mmh he doesn't make me comfortable when I see his white ankles with a suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2639post #39571 of 5801810/15/13 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39572 of 5801810/15/13 at 6:30pmpost #39573 of 5801810/15/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by howey
Sommelier work at Rockpool, full time, day and night.
I've seen the other members of the somme team wear navy/lightblue/burgundy combos and I think that individuality within reason is encouraged.
I need to look professional in a venue like Rockpool and the clientele are going to recognise straight away if I'm not on point.
Howey - I'm curious that a place like Rockpool which clearly spends millions on image and look and feel and down to small detail doesn't specify front of house clothing styles, colours and almost everything. Strange.post #39574 of 5801810/15/13 at 6:48pmQuote:romp - yes - i saw that after looking at their measure system. If he holds the "true" rise constant (outseam - inseam) then what they are calling front rise and back rise taken in or shortened will work that way. Its hard with words to get it wrong what people are talking about - as I said a quick rough sketch is easier. I also was talking about the red Y - AB line needing some ease. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #39575 of 5801810/15/13 at 6:48pmpost #39576 of 5801810/15/13 at 7:27pmpost #39577 of 5801810/15/13 at 7:31pmpost #39578 of 5801810/15/13 at 7:41pmpost #39579 of 5801810/15/13 at 7:48pmpost #39580 of 5801810/15/13 at 8:11pmpost #39581 of 5801810/15/13 at 8:30pmpost #39582 of 5801810/15/13 at 8:55pmpost #39583 of 5801810/15/13 at 9:11pm
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.post #39584 of 5801810/15/13 at 9:24pmpost #39585 of 5801810/15/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.
I'm a bit older, but on the other hand, I've been wearing such suits for quite a few years now, and no-one's raised an eyebrow yet (at least, not that I've noticed).
I've got two chalkstripe suits - a double-breasted navy flannel suit with a chalkstripe, and a single-breasted navy worsted wool suit with a chalkstripe (that has a matching waistcoat which I wear occasionally).
I actually get complimented more when I wear those suits than when I wear most of my other suits or jackets, perhaps because people think that they look formal or businesslike. As an example, I was wearing the single-breasted suit a while back, along with a white shirt and a printed silk tie in red with a small floral pattern, and as I hopped on to the bus on the way to work, the bus driver nodded approvingly, smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to see that some still people still dress well!"
On another occasion, I was wearing the double-breasted suit and a man actually stopped me in the street to ask if it was made to measure (which it wasn't - it was made by Caruso for an Italian business called Adriano & Sons).
So, they do attract some attention, but in a good way (at least in my case).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 21 minutes ago
- › Degree of Branding in Classic Menswear 26 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 27 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 31 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...