Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2669post #40021 of 6794610/22/13 at 2:40ampost #40022 of 6794610/22/13 at 2:48ampost #40023 of 6794610/22/13 at 2:55ampost #40024 of 6794610/22/13 at 3:51amQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
2nd fitting from Perkal Bros, should be finished by the end of next week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Much nicer than the original white ones you were going to get.
One word of advice - I'd get a proper sole or TOPY on the bottom - that finish there won't wear well and looks a bit unfinished if someone sees it on the train.post #40025 of 6794610/22/13 at 3:59ampost #40026 of 6794610/22/13 at 4:15ampost #40027 of 6794610/22/13 at 4:23ampost #40028 of 6794610/22/13 at 4:25amOn the watch thing, sentimental value is what keeps my Raymond Weil at the forefront. It was a 10th wedding anniversary present (we got matching watches) which makes it more than 20 years old. In all that time, apart from batteries, I've had to buy three watch bands and have it serviced once.post #40029 of 6794610/22/13 at 4:48ampost #40030 of 6794610/22/13 at 5:32ampost #40031 of 6794610/22/13 at 5:58am
All this talk of watches is making me sad.
I bought the easyreader with the brown band and red second hand, as I thought that it would be more conservative to buy a watch and wear it outright than order a special band.
But it seems that its visually more conservative to go the plain easyreader and fit it with a brown nato strap.
Its not easy being conservativepost #40032 of 6794610/22/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I have the money to afford a Timex Weekender for more casual situations but still being a student, might have to wait a few more years until I can invest in the good stuff like the JLC Ultra Thin or Rolex.
Any recommendations now for a nice dress watch to pair with my brown wingtip/black oxford rotation for internship work?Quote:
Could I recommend some of these 'under the radar' brands (in order of preference and reason below):
- Stowa - Probably the best value German brand in the entry tier. All movements are regulated ETA, which means that yes, the movements are not exclusive, but they are time proven workhorse swiss movements. Highly, doubly recommended. Starts at 500 EUR, worth every dollar, with a range to choose from - marine for dressy, flieger for... well aviator style I guess and Ikarus if you like that dial colour. Seriously TOP recommendation
- Seiko alpinist - Seiko is one of those brands that people don't really realise, their high end is at least as good as any swiss brand, including Rolex. The Alpinist is a special part of the Seiko range, and has 3 models. This is THE watch to go with a brown leather strap, I think its about half a grand from memory.
- Seiko 5 - I second Gerry Nelson's recommendation. The only thing is, I'd say have a good look because there's a multitude of models out there. At least check out Seiyajapan's range. No affiliation to the store, but they might have some exclusive models and ship from Japan. The other thing is, a lot of jewelry stores have these, so have a good look around.
- Archimede and Steinhart - As TehBunny said, excellent looking fliegers from archimede but I have not had personal experience with them. Steinharts are excellent value but they have had their QC issues...
- Longines Legend Diver - not a brand but a specific watch. Its just a bit over a grand but this watch has heritage, and is one of the only ones that that really crosses dress and sport territories.Quote:
Awesome - Nomos is a classy choice. Another one of those that will impress people in the know, and people not in the know alike.Quote:
Mate, if I had to choose between my oris, with its decade of memories, or my much more expensive rolex with no memeories, I'd choose the oris. So definitely understand where you're coming fromQuote:Originally Posted by andrewjamesdean
I'm lusting after a IWC mark xvi and have been for quite a while, I'm turning 30 next year so have dropped more than a few hints in front of wife. The hints will get progressively overt as May gets closer. The new black/blue Rolex GMT has popped up recently which looks incredible, but not sure I want to bump the IWC in favour of it just yet.
I'm currently wearing a Planet Ocean 8500 which I love and have a Speedy Pro, so I'm not wanting in my current state.
Also to the guy that said he has a JLC Ultra Thin but isn't a watch guy - you are most definitely a watch guy, embrace it!! And I don't mean a watch guy In a snobby way, I'm just not sure there are many people rocking a JLC that don't take a keen interest in all things horological.
Mate I saw the rolex dual colour GMT... One thing I'd say - I had trouble matching the blue! My bday is in may too... hmmm....post #40033 of 6794610/22/13 at 6:12ampost #40034 of 6794610/22/13 at 7:09ampost #40035 of 6794610/22/13 at 3:20pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › things that are making you happy 30 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 47 seconds ago
- › Bespoke suit from Savile Row London - A structured process to... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding