Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2635post #39511 of 6456010/14/13 at 8:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39512 of 6456010/14/13 at 9:03pm
Hmm I am considering some Kingsvales (as recommended to me earlier in the thread), but either in brown suede or leather... The versatility of suede is a plus, but I've not had any experience with suede shoes before... plus it will depend on availability... I'm hoping to score a cheap pair at the factory outlet. Thanks for the pic
best 30 seconds of my life!post #39513 of 6456010/14/13 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Hey thanks for replying mate especially with all the detail much appreciated. Liking the range of Bordeux coloured bags/briefs on one of the sites. Would be interested to see pics/review of your Obha purchase but looks like that was a tad above what I was looking to spend.
In the end I stumbled upon an Australia site selling the Knomo for a good price and a great return policy so jumped on that. Have book marked those two middle ground links though, thanks again.
very welcome!post #39514 of 6456010/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #39515 of 6456010/14/13 at 9:54pmpost #39516 of 6456010/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-via-montenapoleone-milano-3/post #39517 of 6456010/14/13 at 10:11pmpost #39518 of 6456010/14/13 at 10:48pmpost #39519 of 6456010/14/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.Quote:
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
Edited by Foxhound - 10/14/13 at 11:34pmpost #39520 of 6456010/14/13 at 11:32pmpost #39521 of 6456010/14/13 at 11:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
I think you are over thinking it. The difference between a black captoe and a black whole cut is very minimal.post #39522 of 6456010/14/13 at 11:35pmpost #39523 of 6456010/15/13 at 12:34ampost #39524 of 6456010/15/13 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by FoxhoundQuote:
Nah no way. Huge difference between shoes, even between Captoes themselves, just ask wruger. That sounds sarcastic but it's 100% serious.
No fox, as a part of an entire outfit, there isn't much difference between the black cap toe and black wholecut.
like most things, I highly doubt you going to stop at one pair, so you might as well buy both.post #39525 of 6456010/15/13 at 1:35amI don't have a black captoe or wholecut. And have no plans to buy either.
Don't get me wrong, I love black shoes, but captoes and wholecuts are too austere for my tastes. And anyone in Australian business who will begrudge you wearing black brogues instead... Well, no such person of consequence exists.
- Australian Members
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › ECCO Classic Moc Slip On Shoe 14 – 14,5 US / 48 EUR 54 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Paraboot Vigny Double Monk Brown 7UK 8US 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › ECCO Classic Moc Toe Penny Loafers 14 – 14,5 US / 48 EUR 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015