mmh he doesn't make me comfortable when I see his white ankles with a suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2639post #39571 of 6794610/15/13 at 6:28pmpost #39572 of 6794610/15/13 at 6:30pmpost #39573 of 6794610/15/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by howey
Sommelier work at Rockpool, full time, day and night.
I've seen the other members of the somme team wear navy/lightblue/burgundy combos and I think that individuality within reason is encouraged.
I need to look professional in a venue like Rockpool and the clientele are going to recognise straight away if I'm not on point.
Howey - I'm curious that a place like Rockpool which clearly spends millions on image and look and feel and down to small detail doesn't specify front of house clothing styles, colours and almost everything. Strange.post #39574 of 6794610/15/13 at 6:48pmQuote:romp - yes - i saw that after looking at their measure system. If he holds the "true" rise constant (outseam - inseam) then what they are calling front rise and back rise taken in or shortened will work that way. Its hard with words to get it wrong what people are talking about - as I said a quick rough sketch is easier. I also was talking about the red Y - AB line needing some ease. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #39575 of 6794610/15/13 at 6:48pmpost #39576 of 6794610/15/13 at 7:27pmpost #39577 of 6794610/15/13 at 7:31pmpost #39578 of 6794610/15/13 at 7:41pmpost #39579 of 6794610/15/13 at 7:48pmpost #39580 of 6794610/15/13 at 8:11pmpost #39581 of 6794610/15/13 at 8:30pmpost #39582 of 6794610/15/13 at 8:55pmpost #39583 of 6794610/15/13 at 9:11pm
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.post #39584 of 6794610/15/13 at 9:24pmpost #39585 of 6794610/15/13 at 9:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
I think perhaps it is not so much fitting in, as not standing out (in a bad way). I appreciate that, as I get some funny looks from people who obviously have some sort of issue with young professionals in nice suits, and I always thought my style was pretty conservative. I'd love to see what looks you would get going to a meeting as a 25 year old in a double breasted chalk stripe flannel suit.
I'm a bit older, but on the other hand, I've been wearing such suits for quite a few years now, and no-one's raised an eyebrow yet (at least, not that I've noticed).
I've got two chalkstripe suits - a double-breasted navy flannel suit with a chalkstripe, and a single-breasted navy worsted wool suit with a chalkstripe (that has a matching waistcoat which I wear occasionally).
I actually get complimented more when I wear those suits than when I wear most of my other suits or jackets, perhaps because people think that they look formal or businesslike. As an example, I was wearing the single-breasted suit a while back, along with a white shirt and a printed silk tie in red with a small floral pattern, and as I hopped on to the bus on the way to work, the bus driver nodded approvingly, smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to see that some still people still dress well!"
On another occasion, I was wearing the double-breasted suit and a man actually stopped me in the street to ask if it was made to measure (which it wasn't - it was made by Caruso for an Italian business called Adriano & Sons).
So, they do attract some attention, but in a good way (at least in my case).
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 44 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 17 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway