My favourite pleasure I'm finding these days is stopping for a coffee. I love trying new places. The best coffee I've had so far is at a place called Oscar Mike right next to glenferrie station.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2704post #40546 of 6205410/29/13 at 4:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40547 of 6205410/29/13 at 4:52ampost #40548 of 6205410/29/13 at 4:59ampost #40549 of 6205410/29/13 at 5:03ampost #40550 of 6205410/29/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I think it varies. Where did you go?
Not all Melbourne coffee is good coffee.post #40551 of 6205410/29/13 at 5:16ampost #40552 of 6205410/29/13 at 5:26ampost #40553 of 6205410/29/13 at 1:40pmOn jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.post #40554 of 6205410/29/13 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I don't think I'd use my method of "care" on anything too nice. Although its pretty amazing what you can do to suede.
Oil on suede is another problem depending how much its been absorbed. The problem is also that you have to wet the whole shoe surface other wise it doesn't look evenly coloured etc. I'd usually look up my fav cleaning person Shannon Lush in one of her books. Oil spots, BBQs or cooking, or some dick dropping their mayonnaise on them is a good reason to use a spray on protector. Stops oil soaking in. Water by itself isn't a big problem with suede - oil is. The reason to lather up with soap - ideally on good stuff I use Baby Shampoo - is to get lather to wash out dirt and grit when you rinse it off each time.
Thanks for the information fxh. I know oil is the worst but I will do what I can. Pretty sure I put protector on these last time I clean them (but that was a few months back...).
I know Christian thinks suede looks better beaten in but a small oil stain on light snuff stands out a bit too much.
Will do what I can.Quote:
Yes, Tall Timber is a great shout too.
For me Dukes and Tall Timber are the best in the area (both five minutes walk from Wooten). Dukes is about 30 seconds from PJs.
Both might have a little wait on a Saturday morning, but it has never been more than 5-10 minutes for me.
Enjoy!post #40555 of 6205410/29/13 at 2:28pmpost #40556 of 6205410/29/13 at 2:29pmpost #40557 of 6205410/29/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
On jocks and wife beaters, they are one product that once you find the right fit you tend to stay with them, that is until some better living by design fool decides they need to be improved eg change colours, fabric ect.
In terms of buying them all the major stores tend to have them on sale at various competing times so it's one product you should never have to pay full price, what ever that was or is, for them.
True, I tried to cheap out this year with singlets and got the kmart house brand and they stretched like hell, back to bonds now.post #40558 of 6205410/29/13 at 2:57pmpost #40559 of 6205410/29/13 at 3:28pmpost #40560 of 6205410/29/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Bresciani > Sozzi imho.
On jocks, I think it's true that once people find a brand they like they stick to it for years. Personally, I seek out Oroton and CK (both only when on sale).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Currently, there are 1123 Active Users (186 Members and 937 Guests)
- › love quotes to get your boyfriend back +91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › vashikaran baba ji +91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › vashikaran mantra specialist baba+91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › love quotes to get a girl back +91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › black magic get love back +91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › mantra to get back my lost love +91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › get your man back+91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › how to get your love back spells+91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › get your love back by black magic +91-9680462195 3 minutes ago
- › get your love back by astrology +91-9680462195 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan