My favourite pleasure I'm finding these days is stopping for a coffee. I love trying new places. The best coffee I've had so far is at a place called Oscar Mike right next to glenferrie station.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2704post #40546 of 6794610/29/13 at 4:50ampost #40547 of 6794610/29/13 at 4:52ampost #40548 of 6794610/29/13 at 4:59ampost #40549 of 6794610/29/13 at 5:03amAt risk of drawing fire, I was a little underwhelmed by the coffee last time I was in Melbourne. Not sure if the damp killing my sinuses (and hence sense of smell) was to blame, but I wasn't all that blown away!post #40550 of 6794610/29/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I think it varies. Where did you go?
Not all Melbourne coffee is good coffee.post #40551 of 6794610/29/13 at 5:16ampost #40552 of 6794610/29/13 at 5:26ampost #40553 of 6794610/29/13 at 1:40pmOn jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.post #40554 of 6794610/29/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.
Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.
Thanks for the information fxh. I know oil is the worst but I will do what I can. Pretty sure I put protector on these last time I clean them (but that was a few months back...).
I know Christian thinks suede looks better beaten in but a small oil stain on light snuff stands out a bit too much.
Will do what I can.Quote:
Yes, Tall Timber is a great shout too.
For me Dukes and Tall Timber are the best in the area (both five minutes walk from Wooten). Dukes is about 30 seconds from PJs.
Both might have a little wait on a Saturday morning, but it has never been more than 5-10 minutes for me.
Enjoy!post #40555 of 6794610/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #40556 of 6794610/29/13 at 2:29pmpost #40557 of 6794610/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
On jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.
True, I tried to cheap out this year with singlets and got the kmart house brand and they stretched like hell, back to bonds now.post #40558 of 6794610/29/13 at 2:57pmpost #40559 of 6794610/29/13 at 3:28pm
Anyone ever had a belt shortened/cut if so where do you get that done? In my ongoing 5 year mission to find some descent formal belts I was looking at Carmina. Betty came back and said the calf belts I enquired about can be 'easily cut' anyone had experience with this?post #40560 of 6794610/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Bresciani > Sozzi imho.
On jocks, I think it's true that once people find a brand they like they stick to it for years. Personally, I seek out Oroton and CK (both only when on sale).
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Sutory Mantellassi Shoes - New in Box 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Tailored results 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...