I'm going to pick up another popover shirt in PS' favourite colour, pink. MB eat your heart out!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2548post #38206 of 678919/24/13 at 4:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38207 of 678919/24/13 at 5:26amQuote:
looking at some shirts from o&j . Can anyone comment on the fit. I am super skinny and wear extra slim fit 37 or 14.5 (thomas pink - extra slim and tm lewin fully fitted).
How would the S fit ?post #38208 of 678919/24/13 at 5:26ampost #38209 of 678919/24/13 at 5:33ampost #38210 of 678919/24/13 at 6:34amQuote:My advice is get a full length mirror. Take it into a good lighting area. Adjust so you can see well. And then take a good hard look at yourself. Then ask. Why on did earth did I buy driving shoes/loafers. Then the big question why the f#### did I ever think for a moment to buy anything in camo. Am I going to war soon. And. How will this all go with my trackies.
Then go to fiancé. Apologise. Ask forgiveness. Promise to change ways.post #38211 of 678919/24/13 at 6:39ampost #38212 of 678919/24/13 at 6:41amQuote:
White trousers look very smart in the summer, actually they are rather addictive in my opinion, one does not want to lounge around sipping gin tonics in rather drab khaki.post #38213 of 678919/24/13 at 6:44ampost #38214 of 678919/24/13 at 6:47ampost #38215 of 678919/24/13 at 6:50amQuote:
I like the idea of white ducks and a blazer, but its a pretty advanced move when when most Australians wouldn't own a pair of khakis.
Edited by Oli2012 - 9/24/13 at 7:06ampost #38216 of 678919/24/13 at 7:15ampost #38217 of 678919/24/13 at 7:58ampost #38218 of 678919/24/13 at 2:57pmWallets: I love Longchamp 'Veau Foulonné' scotch-grain leather. It's quite soft but still pretty resilient. Prices are typically crazy at Hunt Leather, less so online.
Mine is about 4" square, which is a little large, but does sit pretty flat in the pocket.
Socks: Navy is good, grey is good, mid-blue is good, and why not get a few colours or patterns if they take your fancy! I went through a phase of wearing exclusively colourful striped and even solid socks (coral orange), which I have thankfully grown out of (along with pseudo-Italian short trousers). Tasteful stripes or small-scale patterns, though, there is nothing wrong with.
Bresciani are very nice, and good quality:
The prices are decent at Mr Porter, and ship quickly and for free.
I have about half a dozen pairs of Pantharella navy OTC, which haven't held up amazingly well but were being liquidated by DJs for silly money, and another half dozen OTC pairs from Hankyu in Tokyo, by a brand called 'The Gentleman's Socks' (sadly unavailable online). They are marled solid colours: navy with a hint of purple, for example, which is a nice compromise between a solid and a pattern.
White pants: The cut obviously needs to be just so, and the cloth substantial enough that noone can see your jocks. Cotton is good; linen less so (too much wrinkling, too much dry cleaning, too transparent).
I note that Owen and James has some on sale at the moment...post #38219 of 678919/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #38220 of 678919/24/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Digging up an old post - I'm a Bisonte fan :-) Hunt Leather in Balmain has them.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
Currently, there are 968 Active Users (131 Members and 837 Guests)
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 30 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 34 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...