or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2603

post #39031 of 57103

MJ Bale continues to disenfranchise me with every single new item.

 

http://www.mjbale.com/caspar-red-jacket

 

Hmm, we could expand our standard suit and jacket collection, but nah, let's just introduce 4 ridiculous cotton skinny lapel jackets with matching shorts.

post #39032 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
 

MJ Bale continues to disenfranchise me with every single new item.

 

http://www.mjbale.com/caspar-red-jacket

 

Hmm, we could expand our standard suit and jacket collection, but nah, let's just introduce 4 ridiculous cotton skinny lapel jackets with matching shorts.

 

Looks like they're trying to get people to dress like the girls working at Westfield concierges. 

post #39033 of 57103

To PapaRubbery,

 

Simpson Last is narrow and tight. Bcos shell is more flexible, you can still go TTS but definitely need to size up with calf or lizard etc. I prefer the roomier Rain last which is TTS for me.

 

As a comparison with Meermin, Simpson is narrower than Hiro. Have not tried the Ben last yet, but in your picture, the Ben last looks really refined and chiselled compared to Hiro.

post #39034 of 57103
PapaR, great fit, mate! Like. Also like nabil's portrait pics (on the Carminas) - nice bokeh. GN - you have competition! Time to put some bokeh in your menswear photos!
post #39035 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post
 

To PapaRubbery,

 

Simpson Last is narrow and tight. Bcos shell is more flexible, you can still go TTS but definitely need to size up with calf or lizard etc. I prefer the roomier Rain last which is TTS for me.

 

As a comparison with Meermin, Simpson is narrower than Hiro. Have not tried the Ben last yet, but in your picture, the Ben last looks really refined and chiselled compared to Hiro.

 

A gentleman and a scholar, thank you!

 

I have a pair of Meermins coming in the Hiro (or maybe Olfe, I forget) last so I can compare against them.

 

I'm loving the recently posted Carminas though. Bugger me they are sexy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

PapaR, great fit, mate! Like. Also like nabil's portrait pics (on the Carminas) - nice bokeh. GN - you have competition! Time to put some bokeh in your menswear photos!

 

Thanks bro! Much appreciated! 

post #39036 of 57103
BOKEH!
post #39037 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

MJ Bale continues to disenfranchise me with every single new item.

http://www.mjbale.com/caspar-red-jacket

Hmm, we could expand our standard suit and jacket collection, but nah, let's just introduce 4 ridiculous cotton skinny lapel jackets with matching shorts.

I blame the powder puffs of the Aussie Members Thread.

Edit - the suede brush sucks. If I had my time again I would have just used an old rag. Never bought a saphir product that wasnt a rip off.
Edited by Oli2012 - 10/9/13 at 2:19am
post #39038 of 57103
I am done for. Azzaro now stocks Brioni. Suits $1500, shirts $200.

They are also stocking Zegna again, and Bresciani as well. Goodbye savings.
post #39039 of 57103
WTF is this 39c in Sydney on Thursday. Breakout the linen.
post #39040 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

WTF is this 39c in Sydney on Thursday. Breakout the linen.

The best part about this heat is Summer Dresses.

post #39041 of 57103
To whoever was asking about hair product, I have recently started using Uppercut Deluxe products and cannot speak highly enough of them. Both the Matte Clay and the Featherweight are fantastic, but I've also heard the Deluxe Pomade is really good too. Obviously depends on what you need your hair to do, but definitely worth checking out.

And to the shoe afficiandos here - I'm after a pair of brown penny loafers. I've got my sizing absolutely nailed in Grenson, to a lesser extent Loake and (probably unhelpfully) in both Wolverine and Red Wing, so I'd like something that I can relatively easily and reliably work out my correct sizing based on my known sizing.

Any ideas?
post #39042 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

I am done for. Azzaro now stocks Brioni. Suits $1500, shirts $200.

They are also stocking Zegna again, and Bresciani as well. Goodbye savings.

 

About time the old tube sock got replaced. 

post #39043 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post

MJ Bale continues to disenfranchise me with every single new item.

http://www.mjbale.com/caspar-red-jacket

Hmm, we could expand our standard suit and jacket collection, but nah, let's just introduce 4 ridiculous cotton skinny lapel jackets with matching shorts.

Yes, they look pretty ridiculous. The jackets are ridiculously short, too.

Two or three years back, Herringbone did something similar (albeit with jackets that were not quite so shrunken and Peewee Herman-esque) for summer and the silly thing is that the outfit would have been great as a suit, but they only offered shorts instead of also offering full-length trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post


Azzaro now stocks Brioni. Suits $1500, shirts $200.

Wowsers - $1500 for a Brioni suit?! That sounds extraordinarily cheap.
post #39044 of 57103
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Cheers man. I quite like 'em. Looking at some offerings from Herring but I'm not sold on dropping $150 on driving mocs. I actually quite like O&J's offering, but just not in the camo! I love the shape, the details, etc but I couldn't wear camo shoes. 

Okay so I bought a 15.5/33 from their Tokyo Slim Fit. I love it. Fits fantastically. Has the body of say an MJ Bale 38 Slim or 39 Super Slim - but a neck size to accommodate my gigantic head and neck. 

I bought a S from their Linen range previously, but I don't have any full length fit pictures. The fit is more relaxed than their 15.5/33 - the sleeves are longer (34), so I've had them taken up. Aside from the sleeves I'm hesitant to do any other alterations. 


I would have worn it to work today but upon waking up I decided to 'work from home'. 

I'll wear it tomorrow. Prof; Linen all summer is a fantastic idea. I'm pretty much doing the same. Being posted to Darwin for a month so it'll be 24/7 linen. Sans pants. 


Try Andy Tom driving loafers which are the normal colour version of our camo ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

And as a follow on from that I guess the next question is what would a pair from Suit Shop set one back? 

Suit shop start at 295 and I think pjohnson around 395 depending on cloth
post #39045 of 57103
I picked up some Owen and James chinos in brown - size 50 EU during the clearance Romp is having. They don't fit me but if you'd like them, please get in touch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members