Well all my shoes have heel slippage, some much more than others :(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2580post #38686 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:20ampost #38687 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:29ampost #38688 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:36amGN, I haven't seen many nice, off-the-rack examples. Most of the red-and-white, bengal striped shirts that I've seen either have too much texture to the fabric - too satiny, for example - or the stripes are bordered or guarded by a fine stripe or a different texture, neither of which tends to look very nice.
It's quite a British look (in my opinion, at least), so you may have some luck with some of the British shirtmakers like H&K or H&H, although I'm not sure how well they'll fit you.
Edited to add: As I suspected, Harvie & Hudson have such a fabric in both their slim- and regular-fit ranges, but only with double cuffs. They make nice, machine made shirts but the fit is quite generous.post #38689 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:37ampost #38690 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:39ampost #38691 of 6794610/3/13 at 4:50ampost #38692 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:08amQuote:Originally Posted by iSurg
Quick comment on Ripense for cgo and anyone else interested: small store including a haberdashery of sorts. The ties seemed pretty standard with a lot of lined offerings. I fondled a basted DB in a midweight navy red pinstripe and I just about died - the jacket was exquisite with big ass lapels, thick double pick stitch, soft shoulder etc etc. Otherwise there wasn't too much happening in the store - it's located close to the art gallery shown in the Valentino documentary and their wasn't much around that area.
Quick question for Romp and PoP as I remember some comments earlier in the year about Firenze (where I am now). Where to get shoes more in my range - I remember Mannina and a secret shop of PoP's which was not disclosed. Should I PM you? Otherwise, I have passed by Hidetaka after hours and saw HF himself looking very focused on the computer. The shoes are just too beautiful to be worn. Frasi and Liverano were closed today. I still have 4 days to try and get there...
Mannina.. South of Arno Near Pitti PalaceQuote:superga normally fit TTS.. I'm a fairly standard 43 in most lasts and wear a 43 superga..Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Hope everyone's gearing up for a fine weekend.
Ok let's talk Supaga... Can anyone give me the heads up size wise. Are they accurate for sizing? Or size up or down?
I'm a 9uk on 348 last, 10 uk with chuck taylors, 9.5 with NB and 9.5 on Simpson and more aggro lasts.
A shout out to the SF'ers overseas (isurg). My travel tip always spend outside of your means otherwise you will regret it when you get home-I did(regret that is)post #38693 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:15ampost #38694 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:15amQuote:
It's hard for there to be zero heel slippage. There's always going to be slight friction. Unless you go bespoke.
Unless you get giant blisters, I'd just suck it up and enjoy the imperfections of life.post #38695 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:21am
Grenson Sid Black Grain-UK10G
Grenson Dylan Tan-UK10F
Grenson Dylan Light Blue Suede UK9.5F
Grenson Fred Brown Grain Commando Soul UK9G
Herring KnightsBridge Black 9.5F
Meermin Double Monks DarkBrown UK10
Herring Reading Brown Suede UK10F
Loake Wentworth Ink UK10FQuote:
Yes but they should be much better than what they are.post #38696 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:25ampost #38697 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:29ampost #38698 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:34ampost #38699 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:39am
Foxhound - Sizes?
Also I know this isn't really the place for it. But new the Acronym line up looks pretty nuts. and sadly so do the prices :(
pretty much the opposite of everything this forum stands for but still... nice, so nice.post #38700 of 6794610/3/13 at 5:48am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...