or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2694

post #40396 of 53831
I know Gerry's favourite...

Kiss the boot!
Of shiny, cordovan leather,
Kiss the boot!
Now say cheeese for me....


On a serious note, if I had to pick two What Goes On and Rock & Roll would be my choice from what is nothing short of an amazing backcatalog.

What saddens me is, as geniuses like Lou Reed pass on to the great opium den in the sky, we are left with Justin Bieber and One Direction. #slitmywrists
post #40397 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev0 View Post

Gents, new to the sartorial journey and looking for recommendations for a tailor in Sydney CBD (preferably close to the Circular Quay / Rocks area). 

Also (and this may be a silly question), will your tailor provide you with your measurements as a standard part of the service? I've been obsessing over Epaulet chinos but don't want to take the risk ordering based solely on waist measurements.

Given your location I would recommend M&R Tailors. He's got the skills. Be open to his suggestions, but firm in what you want. For example if I let him he finishes all my trousers an inch too short and then shows me a picture of a sock-less Italian as justification. Also, always call up the day before you collect in case he's forgotten.

I hope the above hasn't made him sound bad. He really is very good and is a tailor not an alterations guy. I'm sure he would be fine giving you measurements for the Epaulets.

p.s. welcome to the forum!
post #40398 of 53831
If there's one thing I learnt from my observations is that there is a fine line between dressing well and dressing very poorly. Both in casual and classic menswear.
post #40399 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Got anything for penis enlargement pills?

LOL just sent a PM with details.
post #40400 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

They know divorce laws these days bro. 

Go one of those blow up ones.
I had one of those once. Had to send it back. It was faulty. Must have had a leak. Every time I blew it up it went down on me.
post #40401 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I had one of those once. Had to send it back. It was faulty. Must have had a leak. Every time I blew it up it went down on me.

Boom boom!
post #40402 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

I get a lot of email offering Russian brides at very competitive prices send me a PM and I'll get you on their mailing list.

Why wait? There are a tonne of girls on the internet in his suburb looking for some fun wink.gif

On a different topic. I've noticed a couple new moles growing on my face. What do you guys do for general skin care?
Edited by Nolvadex - 10/27/13 at 5:22pm
post #40403 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

Why wait? There are a tonne of girls on the internet in his suburb looking for some fun wink.gif

On a different topic. I've noticed a couple new moles growing on my face. What do you guys do for general skin care?

I thought you said you were going to change the subject?
post #40404 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

I thought you said you were going to change the subject?

lol8[1].gif
post #40405 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

I know Gerry's favourite...

Kiss the boot!
Of shiny, cordovan leather,
Kiss the boot!
Now say cheeese for me....

 

 

My raison d'etre ...

 

 

post #40406 of 53831
Nice chukkas.

Oli got a bit of stick over minimising his shoe collection but in truth I have a similar collection and a will to not go overboard. Only I add brogues to the mix.

I was at Katrinas this morning getting jacket sleeves shortened and I had to be firm to get the sleeve where I wanted it. "Are you sure?" "Yes!"
The boy in there didn't realise this was my second go with them on the jacket so naturally I had to be.
post #40407 of 53831
I went to Sam's down in docklands. We super impressed. He is excellent.
post #40408 of 53831

Anyone got any recommendations for where to purchase a good black or brown leather belt online?  mainly for wear with suits/trousers, preferably under $100 per belt would be good

 

Cheers in advance,

post #40409 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Anyone got any recommendations for where to purchase a good black or brown leather belt online?  mainly for wear with suits/trousers, preferably under $100 per belt would be good

Cheers in advance,
Do you need it asap? I cannot recommend Equus enough. They are absolutely fantastic. I have five of their belts. They make them to your size. They take about a three weeks from when you order it to receiving it though, which is the only real downside, but that's MTM for you.
post #40410 of 53831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

I went to Sam's down in docklands. We super impressed. He is excellent.

Yep, I would probably not bother going anywhere else. He's right over the road from my office and he turns almost everything around same-day. Plus he loves his work; he's as keen on the op shop stuff I bring in as I am.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members