or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2579

post #38671 of 52600

Any recommendations for a red bengal stripe spread collar shirt?

post #38672 of 52600
Nothing RTW in my head ATM Gerry sorry frown.gif
Dusty their size is true to size if a little narrow, something like your size in a Nike running shoe should work. What colour you have in mind?
post #38673 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Any recommendations for a red bengal stripe spread collar shirt?
You mean recommendations for shirtmakers, or brands? Or what to pair it with?

I had one made a few years ago. The advice to me at the time - and I think it still holds - is get a contrast collar and cuffs, lest you look like a McDonalds restaurant manager.
Edited by Prince of Paisley - 10/3/13 at 3:24am
post #38674 of 52600

I finally got a decent debrief on Scramspace Today; it was a frustrating fault to say the least. Does anyone have a spare $2.5M for another crack? To put your mind at ease, that's at least 100 times cheaper than NASA...

post #38675 of 52600

So. I'm coming to accept the fact that my shoe collection doesn't fit me. Time to restart building it up. Piece by peace. Message me if you're interested in anything.

post #38676 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

So. I'm coming to accept the fact that my shoe collection doesn't fit me. Time to restart building it up. Piece by peace. Message me if you're interested in anything.

 

No one has a single idea as to what you are trying to get rid of. Sadly, we don't follow your purchases everyday.

 

Perhaps ask your mate StreetMinimal as to how best to sell shoes? He sold 2 pairs of AEs to.....Halifax?

post #38677 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Any recommendations for a red bengal stripe spread collar shirt?

Don't go red.

Dusty ochre, pink, burgundy
post #38678 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

You mean recommendations for shirtmakers, or brands? Or what to pair it with?

I had one made a few years ago. The advice to me at the time - and I think it still holds - is get a contrast collar and cuffs, lest and then you'll look like a McDonalds restaurant manager. clown

fixed that for ya
post #38679 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post
 

 

No one has a single idea as to what you are trying to get rid of. Sadly, we don't follow your purchases everyday.

 

Perhaps ask your mate StreetMinimal as to how best to sell shoes? He sold 2 pairs of AEs to.....Halifax?

 

I haven't got any shoes off StreetMinimal.

post #38680 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Any recommendations for a red bengal stripe spread collar shirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Don't go red.

Dusty ochre, pink, burgundy

+1. I've got a pencil-stripe shirt from H&K that has very fine, pinkish-red stripes, and I've also got a butcher's stripe shirt from Borrelli that has quite faded red stripes. I don't wear the latter shirt nearly enough but, when I do, I tend to wear it with a charcoal suit and a black knit tie.

I don't like the idea of a really bright red, as I think that it would tend to overpower everything else in your outfit.

Here's an example of the Borrelli shirt, albeit with a mid-gray suit.
post #38681 of 52600
lol, Michael is taking a piss on the fact StreetMinimal slams FH all the time!
post #38682 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post
 

 

No one has a single idea as to what you are trying to get rid of. Sadly, we don't follow your purchases everyday.

 

Perhaps ask your mate StreetMinimal as to how best to sell shoes? He sold 2 pairs of AEs to.....Halifax?

Grenson Dylans Tan, Grenson Dylans Blue Suede, Grenson Sids Black Grain, Possibly White CPs, Herring KnightsBridge Black, Meermin Double Monks. Loake Wentworths. Herring Reading Brown Suede.

post #38683 of 52600
so all of them don't fit you?
post #38684 of 52600
Hi guys. Can anyone please tell me which brand this picture is from. I know its an Australian brand which had pretty fancy advertising as well- men dressed in Italian styled shirts and undies, walking on the road with hot chicks. Cannot remember the brand name. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.


post #38685 of 52600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


You mean recommendations for shirtmakers, or brands? Or what to pair it with?

I had one made a few years ago. The advice to me at the time - and I think it still holds - is get a contrast collar and cuffs, lest you look like a McDonalds restaurant manager.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


Don't go red.

Dusty ochre, pink, burgundy

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post



+1. I've got a pencil-stripe shirt from H&K that has very fine, pinkish-red stripes, and I've also got a butcher's stripe shirt from Borrelli that has quite faded red stripes. I don't wear the latter shirt nearly enough but, when I do, I tend to wear it with a charcoal suit and a black knit tie.

I don't like the idea of a really bright red, as I think that it would tend to overpower everything else in your outfit.

Here's an example of the Borrelli shirt, albeit with a mid-gray suit.

 

Thanks all. PoP, I was looking more for recommendations of shirtmakers and brands.

 

I was after for something like this:

 

 

 

I've yet to see anyone from Maccas looking like this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members