I'm going to pick up another popover shirt in PS' favourite colour, pink. MB eat your heart out!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2548post #38206 of 610599/24/13 at 4:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38207 of 610599/24/13 at 5:26amQuote:
looking at some shirts from o&j . Can anyone comment on the fit. I am super skinny and wear extra slim fit 37 or 14.5 (thomas pink - extra slim and tm lewin fully fitted).
How would the S fit ?post #38208 of 610599/24/13 at 5:26ampost #38209 of 610599/24/13 at 5:33ampost #38210 of 610599/24/13 at 6:34amQuote:My advice is get a full length mirror. Take it into a good lighting area. Adjust so you can see well. And then take a good hard look at yourself. Then ask. Why on did earth did I buy driving shoes/loafers. Then the big question why the f#### did I ever think for a moment to buy anything in camo. Am I going to war soon. And. How will this all go with my trackies.
Then go to fiancé. Apologise. Ask forgiveness. Promise to change ways.post #38211 of 610599/24/13 at 6:39ampost #38212 of 610599/24/13 at 6:41amQuote:
White trousers look very smart in the summer, actually they are rather addictive in my opinion, one does not want to lounge around sipping gin tonics in rather drab khaki.post #38213 of 610599/24/13 at 6:44ampost #38214 of 610599/24/13 at 6:47ampost #38215 of 610599/24/13 at 6:50amQuote:
I like the idea of white ducks and a blazer, but its a pretty advanced move when when most Australians wouldn't own a pair of khakis.
Edited by Oli2012 - 9/24/13 at 7:06ampost #38216 of 610599/24/13 at 7:15ampost #38217 of 610599/24/13 at 7:58ampost #38218 of 610599/24/13 at 2:57pmWallets: I love Longchamp 'Veau Foulonné' scotch-grain leather. It's quite soft but still pretty resilient. Prices are typically crazy at Hunt Leather, less so online.
Mine is about 4" square, which is a little large, but does sit pretty flat in the pocket.
Socks: Navy is good, grey is good, mid-blue is good, and why not get a few colours or patterns if they take your fancy! I went through a phase of wearing exclusively colourful striped and even solid socks (coral orange), which I have thankfully grown out of (along with pseudo-Italian short trousers). Tasteful stripes or small-scale patterns, though, there is nothing wrong with.
Bresciani are very nice, and good quality:
The prices are decent at Mr Porter, and ship quickly and for free.
I have about half a dozen pairs of Pantharella navy OTC, which haven't held up amazingly well but were being liquidated by DJs for silly money, and another half dozen OTC pairs from Hankyu in Tokyo, by a brand called 'The Gentleman's Socks' (sadly unavailable online). They are marled solid colours: navy with a hint of purple, for example, which is a nice compromise between a solid and a pattern.
White pants: The cut obviously needs to be just so, and the cloth substantial enough that noone can see your jocks. Cotton is good; linen less so (too much wrinkling, too much dry cleaning, too transparent).
I note that Owen and James has some on sale at the moment...post #38219 of 610599/24/13 at 5:04pmpost #38220 of 610599/24/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Digging up an old post - I'm a Bisonte fan :-) Hunt Leather in Balmain has them.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1929 Active Users (506 Members and 1423 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 56 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 3 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan