Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2585post #38761 of 6794610/4/13 at 1:35ampost #38762 of 6794610/4/13 at 1:44amQuote:
Doing good, been more of a ghost on this thread just checking now and then :)
Job has become very casual (a la mostexerent); pants do not fit me anymore, started lifting weights seriously for the first time in years (been going for 6 months and loving it). So been wearing casual pants which still fit me and now it's summer .....shudder.... shorts, button down and boat shoes and as it happens superga's....to work!
Superga's- Have navy and white; will recommend white if you like the aged look otherwise navy for the contrast to the 'light' pinks, blues etc. you might wear in summer. Any recommendations for socks to wear with shorts in summer that aren't no show nor athletic? (no no-socks for me you'll be glad to hear fxh)
Haven't been buying much clothes since I want to get to a stable weight, but dressed with ivy elements while winter was ending and I guess my summer uniform is a tad ivy. Looking to get better basics once I reach stable weight.
Fox- really badluck buddy, would highly recommend you buy brick and mortar for your first well fitting shoe.
Heads up guys: Hardy Amies opened in South Yarra (turn left from station and just before Claremont) ;saw them setting up last week and today walked past and show stock looked great, but sadly no time to take a look will report back Sunday hopefully. Also Zumbo seems to be about to open on Claremont.post #38763 of 6794610/4/13 at 1:48ampost #38764 of 6794610/4/13 at 2:04ampost #38765 of 6794610/4/13 at 2:25amI haven't ordered from Pediwear for some years but, from memory, it took a working week for my order to reach me. Very good service and communication from them, with no hassles or problems at all.
I wore my new Sutor Mantellassi suede single monks for the first time yesterday, and they were excellent. I should have picked up a pair of single monkstrap shoes years ago!
Anyway, here is a teaser shot:
And click here for more on Tumblr.post #38766 of 6794610/4/13 at 2:56ampost #38767 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:08ampost #38768 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:16ampost #38769 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:22ampost #38770 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:25ampost #38771 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:26ampost #38772 of 6794610/4/13 at 3:55ampost #38773 of 6794610/4/13 at 4:17ampost #38774 of 6794610/4/13 at 4:41amQuote:
The usual practice is to roll home late Friday night after drinks. Stagger inside. Everyone else asleep. Fire up bong on back deck. Wobble to computer. Spend an hour looking at shoes online. Click click. Go to bed. Forget about everything.
Tuesday after noon - courier delivers box from UK addressed to you. Wonder wtf this is. Then vaguely remember friday night. Invent weak bullshit story for wife, GF, parents and/or self as to how $400+ of shoes arrived from overseas without trying them on.
Try on shoes when everyone else asleep. Put shoes back in box and hope they will stretch or shrink overnight and fit. Next night try shoes again. Put back in box and put in back of cupboard. Hope no one brings up subject. Go back online and see what a pair of hardly worn shoes are fetching. Look at credit card. Search on ebay for prices of near new shoes. Search in Australia for shoe prices second hand. Wonder if wearing these shoes undone without socks on weekend with shorts might just get some wear out of them.
In foxhound's case - repeat each week or so.post #38775 of 6794610/4/13 at 5:02am
I suspect that they are a pair of Herring Drakes, make by Alfred Sargent for Herring Shoes.
Thank you, gentlemen! They're extremely comfortable, and I think that the colour, as well as the use of suede, really complements the single monkstrap style.
Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday:
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › PRICE DROP: BNIB KITON brown luxury sunglasses Caruso ZZL UV... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 13 minutes ago
- › "Socks and sandals: The unlikely hottest new trend in men's fashion" 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It 26 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 34 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 41 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 55 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding