Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2669post #40021 of 5796310/22/13 at 2:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40022 of 5796310/22/13 at 2:48ampost #40023 of 5796310/22/13 at 2:55ampost #40024 of 5796310/22/13 at 3:51amQuote:Originally Posted by wurger
2nd fitting from Perkal Bros, should be finished by the end of next week. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Much nicer than the original white ones you were going to get.
One word of advice - I'd get a proper sole or TOPY on the bottom - that finish there won't wear well and looks a bit unfinished if someone sees it on the train.post #40025 of 5796310/22/13 at 3:59ampost #40026 of 5796310/22/13 at 4:15ampost #40027 of 5796310/22/13 at 4:23ampost #40028 of 5796310/22/13 at 4:25amOn the watch thing, sentimental value is what keeps my Raymond Weil at the forefront. It was a 10th wedding anniversary present (we got matching watches) which makes it more than 20 years old. In all that time, apart from batteries, I've had to buy three watch bands and have it serviced once.post #40029 of 5796310/22/13 at 4:48ampost #40030 of 5796310/22/13 at 5:32ampost #40031 of 5796310/22/13 at 5:58am
All this talk of watches is making me sad.
I bought the easyreader with the brown band and red second hand, as I thought that it would be more conservative to buy a watch and wear it outright than order a special band.
But it seems that its visually more conservative to go the plain easyreader and fit it with a brown nato strap.
Its not easy being conservativepost #40032 of 5796310/22/13 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I have the money to afford a Timex Weekender for more casual situations but still being a student, might have to wait a few more years until I can invest in the good stuff like the JLC Ultra Thin or Rolex.
Any recommendations now for a nice dress watch to pair with my brown wingtip/black oxford rotation for internship work?Quote:
Could I recommend some of these 'under the radar' brands (in order of preference and reason below):
- Stowa - Probably the best value German brand in the entry tier. All movements are regulated ETA, which means that yes, the movements are not exclusive, but they are time proven workhorse swiss movements. Highly, doubly recommended. Starts at 500 EUR, worth every dollar, with a range to choose from - marine for dressy, flieger for... well aviator style I guess and Ikarus if you like that dial colour. Seriously TOP recommendation
- Seiko alpinist - Seiko is one of those brands that people don't really realise, their high end is at least as good as any swiss brand, including Rolex. The Alpinist is a special part of the Seiko range, and has 3 models. This is THE watch to go with a brown leather strap, I think its about half a grand from memory.
- Seiko 5 - I second Gerry Nelson's recommendation. The only thing is, I'd say have a good look because there's a multitude of models out there. At least check out Seiyajapan's range. No affiliation to the store, but they might have some exclusive models and ship from Japan. The other thing is, a lot of jewelry stores have these, so have a good look around.
- Archimede and Steinhart - As TehBunny said, excellent looking fliegers from archimede but I have not had personal experience with them. Steinharts are excellent value but they have had their QC issues...
- Longines Legend Diver - not a brand but a specific watch. Its just a bit over a grand but this watch has heritage, and is one of the only ones that that really crosses dress and sport territories.Quote:
Awesome - Nomos is a classy choice. Another one of those that will impress people in the know, and people not in the know alike.Quote:
Mate, if I had to choose between my oris, with its decade of memories, or my much more expensive rolex with no memeories, I'd choose the oris. So definitely understand where you're coming fromQuote:Originally Posted by andrewjamesdean
I'm lusting after a IWC mark xvi and have been for quite a while, I'm turning 30 next year so have dropped more than a few hints in front of wife. The hints will get progressively overt as May gets closer. The new black/blue Rolex GMT has popped up recently which looks incredible, but not sure I want to bump the IWC in favour of it just yet.
I'm currently wearing a Planet Ocean 8500 which I love and have a Speedy Pro, so I'm not wanting in my current state.
Also to the guy that said he has a JLC Ultra Thin but isn't a watch guy - you are most definitely a watch guy, embrace it!! And I don't mean a watch guy In a snobby way, I'm just not sure there are many people rocking a JLC that don't take a keen interest in all things horological.
Mate I saw the rolex dual colour GMT... One thing I'd say - I had trouble matching the blue! My bday is in may too... hmmm....post #40033 of 5796310/22/13 at 6:12ampost #40034 of 5796310/22/13 at 7:09am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 2B Blazer, 48/M, Dark Grey 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 14 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...