or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2685

post #40261 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Yeah, he gets the size right half the time.

Nice
post #40262 of 53449
Someone was after chukkas?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/tricker%E2%80%99s-aldo-style-chukka-boots-for-men~p~3498x/?filterString=shoes~d~4/newproducts~21/mens-footwear~d~11/&colorFamily=03&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-PV3kG327uGR52h8A7qZM.A&utm_source=api.shopstyle.com&utm_medium=Affiliate_LinkShare&utm_campaign=Affiliate&codes-processed=true

Discount with this code I think: SFBTD10413
post #40263 of 53449
On another note (small word play) I have become obsessed, earworm etc, in the last week with Charles & Eddie "Would I lie to You". But I haven't got a lossless version and can't find one. I want to listen on the good speakers to see if its as rich as I imagine but I'm stuck with crappy MP3s. Anyone got a source? Or is it thin and compressed and not worth the effort?
post #40264 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I'd much rather swap a few decent recipes than talk watches. ( Not that theres anything wrong ...)
If people must post pictures of the inner guts of watches could they use the spoiler tag or post thumbnails.

I just started The Coat Route. Australian connection - John Cutler and about clothes, expensive things and craftwork*.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
In today’s world of fast fashion, is there a place for a handcrafted $50,000 coat?

To answer that question, Meg Noonan unravels the story of the coat’s provenance. Her journey takes readers to the Sydney studio of John Cutler, a fourth-generation tailor who works magic with scissors and thread; to the remote mountains of Peru, where villagers shear vicunas (a rare animal known for its soft fleece); to the fabulous Florence headquarters of Stefano Ricci, the world’s greatest silk designer; to the esteemed French textile company Dormeuil; to the English button factory that makes products out of Indian buffalo horn; and to the workshop of the engraver who made the 18-carat gold plaque that sits inside the collar.

These individual artisans and family-owned companies are part of the rich tapestry of bespoke tailoring, which began in 17th-century London. They have stood against the tide of mass consumerism, but their dedication to their craft is about more than maintaining tradition; they have found increasing reason to believe that their way is best — for customers, for the environment, and for the workers involved.

Fascinating, surprising, and entertaining, The Coat Route is a timely love song to things of lasting value in our disposable culture.
* Not that Kraftwerk

Picked that up a while back on CD's recommendation great book.

As for recipe's after 20 years years of professional cooking there is not much I don't know (Christ I am modest) all this talk of curry prompts me to recommend India Cookbook by Pushpesh Pant I was initially taught Indian by an ex Hari Krishna 35 years ago, love it eat it at least twice a week, with no ring of fire afterwards.

And Kraftwerk wads great show at the Opera House earlier this year
post #40265 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I just started The Coat Route. Australian connection - John Cutler and about clothes, expensive things and craftwork*.

* Not that Kraftwerk

I think that CD read that and enjoyed it a while back.
post #40266 of 53449
Quote:

 

Thanks mate. I think for me the first and most important thing is getting the fit right. I've bought a fair few pairs of shoes online and all they do is hurt, end up being a waste of money. If I knew my Trickers size and fit though, that would be a good buy

post #40267 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


Yeah, he gets the size right half the time.

 

:crackup:

 

you and TBM would be a cracker of a show

post #40268 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthaveknow View Post

Thanks mate. I think for me the first and most important thing is getting the fit right. I've bought a fair few pairs of shoes online and all they do is hurt, end up being a waste of money. If I knew my Trickers size and fit though, that would be a good buy

No worries. FWIW if you are in Melbourne I think Henry Bucks/Beggar Man Thief had some trickers. Beggar Man Thief has a stall at the Sth Melbourne market as well with discounted shoes, you might pick a Grenson with them.
post #40269 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Yeah, he gets the size right half the time.

Haha.... Ernesto that joke was immortal!
post #40270 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

you and TBM would be a cracker of a show
Please don't encourage them.
post #40271 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


No worries. FWIW if you are in Melbourne I think Henry Bucks/Beggar Man Thief had some trickers. Beggar Man Thief has a stall at the Sth Melbourne market as well with discounted shoes, you might pick a Grenson with them.

 

Yeah... in Sydney unfortunately...so can't try them on... another disadvantage to add to the list, which reads:

- Melb ppl are nicer

- Melb girls are nicer

- Melb girls are nicer

Melb weather I like, because I'm half kiwi

- BUT.. Sydney fishing is better than Melb. so not moving

 

I don't want to start no flame wars but just have to post this BECAUSE ITS TRUUUUUUUUEEEEE

 

post #40272 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthaveknow View Post
 

- Melb girls are nicer

 

- Sydney fishing is better than Melb. 

 

Conclusion: Melb girls are more difficult to get? 

post #40273 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
 

But surely the boots are the superior footwear, as the primary and original function of footwear (which dates back much further than wristwatches) is to protect your feet. Therefore, according to your argument all other footwear is objectively inferior.

 

Points for trying though.


Actually mate, the original argument was that mechanical watches keep time worse than modern digital watches. Do the Lobbs cover your feet worse than Aquilas? 

Points for trying, though.

post #40274 of 53449

post #40275 of 53449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I think that CD read that and enjoyed it a while back.

I did. Enjoyed it immensely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members