mmh he doesn't make me comfortable when I see his white ankles with a suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2639post #39571 of 6098410/15/13 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39572 of 6098410/15/13 at 6:30pmpost #39573 of 6098410/15/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by howey
Sommelier work at Rockpool, full time, day and night.
I've seen the other members of the somme team wear navy/lightblue/burgundy combos and I think that individuality within reason is encouraged.
I need to look professional in a venue like Rockpool and the clientele are going to recognise straight away if I'm not on point.
Howey - I'm curious that a place like Rockpool which clearly spends millions on image and look and feel and down to small detail doesn't specify front of house clothing styles, colours and almost everything. Strange.post #39574 of 6098410/15/13 at 6:48pmQuote:romp - yes - i saw that after looking at their measure system. If he holds the "true" rise constant (outseam - inseam) then what they are calling front rise and back rise taken in or shortened will work that way. Its hard with words to get it wrong what people are talking about - as I said a quick rough sketch is easier. I also was talking about the red Y - AB line needing some ease. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #39575 of 6098410/15/13 at 6:48pmpost #39576 of 6098410/15/13 at 7:27pmpost #39577 of 6098410/15/13 at 7:31pmpost #39578 of 6098410/15/13 at 7:41pmpost #39579 of 6098410/15/13 at 7:48pmpost #39580 of 6098410/15/13 at 8:11pmpost #39581 of 6098410/15/13 at 8:30pmpost #39582 of 6098410/15/13 at 8:55pmpost #39583 of 6098410/15/13 at 9:11pm
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.post #39584 of 6098410/15/13 at 9:24pmpost #39585 of 6098410/15/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.
I'm a bit older, but on the other hand, I've been wearing such suits for quite a few years now, and no-one's raised an eyebrow yet (at least, not that I've noticed).
I've got two chalkstripe suits - a double-breasted navy flannel suit with a chalkstripe, and a single-breasted navy worsted wool suit with a chalkstripe (that has a matching waistcoat which I wear occasionally).
I actually get complimented more when I wear those suits than when I wear most of my other suits or jackets, perhaps because people think that they look formal or businesslike. As an example, I was wearing the single-breasted suit a while back, along with a white shirt and a printed silk tie in red with a small floral pattern, and as I hopped on to the bus on the way to work, the bus driver nodded approvingly, smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to see that some still people still dress well!"
On another occasion, I was wearing the double-breasted suit and a man actually stopped me in the street to ask if it was made to measure (which it wasn't - it was made by Caruso for an Italian business called Adriano & Sons).
So, they do attract some attention, but in a good way (at least in my case).
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Buttero Tanino Low Blue Chambray EU 40 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #8 Plain Toe Boot - Size 9D 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan