My Loake's came this morning!! Was super excited to wear it to a networking event this Thursday but it's raining that day so think I'll save it for another time :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2595post #38911 of 6045410/7/13 at 1:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38912 of 6045410/7/13 at 1:37amQuote:
Sorry Bunny! Didn't see your post mate.
I bought 'mocc socks' from here: http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/
The material is wonderful and very durable. The elastane slips at the heel. There is only one size. I'm UK 7 and the sock is 'snug' for me. I would try a different brand. The look and feel is much better than having no socks or long socks.
As for the ties. Forget the color, I just think Aussie SF members have a hate for any ties that are 'silky, silky' smooth.post #38913 of 6045410/7/13 at 1:43ampost #38914 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Papa for shame, you haven't checked out Double Monk. Leave your wallet at home and you should be safe.
Planning on visiting a Carmina? Went to the Paris one, and it was great to get the sizing and the service at online prices. Could easily have bought a several pairs...post #38915 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:12amQuote:
Not at all - this might shed some light: http://putthison.com/tagged/The-Necktie-Series especially parts III, IV and V.post #38916 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:19amQuote:
I stayed at a hotel that literally looked out onto the Carmina Paris store. Foolishly told myself I shouldn't go in there because I would buy all of the things.
In fairness I'd dragged the fiancee through Suit Supply in Amsterdam the day before. Figured I shouldn't push my luck.post #38917 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:27ampost #38918 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:31amOn the topic of partners, I am surprised how well my wife is handling this menswear hobby of mine, particularly when visiting stores. After dragging her through florence, I thought I shouldn't push my luck and opted out of visiting S Bemer and Ugolini.
Sure enough, Florence surprises and delivers: we went to the leather school near Sante Croce (lovely store hidden at the back of the basilica), and as I peeked into the last room of the long hallway, I glimpsed a few pairs of shoes with amazing finish and sleek lasting. Turns out, the owner of the leather school took over S Bemer to help the son and all the same artisans are there (2 Japanese blokes and some south Italian guys). They left several pairs of Bemers for display at the leather school, with no one to guard them. I closely and longingly inspected several pairs of Bemers including some with crazy welts and a Russian reindeer pair. RTW starts at 1200 euro. Surprising and unexpected moments are plentiful in firenze.post #38919 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:34amQuote:GN, I am sure Michael would be glad to hear it...
Also, somehow with similar wardrobes you always look far better...post #38920 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:38amQuote:
Thanks for the kind words but I think the that means that the next thing you will have to acquire will be glasses - we'll be even more alike thenpost #38921 of 6045410/7/13 at 2:57amQuote:
Clothes stuff on holidays is much more friendly than surfing stuff on holidays. Trust me.post #38922 of 6045410/7/13 at 3:10ampost #38923 of 6045410/7/13 at 3:29ampost #38924 of 6045410/7/13 at 3:33ampost #38925 of 6045410/7/13 at 3:37amQuote:
This is true, but it's not arbitrary.
I can't speak for everyone - but the amount of sheen on those 'silky' ties is almost blindly gaudy to my eyes. The colours are remarkably horrible, but even ignoring them the shiny ties function almost as hi-vis drawing attention only to their own role in an act of bad taste. Well executed menswear is ALL about subtlety/elegance and NEVER about ostentacious displays of 'look at me' (no matter what formality or context) - something so shiny cannot possibly achieve an understatement in quality.
That being said, I'm finding it increasingly embarassing how much I can dish out yet how completely unspectacular I look day to day. It's shameful.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 59 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stone Island Shadow Project Beanie & Shemagh 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...