Unless the shoes are on sale you can use the code HSAB with Herring to get free trees.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 2574post #38596 of 6794610/1/13 at 9:56pmpost #38597 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:08pm
Well Herring shoes is just a bit cheaper especially when you use their Twitter Promo Code for 10% off (although the September one just ended so might need to wait a while for the next one). Should get the Aldwych down to £167.
The Pediwear shoe tree isn't exactly free since there's an additional £10.50 shipping cost which brings Pediwear up to £194. I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php). Though with Pediwear you also get a free tie.
I was deciding between Pediwear and Herring because with the extra £27 I save by going with Herring, I can use it on a possibly better shoe tree from Double Monk or Herring.
HSAB doesn't work anymore :(post #38598 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:14pm
Be warned decent shoe trees in Australia are obscenely expensive. I would say if you are against shopping in Australia to save maney, then wait until you go to the US and buy them there. Even Loakes are likely to be cheaper and more readily available than they are here (assuming you are visiting a major city) and you will actually be able to try them on. Also you will be able to pick up decent wooden trees for about 1/3 of what they would cost here.post #38599 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php).
I must admit to not liking that style of shoe tree as the handle end is too narrow and I've found, based on past experience, that it can put pressure on the inside of the heel cup and push the back of the shoe out of shape a little.
I much prefer the style of shoe tree that has a rounded end, like this model from the Pediwear website:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/2651.phppost #38600 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:17pmpost #38601 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:35pmpost #38602 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:39pmpost #38603 of 6794610/1/13 at 10:47pm
Wow thanks heaps, if these are the same as the ones here then that's even better than the 10% off!post #38604 of 6794610/1/13 at 11:14pmpost #38605 of 6794610/2/13 at 12:29ampost #38606 of 6794610/2/13 at 12:39ampost #38607 of 6794610/2/13 at 12:56ampost #38608 of 6794610/2/13 at 1:05ampost #38609 of 6794610/2/13 at 1:09ampost #38610 of 6794610/2/13 at 1:18amQuote:
Will be interested to hear how your visit to ripense is. I will be in Rome in early nov and planning to visit ripense as well.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Gap 1969 Japanese Selvedge 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...