for $12?! Now that's a find!
post #4086 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnstupid View Post
pretty good - the length is just right - but ive worn them a few times and whenever i walk in them the part just before my toes always hurts. I think its because the shoe pushes into that area? Im not sure if this is normal seeing as these are my first real good shoes.
My pair of captoes does that to me too. I have to wiggle a bit and jiggle my shoe laces a bit to find that right tightness and sweet spot and all is good. And only on my right foot. The left foot is fine. So its more the shoe not fitting as well as could have hoped.
post #4087 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnstupid View Post
with the recent love for JohnLobb lately i thought i share my recent thrift find

Was only 12 dollars

Congrats! Now time for a huge big drink of leather conditioner for those beauties mate...I little stretch from your friendly cobbler on the troublesome shoe may help the other problem.
post #4088 of 52334
Btw, I have a Panerai watch FS in Sydney if anyone has a new Panerai itch. PAM111M, only half a year old. I'm asking for AU$4,500 (RRP in Sydney ADs Hour Glass or JFarren is $5,800 and they don't give discounts off RRP ) Please see more details in my thread in: FS: Other http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=4408241
post #4089 of 52334
I'm not sure if this is the same problem that youngnstupid has but it is similar. I find on a lot of shoes when I'm putting my weight on the ball of my foot and the shoe is bending the creases across the vamp hit the top of my foot. This is quite uncomfortable so I've never bought shoes that have this when I try them on but I've never known the exact cause of this problem. Does anyone else experience it? Is it something in particular that I can know to avoid or how to fix?
post #4090 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbosaurus View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same problem that youngnstupid has but it is similar. I find on a lot of shoes when I'm putting my weight on the ball of my foot and the shoe is bending the creases across the vamp hit the top of my foot. This is quite uncomfortable so I've never bought shoes that have this when I try them on but I've never known the exact cause of this problem. Does anyone else experience it? Is it something in particular that I can know to avoid or how to fix?

I had this on a pair of Grensons, the fold was right on the seam of the cap-toe and rest of the upper. They gave me blisters there and were still doing it after being broken in so I flipped them.
post #4091 of 52334
^ Seems like captoes are just not for everyone.
post #4092 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
^ Seems like captoes are just not for everyone.
As an owner of several brands of well fitting captoes, I have to say it was only this variation of Grensons that annoyed me. I have seen others wearing the same shoe and I assume they have no issues.
post #4093 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbosaurus View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same problem that youngnstupid has but it is similar. I find on a lot of shoes when I'm putting my weight on the ball of my foot and the shoe is bending the creases across the vamp hit the top of my foot. This is quite uncomfortable so I've never bought shoes that have this when I try them on but I've never known the exact cause of this problem. Does anyone else experience it? Is it something in particular that I can know to avoid or how to fix?

Hi arch/high instep. You will just have to try the right shoes until you find the appropriate ones and continue buying those. Issues such as the lacing will factor into any purchase as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post
I had this on a pair of Grensons, the fold was right on the seam of the cap-toe and rest of the upper. They gave me blisters there and were still doing it after being broken in so I flipped them.

You needed to go up half a size.
post #4094 of 52334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post
Meeting Stuart this Friday in Melbourne. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers jessis.

Ryan, how did this meeting go?
post #4095 of 52334
Has anyone seen the three page spread in the Sydney Magazine today? I thought the Andrew McDonald, well actually I would rather not say. They had a photo of the Chetwynd priced at $794 pointed this out to the wife and that at Herrings with shipping cost is $508 Australian. But the ones that grabbed me were the Grenson Dylan which got the pulse racing I must admit were $420 local and with shipping only $267. Does anyone were Grenson? If so would they recommend them? Any comments would be appreciated. I like spreads like these they make ordering shoes online such a pleasure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members