Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2635post #39511 of 6540810/14/13 at 8:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39512 of 6540810/14/13 at 9:03pm
Hmm I am considering some Kingsvales (as recommended to me earlier in the thread), but either in brown suede or leather... The versatility of suede is a plus, but I've not had any experience with suede shoes before... plus it will depend on availability... I'm hoping to score a cheap pair at the factory outlet. Thanks for the pic
best 30 seconds of my life!post #39513 of 6540810/14/13 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Hey thanks for replying mate especially with all the detail much appreciated. Liking the range of Bordeux coloured bags/briefs on one of the sites. Would be interested to see pics/review of your Obha purchase but looks like that was a tad above what I was looking to spend.
In the end I stumbled upon an Australia site selling the Knomo for a good price and a great return policy so jumped on that. Have book marked those two middle ground links though, thanks again.
very welcome!post #39514 of 6540810/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #39515 of 6540810/14/13 at 9:54pmpost #39516 of 6540810/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-via-montenapoleone-milano-3/post #39517 of 6540810/14/13 at 10:11pmpost #39518 of 6540810/14/13 at 10:48pmpost #39519 of 6540810/14/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.Quote:
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
Edited by Foxhound - 10/14/13 at 11:34pmpost #39520 of 6540810/14/13 at 11:32pmpost #39521 of 6540810/14/13 at 11:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
I think you are over thinking it. The difference between a black captoe and a black whole cut is very minimal.post #39522 of 6540810/14/13 at 11:35pmpost #39523 of 6540810/15/13 at 12:34ampost #39524 of 6540810/15/13 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by FoxhoundQuote:
Nah no way. Huge difference between shoes, even between Captoes themselves, just ask wruger. That sounds sarcastic but it's 100% serious.
No fox, as a part of an entire outfit, there isn't much difference between the black cap toe and black wholecut.
like most things, I highly doubt you going to stop at one pair, so you might as well buy both.post #39525 of 6540810/15/13 at 1:35amI don't have a black captoe or wholecut. And have no plans to buy either.
Don't get me wrong, I love black shoes, but captoes and wholecuts are too austere for my tastes. And anyone in Australian business who will begrudge you wearing black brogues instead... Well, no such person of consequence exists.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ties - Hober, Epaulet, Brooks and more 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › *Scabal* MTM *Pure Cashmere* Luxurious Handmade Sport Coat sz 44L 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth