Yeah, I was just having a go at them for being shite.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2646
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39677 of 5494210/16/13 at 9:49pmpost #39678 of 5494210/16/13 at 9:58pmpost #39679 of 5494210/16/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
Fair enough fxh, but Oli is right they are expensive for what they are (or they were last time I looked). Better with a Loake or Meermin, if you had the sizing sorted.post #39680 of 5494210/16/13 at 10:40pmQuote:
I honestly haven't checked them out for years so don't know prices now - but they used to be good value - I'd buy a few pair every year at Mountfords sales. Any other options were hideously expensive. Those shoes may nearly be older than you! (certainly more mature)post #39681 of 5494210/16/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
You are the expert.
Seems a long way to go (Miyajima) just for one sight, though!
Maybe Kyushu or Shikoku? Heard good things about the food in Kyushu (although I'm sure it's far from menswear Mecca).post #39682 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
Kitakyushu is pretty sweet. I didn't have enough time to do much sightseeing when I was there but it was a beautiful area and my japanese travel buddies were al raving about the food (unfortunately I can;t eat most seafood so my favourite japanese food has always been japanese 'style' foreign food like yaki niku).
IME the only menswear Mecca is Tokyo. everywhere else pales in comparison.Though admittedly when I was there I was only interested in street wear.post #39683 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:23pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by ovlov
Kitakyushu is pretty sweet. I didn't have enough time to do much sightseeing when I was there but it was a beautiful area and my japanese travel buddies were all raving about the food (unfortunately I can;t eat most seafood so my favourite japanese food has always been japanese 'style' foreign food like yaki niku).
IME the only menswear Mecca is Tokyo. everywhere else pales in comparison.Though admittedly when I was there I was only interested in street wear.
Both Kyushu and Shikoku are lovely.
With regard to Kyushu and food, it's the only place where I've been to a Japanese restaurant where a live fish was scooped out of a tank and, within what seemed like seconds, sliced open and filleted in front of me into a serving of sashimi for myself and my dining companions. So fresh that it was almost still alive as we were eating it.
Speaking of which, the table next to us were having octopus, where the chef sliced off a tentacle and served it up while the octopus was still living, but that struck me as rather barbaric.
I spent a few weeks wandering around the inland sea some years back, including travelling around Shikoku and along the inland sea coast of Honshu (and I stayed in the aforementioned Okayama International Villas). It's a really lovely area and the people were very kind and generous - I almost lost count of the number of times I had oranges, sandwiches, mochi (Japanese rice cakes) or other food pressed upon me by total strangers. The Japanese dialect spoken by some of the older people, particularly those on the islands, was very difficult for me to understand, though.
I agree that Tokyo is certainly the best place for Menswear but if Romp has a browse through Men's Ex, Leon, and other such Japanese clothing mags, he'll be able to find the addresses for some good clothing shops around Osaka/Kobe and other places around Kansai.post #39684 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:23pmpost #39685 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:34pmpost #39686 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:36pmpost #39687 of 5494210/16/13 at 11:57pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks for all the comments and thumbs, and some other comments earlier on. It's nice to get positive feedback as well as negative.
I agree that SF has been good for my style, and so I will continue to post fits and take hits.post #39688 of 5494210/17/13 at 12:34am
Tailor Caid Romp! Great look Cox and nice shoes Romp!
Gonna save for a nice chukka once winter comes around since I wear shorts too often in the summer.
And wow by Ring Jacket, darn being in the Southern Hemisphere and envying the fact that most menswear stuff is posted from the Northern Hemishpere :(post #39689 of 5494210/17/13 at 12:56am
Anyone into cars on here? This is my Jensen Healy. It was my old man's, he bought it back in '76 in England and brought it back with him. He's moved onto bigger things. I'm going to do a full restoration, probably start when Uni's over in a month. Fuck the lotus engine out of there. Carburetors are so unreliable these days. Going to repaint with Lotus Green.post #39690 of 5494210/17/13 at 1:03am
I never really got into cars. I'm more of a 'theoretical' engineer. That is the trend these days, more time modelling/simulating and less time in the workshop. However, avoiding the grease hasn't improved the dress code.
Along the lines of agreeable diversions, I feel as though I need to buy a nice Scotch whilst I'm abroad. PS thank goodness the Yanks got their act together, or I wouldn't have been going.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › things that are making you happy 43 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Real McCoy's CPO shirt- Size 16 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)