Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2635post #39511 of 6794610/14/13 at 8:52pmpost #39512 of 6794610/14/13 at 9:03pm
Hmm I am considering some Kingsvales (as recommended to me earlier in the thread), but either in brown suede or leather... The versatility of suede is a plus, but I've not had any experience with suede shoes before... plus it will depend on availability... I'm hoping to score a cheap pair at the factory outlet. Thanks for the pic
best 30 seconds of my life!post #39513 of 6794610/14/13 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Hey thanks for replying mate especially with all the detail much appreciated. Liking the range of Bordeux coloured bags/briefs on one of the sites. Would be interested to see pics/review of your Obha purchase but looks like that was a tad above what I was looking to spend.
In the end I stumbled upon an Australia site selling the Knomo for a good price and a great return policy so jumped on that. Have book marked those two middle ground links though, thanks again.
very welcome!post #39514 of 6794610/14/13 at 9:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
"Patent leather looks like a cheap rental to my eyes no matter how high-quality the shoe."
I assume everyone here agrees with this sentiment. Sometime I find myself attracted to them, other times I can't get over that plastic feeling.post #39515 of 6794610/14/13 at 9:54pmpost #39516 of 6794610/14/13 at 10:03pmQuote:
This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/on-the-street-via-montenapoleone-milano-3/post #39517 of 6794610/14/13 at 10:11pmpost #39518 of 6794610/14/13 at 10:48pmpost #39519 of 6794610/14/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)This is the one of the pictures that made me first consider wholecuts - though to be honest I prefer my captoes and brogues to my wholecuts. They are a little less versatile and can look a bit long or "empty" if not worn with the right thing. Not really sure if that makes sense and I do wear mine, which are brown, quite regularly. Just have to be more aware of what I match them with.
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.Quote:
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
Edited by Foxhound - 10/14/13 at 11:34pmpost #39520 of 6794610/14/13 at 11:32pmI don't like wholecuts for the following reasons:
(1) they break with tradition
(2) lacking a horizontal line, they appear larger and more gaudy
(3) their single leather construction reminds me somewhat of a condompost #39521 of 6794610/14/13 at 11:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Foxhound
Thanks, PS. As I am rebuilding my shoe collection. I plan on getting a pair of simple black shoes. I'm looking at either a whole cut with a medallion or a black captoe. I can't decide yet, I need to see more pictures of outfits incorporating black wholecuts.
Saw him Friday. Very, very well dressed. And his shoes, my god.
I think you are over thinking it. The difference between a black captoe and a black whole cut is very minimal.post #39522 of 6794610/14/13 at 11:35pmpost #39523 of 6794610/15/13 at 12:34ampost #39524 of 6794610/15/13 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by FoxhoundQuote:
Nah no way. Huge difference between shoes, even between Captoes themselves, just ask wruger. That sounds sarcastic but it's 100% serious.
No fox, as a part of an entire outfit, there isn't much difference between the black cap toe and black wholecut.
like most things, I highly doubt you going to stop at one pair, so you might as well buy both.post #39525 of 6794610/15/13 at 1:35amI don't have a black captoe or wholecut. And have no plans to buy either.
Don't get me wrong, I love black shoes, but captoes and wholecuts are too austere for my tastes. And anyone in Australian business who will begrudge you wearing black brogues instead... Well, no such person of consequence exists.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Italian shoes with glued soles? 28 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 57 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Japanese Leather Goods/Accessories 3 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Navy Blazer Fatigue 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Co #6 Shell Cordovan Bal Boots 9.5 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding