Unless the shoes are on sale you can use the code HSAB with Herring to get free trees.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2574post #38596 of 5188910/1/13 at 9:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38597 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:08pm
Well Herring shoes is just a bit cheaper especially when you use their Twitter Promo Code for 10% off (although the September one just ended so might need to wait a while for the next one). Should get the Aldwych down to £167.
The Pediwear shoe tree isn't exactly free since there's an additional £10.50 shipping cost which brings Pediwear up to £194. I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php). Though with Pediwear you also get a free tie.
I was deciding between Pediwear and Herring because with the extra £27 I save by going with Herring, I can use it on a possibly better shoe tree from Double Monk or Herring.
HSAB doesn't work anymore :(post #38598 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:14pm
Be warned decent shoe trees in Australia are obscenely expensive. I would say if you are against shopping in Australia to save maney, then wait until you go to the US and buy them there. Even Loakes are likely to be cheaper and more readily available than they are here (assuming you are visiting a major city) and you will actually be able to try them on. Also you will be able to pick up decent wooden trees for about 1/3 of what they would cost here.post #38599 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php).
I must admit to not liking that style of shoe tree as the handle end is too narrow and I've found, based on past experience, that it can put pressure on the inside of the heel cup and push the back of the shoe out of shape a little.
I much prefer the style of shoe tree that has a rounded end, like this model from the Pediwear website:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/2651.phppost #38600 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:17pmpost #38601 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:35pmpost #38602 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:39pmpost #38603 of 5188910/1/13 at 10:47pm
Wow thanks heaps, if these are the same as the ones here then that's even better than the 10% off!post #38604 of 5188910/1/13 at 11:14pmpost #38605 of 5188910/2/13 at 12:29ampost #38606 of 5188910/2/13 at 12:39ampost #38607 of 5188910/2/13 at 12:56ampost #38608 of 5188910/2/13 at 1:05ampost #38609 of 5188910/2/13 at 1:09ampost #38610 of 5188910/2/13 at 1:18amQuote:
Will be interested to hear how your visit to ripense is. I will be in Rome in early nov and planning to visit ripense as well.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Mantorii: Buyer beware, be very aware 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)