Unless the shoes are on sale you can use the code HSAB with Herring to get free trees.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2574post #38596 of 6041510/1/13 at 9:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38597 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:08pm
Well Herring shoes is just a bit cheaper especially when you use their Twitter Promo Code for 10% off (although the September one just ended so might need to wait a while for the next one). Should get the Aldwych down to £167.
The Pediwear shoe tree isn't exactly free since there's an additional £10.50 shipping cost which brings Pediwear up to £194. I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php). Though with Pediwear you also get a free tie.
I was deciding between Pediwear and Herring because with the extra £27 I save by going with Herring, I can use it on a possibly better shoe tree from Double Monk or Herring.
HSAB doesn't work anymore :(post #38598 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:14pm
Be warned decent shoe trees in Australia are obscenely expensive. I would say if you are against shopping in Australia to save maney, then wait until you go to the US and buy them there. Even Loakes are likely to be cheaper and more readily available than they are here (assuming you are visiting a major city) and you will actually be able to try them on. Also you will be able to pick up decent wooden trees for about 1/3 of what they would cost here.post #38599 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by acinod
I'm not sure about the quality of Pediwear's free shoe trees but they seem to be the Dasco Birchwood Shoe Tree which they sell seperately for £20 (http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/594.php).
I must admit to not liking that style of shoe tree as the handle end is too narrow and I've found, based on past experience, that it can put pressure on the inside of the heel cup and push the back of the shoe out of shape a little.
I much prefer the style of shoe tree that has a rounded end, like this model from the Pediwear website:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/dasco/products/2651.phppost #38600 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:17pmpost #38601 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:35pmpost #38602 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:39pmpost #38603 of 6041510/1/13 at 10:47pm
Wow thanks heaps, if these are the same as the ones here then that's even better than the 10% off!post #38604 of 6041510/1/13 at 11:14pmpost #38605 of 6041510/2/13 at 12:29ampost #38606 of 6041510/2/13 at 12:39ampost #38607 of 6041510/2/13 at 12:56ampost #38608 of 6041510/2/13 at 1:05ampost #38609 of 6041510/2/13 at 1:09ampost #38610 of 6041510/2/13 at 1:18amQuote:
Will be interested to hear how your visit to ripense is. I will be in Rome in early nov and planning to visit ripense as well.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 31 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...