or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2569

post #38521 of 53688
why did you create a new account again?
post #38522 of 53688

I assumed it was not possible to change my username on the old account. Is it?

post #38523 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


Very versatile. They're possibly my favourite shoe. I have just come to terms with the fact that I need to sell mine. Worn them twice. Just too big. Loake Wentworth's. I was peddling around in my Asos ones before that.

 

Cheers Mr Fox, what size and how much you selling them for?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubits View Post

Can't go wrong with blue suede shoes... Unless you pair them with a white jumpsuit of course.

 

I live on the strip mate, white jumpsuit obligatory, except we cut out the arms to show our oiled arms.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post


DB

Depends on what you want to wear them with, BS Chukkas chinos, white jeans, the Derbys would be good with either and with shorts. I have a pair of blue suede derbys I tend to wear them with Bills BK chinos.
 

 

Thanks GF, they will be for smart casual with chino's and white jeans. That bag review still pending, sorry mate been crazy busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

A clue - crowd funding, start-ups, silicon, valleys

 

Lucky punter! Pandora is getting pretty big l've noticed. 

 

From the SF think tank, l'm going to hit up a pair of blue suede derbys or chukkas and get my hands on the series The Wire.

 

Thanks Lads.

post #38524 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post
 

 

No. Tomorrow night:

- 7:30 Report

- Australian Story - Clive Palmer

- Anne Summers - Interview with Julia Gillard
- Four Corners 
- Media Watch

- Q&A with Bill Shorten and Anthony Albanese

 

<3 my ABC 

cant think of anything worse....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

Hi Guys.

need your sartorial help!

Spilt my pants 2 weeks ago at a Charity Law Ball, haven't had a chance to sort it out. Went to M&R Tailor here in sydney who is pretty good and he said definitely he cant fix it, i have called Rhodes and Beckett to check if i can buy another pair of pants for it. No Luck.

What am i to do? do i try a few more tailors or is the rip that bad i need to just suck it up and buy a new suit?



Such a fail

thanks!

gbanger - unless you want a patched arse you'd have to retire these

post #38525 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

Hi Guys.
need your sartorial help!
Spilt my pants 2 weeks ago at a Charity Law Ball, haven't had a chance to sort it out. Went to M&R Tailor here in sydney who is pretty good and he said definitely he cant fix it, i have called Rhodes and Beckett to check if i can buy another pair of pants for it. No Luck.
What am i to do? do i try a few more tailors or is the rip that bad i need to just suck it up and buy a new suit? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Such a fail thanks!

How did you do this?
If it was "normal" wear and tear then you deserve a refund.
That looks like a material fail.

Is it a dinner suit?
If so a patch might work.
After all you will never have those trousers on without a jacket covering the arse patch.
Will you.
post #38526 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

How did you do this?
If it was "normal" wear and tear then you deserve a refund.
That looks like a material fail.

Is it a dinner suit?
If so a patch might work.
After all you will never have those trousers on without a jacket covering the arse patch.
Will you.

good point. would bee interested to know how this happened as well.
post #38527 of 53688

Anyone had any experience with Knomo London bags, decent stuff?

post #38528 of 53688

Coming to the sad realisation that shoes of mine don't fit :(

post #38529 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

Coming to the sad realisation that shoes of mine don't fit :(

 

I feel your pain. Got a pair of Santonis in size 9.5 that are too big - major heel slippage. And a pair of G&Gs in size 10 that are too small - ankle blisters. Go figure...

post #38530 of 53688
^^ I have at least 1/2 dozens of shoes that fits poorly or don't fit at all. Including a pair of rl marlow and c&j shell .facepalm.gif
post #38531 of 53688
Why don't your shoes fit? :/
post #38532 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Why don't your shoes fit? :/

For me its the width size that kills me. I am us 8EEE and its hard to find a shoe that fits right.
And online purchase .....hoping they will fit .(sometimes they don't)
I have realized now if shoe don't fit or feel right at the first time you slip on them. They will never be comfortable.
post #38533 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

 

 And a pair of G&Gs in size 10 that are too small - ankle blisters. Go figure...

Shouldn't that imply they are too big, as they are slipping, which is causing the leather to rub against your skin leading to blisters?

 

If it was snug, it wouldn't slip!

post #38534 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post
 
Dont think law students turn out to be secret agents. I could be wrong, I dont know any spies

 

Sorry I meant the show Archer, but a different character... more like... OTHER BARRY!!

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post
 

 

Are you from Balmain too, mate!?

 

 

 

 

Rozelle side actually, because I find the airplane noise to be a soothing, gentle reminder that I should have just paid up and gone on the other side of victoria rd... hmmm... I think, if we could just stop the boats, equity volumes would increase back to like 2007 levels and then we'd all be rich! 

post #38535 of 53688
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthaveknow View Post
 

 

Rozelle side actually, because I find the airplane noise to be a soothing, gentle reminder that I should have just paid up and gone on the other side of victoria rd... hmmm... I think, if we could just stop the boats, equity volumes would increase back to like 2007 levels and then we'd all be rich! 

Haha :cheers:. I am down near the wharf.

 

In the last 20 years, the amount of people that have come to this country by boat would only just fill the MCG. It's all the Baby Boomers that are being greedy as F**K with their self-managed super funds and playing poker with OUR property!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members