Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2669
Styleforum Top Picks
2nd fitting from Perkal Bros, should be finished by the end of next week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Much nicer than the original white ones you were going to get.
One word of advice - I'd get a proper sole or TOPY on the bottom - that finish there won't wear well and looks a bit unfinished if someone sees it on the train.
All this talk of watches is making me sad.
I bought the easyreader with the brown band and red second hand, as I thought that it would be more conservative to buy a watch and wear it outright than order a special band.
But it seems that its visually more conservative to go the plain easyreader and fit it with a brown nato strap.
Its not easy being conservative
I have the money to afford a Timex Weekender for more casual situations but still being a student, might have to wait a few more years until I can invest in the good stuff like the JLC Ultra Thin or Rolex.
Any recommendations now for a nice dress watch to pair with my brown wingtip/black oxford rotation for internship work?
Could I recommend some of these 'under the radar' brands (in order of preference and reason below):
- Stowa - Probably the best value German brand in the entry tier. All movements are regulated ETA, which means that yes, the movements are not exclusive, but they are time proven workhorse swiss movements. Highly, doubly recommended. Starts at 500 EUR, worth every dollar, with a range to choose from - marine for dressy, flieger for... well aviator style I guess and Ikarus if you like that dial colour. Seriously TOP recommendation
- Seiko alpinist - Seiko is one of those brands that people don't really realise, their high end is at least as good as any swiss brand, including Rolex. The Alpinist is a special part of the Seiko range, and has 3 models. This is THE watch to go with a brown leather strap, I think its about half a grand from memory.
- Seiko 5 - I second Gerry Nelson's recommendation. The only thing is, I'd say have a good look because there's a multitude of models out there. At least check out Seiyajapan's range. No affiliation to the store, but they might have some exclusive models and ship from Japan. The other thing is, a lot of jewelry stores have these, so have a good look around.
- Archimede and Steinhart - As TehBunny said, excellent looking fliegers from archimede but I have not had personal experience with them. Steinharts are excellent value but they have had their QC issues...
- Longines Legend Diver - not a brand but a specific watch. Its just a bit over a grand but this watch has heritage, and is one of the only ones that that really crosses dress and sport territories.
Awesome - Nomos is a classy choice. Another one of those that will impress people in the know, and people not in the know alike.
Mate, if I had to choose between my oris, with its decade of memories, or my much more expensive rolex with no memeories, I'd choose the oris. So definitely understand where you're coming from
I'm lusting after a IWC mark xvi and have been for quite a while, I'm turning 30 next year so have dropped more than a few hints in front of wife. The hints will get progressively overt as May gets closer. The new black/blue Rolex GMT has popped up recently which looks incredible, but not sure I want to bump the IWC in favour of it just yet.
I'm currently wearing a Planet Ocean 8500 which I love and have a Speedy Pro, so I'm not wanting in my current state.
Also to the guy that said he has a JLC Ultra Thin but isn't a watch guy - you are most definitely a watch guy, embrace it!! And I don't mean a watch guy In a snobby way, I'm just not sure there are many people rocking a JLC that don't take a keen interest in all things horological.
Mate I saw the rolex dual colour GMT... One thing I'd say - I had trouble matching the blue! My bday is in may too... hmmm....
- Australian Members
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Naked and famous denim 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Help me figure out my personal finances 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › What color suit would go best with a green shirt? 15 minutes ago
- › SW&D Challenge March 12, 2014 - Shades of Virgin Islands 19 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw