Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2585post #38761 of 6336410/4/13 at 1:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38762 of 6336410/4/13 at 1:44amQuote:
Doing good, been more of a ghost on this thread just checking now and then :)
Job has become very casual (a la mostexerent); pants do not fit me anymore, started lifting weights seriously for the first time in years (been going for 6 months and loving it). So been wearing casual pants which still fit me and now it's summer .....shudder.... shorts, button down and boat shoes and as it happens superga's....to work!
Superga's- Have navy and white; will recommend white if you like the aged look otherwise navy for the contrast to the 'light' pinks, blues etc. you might wear in summer. Any recommendations for socks to wear with shorts in summer that aren't no show nor athletic? (no no-socks for me you'll be glad to hear fxh)
Haven't been buying much clothes since I want to get to a stable weight, but dressed with ivy elements while winter was ending and I guess my summer uniform is a tad ivy. Looking to get better basics once I reach stable weight.
Fox- really badluck buddy, would highly recommend you buy brick and mortar for your first well fitting shoe.
Heads up guys: Hardy Amies opened in South Yarra (turn left from station and just before Claremont) ;saw them setting up last week and today walked past and show stock looked great, but sadly no time to take a look will report back Sunday hopefully. Also Zumbo seems to be about to open on Claremont.post #38763 of 6336410/4/13 at 1:48ampost #38764 of 6336410/4/13 at 2:04ampost #38765 of 6336410/4/13 at 2:25amI haven't ordered from Pediwear for some years but, from memory, it took a working week for my order to reach me. Very good service and communication from them, with no hassles or problems at all.
I wore my new Sutor Mantellassi suede single monks for the first time yesterday, and they were excellent. I should have picked up a pair of single monkstrap shoes years ago!
Anyway, here is a teaser shot:
And click here for more on Tumblr.post #38766 of 6336410/4/13 at 2:56ampost #38767 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:08ampost #38768 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:16ampost #38769 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:22ampost #38770 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:25ampost #38771 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:26ampost #38772 of 6336410/4/13 at 3:55ampost #38773 of 6336410/4/13 at 4:17ampost #38774 of 6336410/4/13 at 4:41amQuote:
The usual practice is to roll home late Friday night after drinks. Stagger inside. Everyone else asleep. Fire up bong on back deck. Wobble to computer. Spend an hour looking at shoes online. Click click. Go to bed. Forget about everything.
Tuesday after noon - courier delivers box from UK addressed to you. Wonder wtf this is. Then vaguely remember friday night. Invent weak bullshit story for wife, GF, parents and/or self as to how $400+ of shoes arrived from overseas without trying them on.
Try on shoes when everyone else asleep. Put shoes back in box and hope they will stretch or shrink overnight and fit. Next night try shoes again. Put back in box and put in back of cupboard. Hope no one brings up subject. Go back online and see what a pair of hardly worn shoes are fetching. Look at credit card. Search on ebay for prices of near new shoes. Search in Australia for shoe prices second hand. Wonder if wearing these shoes undone without socks on weekend with shorts might just get some wear out of them.
In foxhound's case - repeat each week or so.post #38775 of 6336410/4/13 at 5:02am
I suspect that they are a pair of Herring Drakes, make by Alfred Sargent for Herring Shoes.
Thank you, gentlemen! They're extremely comfortable, and I think that the colour, as well as the use of suede, really complements the single monkstrap style.
Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday:
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 34 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...