My favourite pleasure I'm finding these days is stopping for a coffee. I love trying new places. The best coffee I've had so far is at a place called Oscar Mike right next to glenferrie station.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2704post #40546 of 6792410/29/13 at 4:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40547 of 6792410/29/13 at 4:52ampost #40548 of 6792410/29/13 at 4:59ampost #40549 of 6792410/29/13 at 5:03ampost #40550 of 6792410/29/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I think it varies. Where did you go?
Not all Melbourne coffee is good coffee.post #40551 of 6792410/29/13 at 5:16ampost #40552 of 6792410/29/13 at 5:26ampost #40553 of 6792410/29/13 at 1:40pmOn jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.post #40554 of 6792410/29/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.
Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.
Thanks for the information fxh. I know oil is the worst but I will do what I can. Pretty sure I put protector on these last time I clean them (but that was a few months back...).
I know Christian thinks suede looks better beaten in but a small oil stain on light snuff stands out a bit too much.
Will do what I can.Quote:
Yes, Tall Timber is a great shout too.
For me Dukes and Tall Timber are the best in the area (both five minutes walk from Wooten). Dukes is about 30 seconds from PJs.
Both might have a little wait on a Saturday morning, but it has never been more than 5-10 minutes for me.
Enjoy!post #40555 of 6792410/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #40556 of 6792410/29/13 at 2:29pmpost #40557 of 6792410/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
On jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.
True, I tried to cheap out this year with singlets and got the kmart house brand and they stretched like hell, back to bonds now.post #40558 of 6792410/29/13 at 2:57pmpost #40559 of 6792410/29/13 at 3:28pmpost #40560 of 6792410/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Bresciani > Sozzi imho.
On jocks, I think it's true that once people find a brand they like they stick to it for years. Personally, I seek out Oroton and CK (both only when on sale).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Currently, there are 1202 Active Users (208 Members and 994 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...