Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2585post #38761 of 6096210/4/13 at 1:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38762 of 6096210/4/13 at 1:44amQuote:
Doing good, been more of a ghost on this thread just checking now and then :)
Job has become very casual (a la mostexerent); pants do not fit me anymore, started lifting weights seriously for the first time in years (been going for 6 months and loving it). So been wearing casual pants which still fit me and now it's summer .....shudder.... shorts, button down and boat shoes and as it happens superga's....to work!
Superga's- Have navy and white; will recommend white if you like the aged look otherwise navy for the contrast to the 'light' pinks, blues etc. you might wear in summer. Any recommendations for socks to wear with shorts in summer that aren't no show nor athletic? (no no-socks for me you'll be glad to hear fxh)
Haven't been buying much clothes since I want to get to a stable weight, but dressed with ivy elements while winter was ending and I guess my summer uniform is a tad ivy. Looking to get better basics once I reach stable weight.
Fox- really badluck buddy, would highly recommend you buy brick and mortar for your first well fitting shoe.
Heads up guys: Hardy Amies opened in South Yarra (turn left from station and just before Claremont) ;saw them setting up last week and today walked past and show stock looked great, but sadly no time to take a look will report back Sunday hopefully. Also Zumbo seems to be about to open on Claremont.post #38763 of 6096210/4/13 at 1:48ampost #38764 of 6096210/4/13 at 2:04ampost #38765 of 6096210/4/13 at 2:25amI haven't ordered from Pediwear for some years but, from memory, it took a working week for my order to reach me. Very good service and communication from them, with no hassles or problems at all.
I wore my new Sutor Mantellassi suede single monks for the first time yesterday, and they were excellent. I should have picked up a pair of single monkstrap shoes years ago!
Anyway, here is a teaser shot:
And click here for more on Tumblr.post #38766 of 6096210/4/13 at 2:56ampost #38767 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:08ampost #38768 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:16ampost #38769 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:22ampost #38770 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:25ampost #38771 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:26ampost #38772 of 6096210/4/13 at 3:55ampost #38773 of 6096210/4/13 at 4:17ampost #38774 of 6096210/4/13 at 4:41amQuote:
The usual practice is to roll home late Friday night after drinks. Stagger inside. Everyone else asleep. Fire up bong on back deck. Wobble to computer. Spend an hour looking at shoes online. Click click. Go to bed. Forget about everything.
Tuesday after noon - courier delivers box from UK addressed to you. Wonder wtf this is. Then vaguely remember friday night. Invent weak bullshit story for wife, GF, parents and/or self as to how $400+ of shoes arrived from overseas without trying them on.
Try on shoes when everyone else asleep. Put shoes back in box and hope they will stretch or shrink overnight and fit. Next night try shoes again. Put back in box and put in back of cupboard. Hope no one brings up subject. Go back online and see what a pair of hardly worn shoes are fetching. Look at credit card. Search on ebay for prices of near new shoes. Search in Australia for shoe prices second hand. Wonder if wearing these shoes undone without socks on weekend with shorts might just get some wear out of them.
In foxhound's case - repeat each week or so.post #38775 of 6096210/4/13 at 5:02am
I suspect that they are a pair of Herring Drakes, make by Alfred Sargent for Herring Shoes.
Thank you, gentlemen! They're extremely comfortable, and I think that the colour, as well as the use of suede, really complements the single monkstrap style.
Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday:
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Are the AE Lexington Cap Toes really as Bad as the Reviews on... 1 minute ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › P Johnson Tailors - San Francisco and Los Angeles Visit - May 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan