Well all my shoes have heel slippage, some much more than others :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2580post #38686 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38687 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:29ampost #38688 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:36amGN, I haven't seen many nice, off-the-rack examples. Most of the red-and-white, bengal striped shirts that I've seen either have too much texture to the fabric - too satiny, for example - or the stripes are bordered or guarded by a fine stripe or a different texture, neither of which tends to look very nice.
It's quite a British look (in my opinion, at least), so you may have some luck with some of the British shirtmakers like H&K or H&H, although I'm not sure how well they'll fit you.
Edited to add: As I suspected, Harvie & Hudson have such a fabric in both their slim- and regular-fit ranges, but only with double cuffs. They make nice, machine made shirts but the fit is quite generous.post #38689 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:37ampost #38690 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:39ampost #38691 of 5802710/3/13 at 4:50ampost #38692 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:08amQuote:Originally Posted by iSurg
Quick comment on Ripense for cgo and anyone else interested: small store including a haberdashery of sorts. The ties seemed pretty standard with a lot of lined offerings. I fondled a basted DB in a midweight navy red pinstripe and I just about died - the jacket was exquisite with big ass lapels, thick double pick stitch, soft shoulder etc etc. Otherwise there wasn't too much happening in the store - it's located close to the art gallery shown in the Valentino documentary and their wasn't much around that area.
Quick question for Romp and PoP as I remember some comments earlier in the year about Firenze (where I am now). Where to get shoes more in my range - I remember Mannina and a secret shop of PoP's which was not disclosed. Should I PM you? Otherwise, I have passed by Hidetaka after hours and saw HF himself looking very focused on the computer. The shoes are just too beautiful to be worn. Frasi and Liverano were closed today. I still have 4 days to try and get there...
Mannina.. South of Arno Near Pitti PalaceQuote:superga normally fit TTS.. I'm a fairly standard 43 in most lasts and wear a 43 superga..Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Hope everyone's gearing up for a fine weekend.
Ok let's talk Supaga... Can anyone give me the heads up size wise. Are they accurate for sizing? Or size up or down?
I'm a 9uk on 348 last, 10 uk with chuck taylors, 9.5 with NB and 9.5 on Simpson and more aggro lasts.
A shout out to the SF'ers overseas (isurg). My travel tip always spend outside of your means otherwise you will regret it when you get home-I did(regret that is)post #38693 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:15ampost #38694 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:15amQuote:
It's hard for there to be zero heel slippage. There's always going to be slight friction. Unless you go bespoke.
Unless you get giant blisters, I'd just suck it up and enjoy the imperfections of life.post #38695 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:21am
Grenson Sid Black Grain-UK10G
Grenson Dylan Tan-UK10F
Grenson Dylan Light Blue Suede UK9.5F
Grenson Fred Brown Grain Commando Soul UK9G
Herring KnightsBridge Black 9.5F
Meermin Double Monks DarkBrown UK10
Herring Reading Brown Suede UK10F
Loake Wentworth Ink UK10FQuote:
Yes but they should be much better than what they are.post #38696 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:25ampost #38697 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:29ampost #38698 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:34ampost #38699 of 5802710/3/13 at 5:39am
Foxhound - Sizes?
Also I know this isn't really the place for it. But new the Acronym line up looks pretty nuts. and sadly so do the prices :(
pretty much the opposite of everything this forum stands for but still... nice, so nice.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers (Luxottica) 57mm Metal Navigator Sunglasses $95 Retail 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 6 minutes ago
- › Degree of Branding in Classic Menswear 7 minutes ago
- › Buying men's formal shirts online - Collar size 7 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...