My favourite pleasure I'm finding these days is stopping for a coffee. I love trying new places. The best coffee I've had so far is at a place called Oscar Mike right next to glenferrie station.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2704post #40546 of 6041210/29/13 at 4:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40547 of 6041210/29/13 at 4:52ampost #40548 of 6041210/29/13 at 4:59ampost #40549 of 6041210/29/13 at 5:03ampost #40550 of 6041210/29/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I think it varies. Where did you go?
Not all Melbourne coffee is good coffee.post #40551 of 6041210/29/13 at 5:16ampost #40552 of 6041210/29/13 at 5:26ampost #40553 of 6041210/29/13 at 1:40pmOn jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.post #40554 of 6041210/29/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.
Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.
Thanks for the information fxh. I know oil is the worst but I will do what I can. Pretty sure I put protector on these last time I clean them (but that was a few months back...).
I know Christian thinks suede looks better beaten in but a small oil stain on light snuff stands out a bit too much.
Will do what I can.Quote:
Yes, Tall Timber is a great shout too.
For me Dukes and Tall Timber are the best in the area (both five minutes walk from Wooten). Dukes is about 30 seconds from PJs.
Both might have a little wait on a Saturday morning, but it has never been more than 5-10 minutes for me.
Enjoy!post #40555 of 6041210/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #40556 of 6041210/29/13 at 2:29pmpost #40557 of 6041210/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
On jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.
True, I tried to cheap out this year with singlets and got the kmart house brand and they stretched like hell, back to bonds now.post #40558 of 6041210/29/13 at 2:57pmpost #40559 of 6041210/29/13 at 3:28pmpost #40560 of 6041210/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Bresciani > Sozzi imho.
On jocks, I think it's true that once people find a brand they like they stick to it for years. Personally, I seek out Oroton and CK (both only when on sale).
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1401 Active Users (327 Members and 1074 Guests)
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone with diet and exercise ideas for IBS Sufferers? 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Are 3/4 sleeve shirts popular in America and Europe? 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...