My favourite pleasure I'm finding these days is stopping for a coffee. I love trying new places. The best coffee I've had so far is at a place called Oscar Mike right next to glenferrie station.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2704post #40546 of 5347910/29/13 at 4:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40547 of 5347910/29/13 at 4:52ampost #40548 of 5347910/29/13 at 4:59ampost #40549 of 5347910/29/13 at 5:03ampost #40550 of 5347910/29/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I think it varies. Where did you go?
Not all Melbourne coffee is good coffee.post #40551 of 5347910/29/13 at 5:16ampost #40552 of 5347910/29/13 at 5:26ampost #40553 of 5347910/29/13 at 1:40pmOn jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.post #40554 of 5347910/29/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.
Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.
Thanks for the information fxh. I know oil is the worst but I will do what I can. Pretty sure I put protector on these last time I clean them (but that was a few months back...).
I know Christian thinks suede looks better beaten in but a small oil stain on light snuff stands out a bit too much.
Will do what I can.Quote:
Yes, Tall Timber is a great shout too.
For me Dukes and Tall Timber are the best in the area (both five minutes walk from Wooten). Dukes is about 30 seconds from PJs.
Both might have a little wait on a Saturday morning, but it has never been more than 5-10 minutes for me.
Enjoy!post #40555 of 5347910/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #40556 of 5347910/29/13 at 2:29pmpost #40557 of 5347910/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
On jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.
True, I tried to cheap out this year with singlets and got the kmart house brand and they stretched like hell, back to bonds now.post #40558 of 5347910/29/13 at 2:57pmpost #40559 of 5347910/29/13 at 3:28pmpost #40560 of 5347910/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Bresciani > Sozzi imho.
On jocks, I think it's true that once people find a brand they like they stick to it for years. Personally, I seek out Oroton and CK (both only when on sale).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1930 Active Users (407 Members and 1523 Guests)
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › (FS) $$PRICE DROP$$ Florsheim by Duckie Brown RARE Horween Whiskey... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › WTB Briefcase (Brown or Tan) 9 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)