I'm going to pick up another popover shirt in PS' favourite colour, pink. MB eat your heart out!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2548post #38206 of 679469/24/13 at 4:33ampost #38207 of 679469/24/13 at 5:26amQuote:
looking at some shirts from o&j . Can anyone comment on the fit. I am super skinny and wear extra slim fit 37 or 14.5 (thomas pink - extra slim and tm lewin fully fitted).
How would the S fit ?post #38208 of 679469/24/13 at 5:26ampost #38209 of 679469/24/13 at 5:33ampost #38210 of 679469/24/13 at 6:34amQuote:My advice is get a full length mirror. Take it into a good lighting area. Adjust so you can see well. And then take a good hard look at yourself. Then ask. Why on did earth did I buy driving shoes/loafers. Then the big question why the f#### did I ever think for a moment to buy anything in camo. Am I going to war soon. And. How will this all go with my trackies.
Then go to fiancé. Apologise. Ask forgiveness. Promise to change ways.post #38211 of 679469/24/13 at 6:39ampost #38212 of 679469/24/13 at 6:41amQuote:
White trousers look very smart in the summer, actually they are rather addictive in my opinion, one does not want to lounge around sipping gin tonics in rather drab khaki.post #38213 of 679469/24/13 at 6:44ampost #38214 of 679469/24/13 at 6:47ampost #38215 of 679469/24/13 at 6:50ampost #38216 of 679469/24/13 at 7:15ampost #38217 of 679469/24/13 at 7:58ampost #38218 of 679469/24/13 at 2:57pmWallets: I love Longchamp 'Veau Foulonné' scotch-grain leather. It's quite soft but still pretty resilient. Prices are typically crazy at Hunt Leather, less so online.
Mine is about 4" square, which is a little large, but does sit pretty flat in the pocket.
Socks: Navy is good, grey is good, mid-blue is good, and why not get a few colours or patterns if they take your fancy! I went through a phase of wearing exclusively colourful striped and even solid socks (coral orange), which I have thankfully grown out of (along with pseudo-Italian short trousers). Tasteful stripes or small-scale patterns, though, there is nothing wrong with.
Bresciani are very nice, and good quality:
The prices are decent at Mr Porter, and ship quickly and for free.
I have about half a dozen pairs of Pantharella navy OTC, which haven't held up amazingly well but were being liquidated by DJs for silly money, and another half dozen OTC pairs from Hankyu in Tokyo, by a brand called 'The Gentleman's Socks' (sadly unavailable online). They are marled solid colours: navy with a hint of purple, for example, which is a nice compromise between a solid and a pattern.
White pants: The cut obviously needs to be just so, and the cloth substantial enough that noone can see your jocks. Cotton is good; linen less so (too much wrinkling, too much dry cleaning, too transparent).
I note that Owen and James has some on sale at the moment...post #38219 of 679469/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #38220 of 679469/24/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Digging up an old post - I'm a Bisonte fan :-) Hunt Leather in Balmain has them.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1509 Active Users (342 Members and 1167 Guests)
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Removing crease marks from trousers? 9 minutes ago
- › I am a type 1 diabetic (questions and comments) 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding