I'm going to pick up another popover shirt in PS' favourite colour, pink. MB eat your heart out!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2548post #38206 of 654089/24/13 at 4:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38207 of 654089/24/13 at 5:26amQuote:
looking at some shirts from o&j . Can anyone comment on the fit. I am super skinny and wear extra slim fit 37 or 14.5 (thomas pink - extra slim and tm lewin fully fitted).
How would the S fit ?post #38208 of 654089/24/13 at 5:26ampost #38209 of 654089/24/13 at 5:33ampost #38210 of 654089/24/13 at 6:34amQuote:My advice is get a full length mirror. Take it into a good lighting area. Adjust so you can see well. And then take a good hard look at yourself. Then ask. Why on did earth did I buy driving shoes/loafers. Then the big question why the f#### did I ever think for a moment to buy anything in camo. Am I going to war soon. And. How will this all go with my trackies.
Then go to fiancé. Apologise. Ask forgiveness. Promise to change ways.post #38211 of 654089/24/13 at 6:39ampost #38212 of 654089/24/13 at 6:41amQuote:
White trousers look very smart in the summer, actually they are rather addictive in my opinion, one does not want to lounge around sipping gin tonics in rather drab khaki.post #38213 of 654089/24/13 at 6:44ampost #38214 of 654089/24/13 at 6:47ampost #38215 of 654089/24/13 at 6:50amQuote:
I like the idea of white ducks and a blazer, but its a pretty advanced move when when most Australians wouldn't own a pair of khakis.
Edited by Oli2012 - 9/24/13 at 7:06ampost #38216 of 654089/24/13 at 7:15ampost #38217 of 654089/24/13 at 7:58ampost #38218 of 654089/24/13 at 2:57pmWallets: I love Longchamp 'Veau Foulonné' scotch-grain leather. It's quite soft but still pretty resilient. Prices are typically crazy at Hunt Leather, less so online.
Mine is about 4" square, which is a little large, but does sit pretty flat in the pocket.
Socks: Navy is good, grey is good, mid-blue is good, and why not get a few colours or patterns if they take your fancy! I went through a phase of wearing exclusively colourful striped and even solid socks (coral orange), which I have thankfully grown out of (along with pseudo-Italian short trousers). Tasteful stripes or small-scale patterns, though, there is nothing wrong with.
Bresciani are very nice, and good quality:
The prices are decent at Mr Porter, and ship quickly and for free.
I have about half a dozen pairs of Pantharella navy OTC, which haven't held up amazingly well but were being liquidated by DJs for silly money, and another half dozen OTC pairs from Hankyu in Tokyo, by a brand called 'The Gentleman's Socks' (sadly unavailable online). They are marled solid colours: navy with a hint of purple, for example, which is a nice compromise between a solid and a pattern.
White pants: The cut obviously needs to be just so, and the cloth substantial enough that noone can see your jocks. Cotton is good; linen less so (too much wrinkling, too much dry cleaning, too transparent).
I note that Owen and James has some on sale at the moment...post #38219 of 654089/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #38220 of 654089/24/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Digging up an old post - I'm a Bisonte fan :-) Hunt Leather in Balmain has them.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Currently, there are 1571 Active Users (270 Members and 1301 Guests)
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › TOM FORD 36R Solid Navy Suit (Base B) 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth