or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2630

post #39436 of 48597

Just ordered a pair of bespoke velvet slippers for my mum .. hopefully she enjoys them for Xmas

post #39437 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjamesdean View Post

A
Already have, just thought it may have been quicker to get an answer here. Thanks anyway

You might able to try them at Henry Bucks. Otherwise try contact Christian via his Instagram or Tumblr. He should get back to you pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Speaking of how great RMWs are:



The versatility of brown suede Chukkas. My favourite shoe.
post #39438 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post
 

Just ordered a pair of bespoke velvet slippers for my mum .. hopefully she enjoys them for Xmas

You are indeed a good son.

 

Good look oli.

 

Christian isn't putting his stuff in BMT.

post #39439 of 48597

In Dress For Success, Molloy conducts a study where he allowed one group of women to dress the men (generally involving brighter, lighter colours) and another where they dress themselves (in darker, more conservative wear). The photographs were then shown to a second group of women. 

 

Overwhelmingly the women found the men who dressed themselves more attractive. 

 

Whilst Molloy concluded that women don't conceptually understand power dressing, I would argue that on a subconscious level the women choose ridiculous garbs as a mark of ownership. 

post #39440 of 48597

OMG i think my carmina's attempted delivery today .... Anyone else get a parcel and know who the courier is? Ive got a card from Toll 

post #39441 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post
 

OMG i think my carmina's attempted delivery today .... Anyone else get a parcel and know who the courier is? Ive got a card from Toll 

 

When I ordered previously from Carmina, they were delivered by Toll. I can't remember who the courier was though.

post #39442 of 48597

^This happens far too often.Women dressing meng...oh and the delivery thing!

Nice chukka's Oli would like to see more!

Gerry how was the sizing on your TCNY m65? Thinking of buying one for Spring/Summer outerwear, how would you compare with your Barbour Bedale (much slimmer?).

post #39443 of 48597

I'm a 38 and I got the Medium which is quite slim fitting. Definitely slimmer than the Beaufort in 38.

 

These are the measurements for a Medium:

Chest             21" from armpit to armpit
Waist             20" from seam to seam
Bottom           20 1/2" from seam to seam
Shoulder        19" from shoulder seam to shoulder seam
Sleeve Length 23 1/4"
Back Length    28 1/4"
post #39444 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

In Dress For Success, Molloy conducts a study where he allowed one group of women to dress the men (generally involving brighter, lighter colours) and another where they dress themselves (in darker, more conservative wear). The photographs were then shown to a second group of women. 

Overwhelmingly the women found the men who dressed themselves more attractive. 

Whilst Molloy concluded that women don't conceptually understand power dressing, I would argue that on a subconscious level the women choose ridiculous garbs as a mark of ownership. 

It's an interesting point, and one that I've considered from time to time - usually when I go to a Herringbone warehouse sale and see men being pulled around like castrated bulls (as GF memorably described them) while their wives or girlfriends pick out loudly striped shirts and satiny, contrasting stripe ties for them.

Personally - and I admit that I could be wrong - I don't think that women are choosing garish garb for their men as a mark of ownership. Rather, I think that women are choosing colourful clothes in bright patterns because that's what they would tend to choose if they were shopping for themselves. Look around at women in town - whilst a fair few women wear black as a default choice, there are lots of women who also wear bright colours, particularly in a shirt/blouse, scarf or belt. So, I think that whilst these women are shopping for men, they're buying stuff that they, through female eyes, think will look good.

To put it simply, a lot of women don't know what suits a man - and the reverse often applies, too. I went shopping with my wife and a very stylish colleague of hers some time back and I was really, really impressed by the outfits that she suggested to my wife. She picked out various combinations that I, quite frankly, would never have suggested to my wife and yet they really suited her and looked very good on her. When my wife asks me about her clothing, I tend to view it through my eyes, and so I suspect that the same goes for women - they look at men's clothing through their eyes.
post #39445 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

To put it simply, a lot of women don't know what suits a man 

 

Agree +10

 

When guys bring in their other half to buy a suit it is painful

post #39446 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


their wives or girlfriends pick out loud satin, contrasting stripe ties for them.
 

 

:cheers:

post #39447 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

So, I think that whilst these women are shopping for men, they're buying stuff that they, through female eyes, think will look good.

 

Bingo. However, if you have a girlfriend who appreciates a more masculine aesthetic with respect to design (by extension clothing), then you'll have a good shopping buddy.

 

Though girls with a more masculine aesthetic may not be very into shopping in the first place.

post #39448 of 48597

If you were to get a whole-cut which color would you get it in? Black, oak or burgundy/cherry?

post #39449 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post
 

If you were to get a whole-cut which color would you get it in? Black, oak or burgundy/cherry?

 

All three are pretty good choices ... I'd go burgundy, though a black one would be a fairly conservative/formal business shoe.

post #39450 of 48597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post
 

If you were to get a whole-cut which color would you get it in? Black, oak or burgundy/cherry?

 

Um, one of each? :) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members