My Loake's came this morning!! Was super excited to wear it to a networking event this Thursday but it's raining that day so think I'll save it for another time :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2595post #38911 of 6794610/7/13 at 1:23ampost #38912 of 6794610/7/13 at 1:37amQuote:
Sorry Bunny! Didn't see your post mate.
I bought 'mocc socks' from here: http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/
The material is wonderful and very durable. The elastane slips at the heel. There is only one size. I'm UK 7 and the sock is 'snug' for me. I would try a different brand. The look and feel is much better than having no socks or long socks.
As for the ties. Forget the color, I just think Aussie SF members have a hate for any ties that are 'silky, silky' smooth.post #38913 of 6794610/7/13 at 1:43ampost #38914 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Papa for shame, you haven't checked out Double Monk. Leave your wallet at home and you should be safe.
Planning on visiting a Carmina? Went to the Paris one, and it was great to get the sizing and the service at online prices. Could easily have bought a several pairs...post #38915 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:12amQuote:
Not at all - this might shed some light: http://putthison.com/tagged/The-Necktie-Series especially parts III, IV and V.post #38916 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:19amQuote:
I stayed at a hotel that literally looked out onto the Carmina Paris store. Foolishly told myself I shouldn't go in there because I would buy all of the things.
In fairness I'd dragged the fiancee through Suit Supply in Amsterdam the day before. Figured I shouldn't push my luck.post #38917 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:27ampost #38918 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:31amOn the topic of partners, I am surprised how well my wife is handling this menswear hobby of mine, particularly when visiting stores. After dragging her through florence, I thought I shouldn't push my luck and opted out of visiting S Bemer and Ugolini.
Sure enough, Florence surprises and delivers: we went to the leather school near Sante Croce (lovely store hidden at the back of the basilica), and as I peeked into the last room of the long hallway, I glimpsed a few pairs of shoes with amazing finish and sleek lasting. Turns out, the owner of the leather school took over S Bemer to help the son and all the same artisans are there (2 Japanese blokes and some south Italian guys). They left several pairs of Bemers for display at the leather school, with no one to guard them. I closely and longingly inspected several pairs of Bemers including some with crazy welts and a Russian reindeer pair. RTW starts at 1200 euro. Surprising and unexpected moments are plentiful in firenze.post #38919 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:34amQuote:GN, I am sure Michael would be glad to hear it...
Also, somehow with similar wardrobes you always look far better...post #38920 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:38amQuote:
Thanks for the kind words but I think the that means that the next thing you will have to acquire will be glasses - we'll be even more alike thenpost #38921 of 6794610/7/13 at 2:57amQuote:
Clothes stuff on holidays is much more friendly than surfing stuff on holidays. Trust me.post #38922 of 6794610/7/13 at 3:10ampost #38923 of 6794610/7/13 at 3:29am
On the subject of Carmina, a little birdie told me that Double Monk might be worthing keeping an eye on.
I'm sure though that the Brothers Schaerf would refuse either to confirm or deny any such scurrilous tittle-tattle.post #38924 of 6794610/7/13 at 3:33ampost #38925 of 6794610/7/13 at 3:37amQuote:
This is true, but it's not arbitrary.
I can't speak for everyone - but the amount of sheen on those 'silky' ties is almost blindly gaudy to my eyes. The colours are remarkably horrible, but even ignoring them the shiny ties function almost as hi-vis drawing attention only to their own role in an act of bad taste. Well executed menswear is ALL about subtlety/elegance and NEVER about ostentacious displays of 'look at me' (no matter what formality or context) - something so shiny cannot possibly achieve an understatement in quality.
That being said, I'm finding it increasingly embarassing how much I can dish out yet how completely unspectacular I look day to day. It's shameful.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding