Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2585post #38761 of 6406710/4/13 at 1:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38762 of 6406710/4/13 at 1:44amQuote:
Doing good, been more of a ghost on this thread just checking now and then :)
Job has become very casual (a la mostexerent); pants do not fit me anymore, started lifting weights seriously for the first time in years (been going for 6 months and loving it). So been wearing casual pants which still fit me and now it's summer .....shudder.... shorts, button down and boat shoes and as it happens superga's....to work!
Superga's- Have navy and white; will recommend white if you like the aged look otherwise navy for the contrast to the 'light' pinks, blues etc. you might wear in summer. Any recommendations for socks to wear with shorts in summer that aren't no show nor athletic? (no no-socks for me you'll be glad to hear fxh)
Haven't been buying much clothes since I want to get to a stable weight, but dressed with ivy elements while winter was ending and I guess my summer uniform is a tad ivy. Looking to get better basics once I reach stable weight.
Fox- really badluck buddy, would highly recommend you buy brick and mortar for your first well fitting shoe.
Heads up guys: Hardy Amies opened in South Yarra (turn left from station and just before Claremont) ;saw them setting up last week and today walked past and show stock looked great, but sadly no time to take a look will report back Sunday hopefully. Also Zumbo seems to be about to open on Claremont.post #38763 of 6406710/4/13 at 1:48ampost #38764 of 6406710/4/13 at 2:04ampost #38765 of 6406710/4/13 at 2:25amI haven't ordered from Pediwear for some years but, from memory, it took a working week for my order to reach me. Very good service and communication from them, with no hassles or problems at all.
I wore my new Sutor Mantellassi suede single monks for the first time yesterday, and they were excellent. I should have picked up a pair of single monkstrap shoes years ago!
Anyway, here is a teaser shot:
And click here for more on Tumblr.post #38766 of 6406710/4/13 at 2:56ampost #38767 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:08ampost #38768 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:16ampost #38769 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:22ampost #38770 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:25ampost #38771 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:26ampost #38772 of 6406710/4/13 at 3:55ampost #38773 of 6406710/4/13 at 4:17ampost #38774 of 6406710/4/13 at 4:41amQuote:
The usual practice is to roll home late Friday night after drinks. Stagger inside. Everyone else asleep. Fire up bong on back deck. Wobble to computer. Spend an hour looking at shoes online. Click click. Go to bed. Forget about everything.
Tuesday after noon - courier delivers box from UK addressed to you. Wonder wtf this is. Then vaguely remember friday night. Invent weak bullshit story for wife, GF, parents and/or self as to how $400+ of shoes arrived from overseas without trying them on.
Try on shoes when everyone else asleep. Put shoes back in box and hope they will stretch or shrink overnight and fit. Next night try shoes again. Put back in box and put in back of cupboard. Hope no one brings up subject. Go back online and see what a pair of hardly worn shoes are fetching. Look at credit card. Search on ebay for prices of near new shoes. Search in Australia for shoe prices second hand. Wonder if wearing these shoes undone without socks on weekend with shorts might just get some wear out of them.
In foxhound's case - repeat each week or so.post #38775 of 6406710/4/13 at 5:02am
I suspect that they are a pair of Herring Drakes, make by Alfred Sargent for Herring Shoes.
Thank you, gentlemen! They're extremely comfortable, and I think that the colour, as well as the use of suede, really complements the single monkstrap style.
Here are a couple of quick shots from yesterday:
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 15 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 35 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Buttero work boot Dark Brown size 43.5 Euro 54 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › GATS GERMAN ARMY TRAINERS NEW / ALL SIZES /WORDWIDE SHIPPING 2 minutes ago
- › GATS German army trainers (Original, New/Unissued/Unworn) All... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 3 minutes ago
- › GATS GERMAN ARMY TRAINERS NEW / ALL SIZES 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...